Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DOF (3mg insufflated) - 1st time - light dose trial

Pfafffed

Moderator: PD
Staff member
DOF (3mg total insufflated over 1.25hrs)

It's a gray, rainy day. My mood is fine, maybe some slight irritability due to some nose irritation. I slept well, but overslept a little. I didn't eat enough yesterday, and had a light breakfast of french toast today, as well as two cups of tea, some CBD, and some ashwagandha. I went to bed at 9pm last night, but was woken up an hour later and couldn't sleep until midnight. If I had woken up at 6AM as planned, I was going to try either DOiP or DOPr for the first time, but not at 10pm with work the next day. I decided after some reflection not to abandon DOx entirely for the day, testing the waters with insufflated titrations of DOF instead.

11:12 - Insufflated part of a 2mg dose. Dose was weighed without tare using weigh plate and rolling paper, tested twice, after calibration of scale, so should be no more than 4mg in total.

11:15 - Little alert.

11:22 - No developments, so I insufflated the rest.

11:28 - Some increasing alertness and a little queasiness.

12:07 - Seems like a light dose of a stimulating PEA like DOC. A little tension in the muscles and jaw, and a little light-headedness. Maybe some people would find this good for creativity--not for me, though. Going to bump up the dose - hopefully I haven't developed too much tolerance yet. There's definitely the suggestion of a psychedelic headspace, but it's light and unformed. Perhaps it's still developing

12:14 - Insufflated 1mg, most of which I feel went straight into my lungs. Kinda hungry, so I may eat soon.

12:21 - I'm not much for stimulating psychedelics, but so far I like this stimulation. It's tending towards the euphoric, lighting up the reward centers of my brain a bit rather than the anxiety ones. It does feel a bit like a PEA underdose still, but I'm more okay with that since I knew that was what I was looking for going into it. There never were going to be fireworks. I'm actually interested to see what this will be like at future higher doses. I have a little bit of bouncy leg and I need to poop, but earlier tension, queasiness went away almost immediately after I recorded them without taking magnesium or ginger or anything. The energy feels fine in the body, not questionable, gross, or edgy as many stimulating PEAs can feel at times. So far, it's a subtly erotic feeling, one that might be more so at higher doses. I still haven't come close to breaking through into the space. Still, I don't think I'd want to drive in this headspace.

12:35 - Second dose felt. Feels more like a psychedelic than a stimulant tbh. There are no fireworks at this dosage and of course no visual activity, but the headspace is apparent. I'd call this a +. I can't say for sure what the character is like, but it feels dreamier than sharp, so more like 2C-T-2 or MAL than mescaline at the moment. The stimulation, euphoria, and body sensations are gone, as are all side effects. I could eat without difficulty, although preparing food was daunting. Food tasted...above average? I'm no more startleable than usual, so there is zero anxiety (nice!) Headspace is very mild, but strong enough that my friend can tell that I'm altered and that I won't try to do anything complex or productive. If it weren't too late for a booster to tell me anything about dosage, I would take a booster. I can't say for sure whether or not I will like this, but it sure doesn't look like I'll dislike it. I feel like there might be some emotional warmth and positive push in the background, as I seem to be inured now to the bleak weather outside. The headspace itself has some of the mental quiet that I like from DOC and 2C-B, where I dissociate a little bit from my internal narrative voice, watching it from a little distance. That sense of space can be peaceful--it's weird, but it it's restful, like a little mental vacation both like and unlike mindfulness practice.

2:06 - Effects are surprisingly already in decline. There was a little dreamy closed eye fantasy during sex, but that's about it. The effects are subtle enough now that I would probably drive. Part of me wonders if some of the headspace alteration was just low blood sugar, which abated as soon as I had a light lunch. I think in the future I will start with a 4mg insufflated dose and titrate up from there. Effects are subtle enough at this point that I think it will be difficult to determine a chronology from here on out.

3:00 - Ate dinner early and had a good appetite

4:30 - Effects stable. I'm actually fairly tired. Gonna have some tea. Was able to go shopping, but I noticed that complex decision making was still inhibited. I couldn't read an academic text, for instance, so I just played video games instead while waiting for it to wear off.

8:15 - Played some cards with friends from 5:30-8pm. Strategic thinking was fine. I could tell the drug was still in my system, but it's only just perceived. I notice some odd word order choices in my speech and writing occasionally, stuff like that, but that's about it. I was feeling tired, so drank some caffeinated soda, which perked me up. It was only on my walk home that I registered that there were still some residual effects in the background, but they faded quickly again into the background when I got home and started other activities.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dof
substancecode_amphetamines
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_neutral
roacode_nasal

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man I first read this as DOC (3mg insufflated) light dose trial, and I was like whaaaaaat? =D Okay makes way more sense.

I'm happy you gave this an insufflated trial, as I have heard good things about DOC insufflated, but haven't tried it (or tried it with any DOX). Seems like nasal might be a pretty good ROA for DOXs at reasonable dosages, especially if it reduces total duration. In this case it seems like the duration was quite down - though 3mg, for me, was not even enough for alerts orally.

Glad you submitted this, you've written the second detailed psychonaut-style DOF report I'm aware of, after myself. :) I think you'll find it develops more at a higher dose but of course, given the extreme rarity of this compound, it's good to start low. I think I'll give it a nasal test myself to compare with oral sometime soon.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wasn't really expecting anything at all at this low of a dose (maybe equivalent to 6-9mg oral?) But since it's largely unreported on and given the really long comeup for DOPr, I wanted to be conservative. My one experience with 2C-T-7 was titrated rectally, and I was surprised to see that unlike 2C-T-2 the comeup was still really long -- I could easily have taken too much of I had been inpatient. Doesn't look like that's the case with DOF, though.

I've often thought about insufflating DOC, but I think that would have to be via a nasal spray like you mentioned, what with the dose in the high micrograms or low milligrams.

You haven't tried DOPr yet, have you? DOF has a much shorter duration than DOPr. I'm really looking forward to reading about your observations of a full dose of DOF, DOiP, and DOPr. :)

Regarding DOF, I'm glad to see that you also find it more psychedelic than stimulant. Given the little info available seemed to suggest it was a simple stimulant, I thought either it maybe wasn't actually DOF or I had an idiosyncratic reaction. However I imagine we must have the same source since this is the first I've heard of it in the wild, and since I got it, I have been able to confirm via lab results that it is, in fact, DOF.

Lucky guys =D

Thanks for the report, such a rare compound, but from what I've read it certainly seems enjoyable in it's own subtle way. Oh yes, certainly report on the other DOx if you try 'em, cool stuff.

This is awesome to read. I no longer possess rare exotics or much else these days. but its very special when you do have awesome rare chems to enjoy... please do write about more of them

Hey, just saw this and checked it out, thanks much for the write-up. :) I definitely think it sounds like it does have promise, and I can understand a bit better I think why you like the stimulation it produces, there are certain parts of what you said that I actually find relatable to more phenethylamines in general than other types of psychedelics.

Again I'll be looking forward to anything else you have to share about it in the future too!