• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine does yay mess with your bones?

inner ear

Greenlighter
It's been a week and a half since I did an 80 bag of coke to myself throughout a whole day and ever since then I haven't been able to shake this feeling that a lot of calcium was leeched from my bones. Not sure if it makes sense describing it that way but my bones have felt stiffer, more brittle, and my muscles feel really tight and sore like when a lot of lactic acid releases. Bones feel hollower, lighter, and feel like they crack more easily even at the close of my fist or a move of the wrist. Also feels like my muscles are tight and non elastic. I'm sure it will go away soon since i've felt better everyday and it hasn't been bothering me too much. It does make sense since coke tends to suck you dry but I want to know if anyone knows about how cocaine directly affects the skeleto-muscular system!

Never heard of this before. Not once in my life. You might want to stay the fuck away from coke, or at least from whichever source you got this shit from. If an 80 bag of coke made your bones feel hollow and brittle and your muscles dried and non elastic then there is some kind of fucked up cut in it. Or you have some sort of fucked up "allergy" to it. Stay safe.

That's definitely a possibility, I don't do cocaine often but have before and trying it again recently and doing a lot for how unaccustomed i've grown towards it might have had a harder effect on me..but never experienced this before even when I was new to it and doing a lot, or when I was doing a lot and taking long breaks regularly. Definitely cut with something messed up. If most of it comes in a big powdery rock is it mostly coke or could it be any cut that forms that? I've heard it's real coke if it comes like that and you have to break it down yourself. That rock stuff had a grit to it though that reminded me of baking powder. This stuff was his second variety and supposed to be better and more expensive and it was really fine and fluffy and powdery. Really good stuff in practice but who knows what it's cut with it. It's got to be cut with something. I may be sensitive to that cut..But i'm sure there's got to be some depleting of vitamin D or some calcium or something. Feels like I had some minimal muscle wasting too. My grip strength is a bit down. Fingers are stiff. Everything is stiff man like my ankles need to constantly be rolled and my calves need stretching all the time. My hips feel really closed up probably from doing a lot of walking on it. The comedown let me down pretty easy honestly but i'd just kind of groan and how I'd creak so loudly afterwards and stretching still feels like things are popping and muscle bands are tight, like knots formed in my back or something. Going to stay away from coke! Avoiding dopamine releasing agents since they tend to leave me broke and foggy headed. But every once in a while I find that good yay is a lighter pick me up than the other stimulants and is fiendy but can be paced regularly with small bumps and kept at a reasonable level or the euphoria can build if you like and one can go chasing that all night long. Bad drug though as its the one that sketches my heart out the most. No other stimulant has ever made me feel so weird in my heart and I think a lot of people would agree

Inner Ear, you have definitely brought up an interesting, if merely hypothetical question.

It is a fact that vitamins and minerals are effected by diet. There is no question in my mind, that toxins, chemicals and diseases, also contribute to this as well, all of which contribute to the"leeching" of minerals from in this case, bones.

I have to research the amount that can leave bones and at what speed. Usually something like this takes years to accomplish. Drug use, especially hard drug use, will speed this effect up
You mentioned that you had a previous, heavy habit, but after, use was infrequent(subjective) and now you picked up use again, correct?

Some of the side effects that you have mentioned, sound like overuse side effects of stimulants in general. The bone issues can be: the cumulative effects of years of drug use, mixed with lack of a proper diet and nutrition, or a more serious medical condition that has come to light now. If your not a junkie cocaine user, that at least is in average, overall health, then you may simply be, as Mad Dash has expressed, experiencing effects of some really nasty cuts, that you may be allergic to, or are straight up poison.

Now lets add insult to injury. Let's suppose that during your heavy period of use, you were healthier, and your body could handle much more cocaine and the various impurities/cuts/poisons associated with it. You took a break or various breaks from use and got back into it. Now, the shit is 35-70% purity, with worse cuts.

The picture I am trying to paint is, all that may have added up and has begun really fucking with you.
I apologise for hopefully an off topic response, but there is a nice, quite realistic, worse case scenario for you.

Your overall condition is very serious, IMO. I had cancer and everything you have said means get checked out.

Quit the shitty coke, eat easy to ingest health foods, drink plenty of water, Gatorade for some sugar and to get your electrolytes balanced, * if you do not feel like your going to have a heart attact,or die in a few hours, wait till you are clear from cocaine on a urine test and go to a hospital feeling poisoned. You need to be seen. If you can put up with it till you test negative for at least coke, try to relax, I run to benzodiazepines when I feel like shit. I feel for you deeply, thats why I posted a letter.

Get better and please post back with a follow up if possible. We are a harm reduction site. Your thread may open many peoples eyes.