• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Does vitamin C lower amphetamine tolerance?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I heard from my friend that vitamin C can lower your amphetamine tolerance. Is this true? I have a health drink mix thing called "Emergen-C" that contains 1667% of your daily vitamin C, would drinking that make lower your amphetamine tolerance by a significant amount?

No but if you have scurvy you wont feel much from amphetamine without some vitamin c

There is some evidence that antioxidents might help prevent some of the decreased receptor sensitivity from meth and neurotoxins. However, i use egcgnfrom green teanas it has stronger evidence behind it. I suck of the leaves when i have dry mouth and idk if it influences my tolerance but the lack of dry mouth definitely helps feel the positives more.

I was wrong, it could potentially help
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2852062/
In a recent study, it has been demonstrated that ascorbic acid possessed antidopaminergic activity and modulate the glutamatergic neurotransmission in mice.
It is hypothesized that inhibition of development of tolerance and dependence to morphine by ascorbic acid appears to have two components, namely dopaminergic and glutamategic, and ascorbic acid prevents the development of tolerance and dependence to morphine in mice.
The study is about opioids, but it could work with amphetamines too

No. But anything directly acidic such as vitamin C can reduce the effectiveness of amphetamines when taken together, it helps to eliminate it from your body at a faster rate.

Don't refrain from supplementing with vitamin C though, just take the vitamin C when the amphetamine is wearing off. It will also assist with the negative comedown effects.

That study uses 800 mg per kg by ip not oral. For a human thats like 16 grams pointing you at risk of metabolic acidosisn

Not to mention that basically be a enema that burns like cindgar and trusr me from experience that is noooooo bueno

That study uses 800 mg per kg by ip not oral. For a human thats like 16 grams pointing you at risk of metabolic acidosisn

When converting to humans (x0.081), the doses used work out to about 30-130mg/kg, which is somewhat practical. Also oral bioavailability is adequate even at high doses, no need to IP it.

Last edited:
Actually i consume my coffee with 2-3 g of citric acid so maybe it does do something. I just use it to ease caffeine extraction

I know this is old but it's worth mentioning.Ascorbic acid
L-ascorbate reduces the dopamine depletion induced by methamphetamine AND
Protects Against Methamphetamine-Induced Neurotoxicity of Cortical Cells by Inhibiting Oxidative Stress