• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Does using coke for a few hours cause eye pain/vision troubles?

waldo777

Bluelighter
Whenever snorting cocaine through out the days for 6-8 hours, doing about half a gram over that time, I've heard of people experiencing pain or "headaches" behind theIr eyes, becoming painfully sensitive to light / sunlight, and just having visual disturbances generally, though nothing close to severe and nothing some rest can't fix. Any ideas on the cause(s) and/or ways to ameliorate these problems?

Does this happen with every source of coke? If not, it may just have been cut with something your body doesn't like.

Does it especially hurt behind the eyebrows (superciliary arch), ie in the upper part of the eyes? There's some bad coke around that causes that particular side-effect. Dunno what the cut is.

I think you are referring to several different things here. Perhaps if we split it into headache behind the eyes, photophobia (light sensitivity), and vision distortions. I'm not that up to speed on coke but I'll give it a shot. (puns intended ;))

Pain behind the eyes is no surprise after snorting foreign powders into your sinuses, as this is practically where they are. Although cocaine is a topical anesthetic there will still be lots of irritation and opportunity for burning, aching and other pain in your nasal cavities. The worse the coke the less the numbing effect as well.
NSFW:

nasana2.jpg

nasana3.jpg

Sensitivity to light could merely be because cocaine dilates your pupils making things too bright. Photophobia and headache are also migraine symptoms and serotonin has been shown to be involved with migraines. I think it is more to do with low serotonin production though...still perhaps in between lines during a long session?

For other random visual disturbances I'd guess most would be from altered perception from the coke's effect on your brain. The high blood pressure can make you feel lighted headed and see spots etc. as well.

Thank you all for the replies, those are some of the causes I suspected as well (except the cuts being the cause, as these side effects seem to occur in people I've spoken with in multiple locations, using multiple sources).

The other causes I thought may be @least partially responsible were a lack of food and water, as one tends not to eat or drink during continuous cocaine use....thoughts/experiences?

As for the aches around the eyes, those could also be attributed to an unconscious furrowing of the brow, as one often does on stimulants (akin to muscle tension and jaw clenching )....

Sometimes when snorting too much of something (especially if you don't make sure to realllyyy chop it up nicely into powder)
It clogss your sinus's and makes your head hurt.

Maybe you don't cut it enough.? :p

Several years ago I was snorting a bunch of coke for about 4 months and I had to wear some of those cheap glasses from the drug store to read.....About 2 weeks after I stopped, I did not need them anymore.

Could be your sinuses, or it also could be a sign of your blood pressure spiking.

I would agree with those who say it's from your sinuses. They get irritated from cuts and impurities that aggravate your sinuses behind the eyes. Sometimes eye pain can be a result of this.

About those vision trouble ...

I occurs to me that if you do coke for hours (days?) your pupils will be dilated during all that time. There's a rebound afterwards, so much so that I know someone who had new reading glasses done after a prolonged coke spree before he realized the problem was only temporary.

Probably your sinuses they'll be inflammed from snorting and that would cause a headache

Whenever snorting cocaine through out the days for 6-8 hours, doing about half a gram over that time, I've heard of people experiencing pain or "headaches" behind theIr eyes, becoming painfully sensitive to light / sunlight, and just having visual disturbances generally, though nothing close to severe and nothing some rest can't fix. Any ideas on the cause(s) and/or ways to ameliorate these problems?

Behind the eye pain is almost certainly sinus related, but as with Psychopath's post (quoted below)I was curious about something similar, where my eyes themselves became irritated on a regular basis (thoroughly crushed pills more often than coke but I believe similar situation based on foreign substance entering through normal connection between nose and eyes - see this link for info and diagram which in me is rather pronounced possibly due to untreated deviated septum).

Several years ago I was snorting a bunch of coke for about 4 months and I had to wear some of those cheap glasses from the drug store to read.....About 2 weeks after I stopped, I did not need them anymore.

I actually ended up needing glasses as well (though, interestingly, slightly near-sighted whereas drug store glasses are to correct far-sighted vision - e.g. "reading glasses" - but surface irregularities could cause either I think...) which the eye doc attributed to corneal scratches.

Even more pertinent to above post than my own experience, this is a pretty interesting study, linking several eye issues with cocaine use (snorting).