• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Does tramadol prolong withdrawls

inmfh4488

Bluelighter
I could not post from mobil. It was asking for a thread prefix and there was no option. Please move to other drugs.

Im curious if tramadol prolongs opiate withdrawl. Im doing really good.

I used friday night n made it till sun night b4 i used again. Sunday at night i used a ten bag n monday used the rest around 9pm. Its now 10am on friday. I feel like i should be out of he woods but i honestly feel a little worse then wednesday( thurdays was the same as today i woke feeling kinda worse, worse rls n more cold...im getttin super cold this w/d instead of hot n cold like other times) wednesday night i used tramadol just 50mg it greatly enhanced my mood n took my mind off it. Becuz of the relief i took 50mg again thursday but i waited till midnight to try to use it to sleep but stayed up till like 6am and the tram was total warn off.

Basically im wondering if it prolongs or resets withdrawls and detox like taking a 5mg hydro would.

Im not trying to get by till i can get more dope i am quittin

Tramadol is a u-opiate agonist, like morphine and oxycodone and heroin, but it is MUCH weaker. Personally, I find it to have no effect other than making me sleepy (I took 500 mg when my opiate tolerance was pretty low, and that's all I got). It also raises the "seizure threshold", whatever that is.

Anyway, back to the OQ.
Yes, hypothetically it could prolong your WD's, but if your tolerance is that low it could also help ease you off narcs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but here in uk ive known people to be given tramadol to wean off of H and strong opiate drugs, not sure if that's instead of subs and m/done but I've known a friend that was given it to help lessen w/d on a high dose then tapered down, not sure if this was an individual case, its great if your w/d are less by a 50 �� bravo keep it up! I just no from experience that w/d from tramadol is truly awful even being a synth opiate (against what docs say) so watch them lil blighters, I still got w/d stopping from 1 50 a day tapering, awful...still stuck on them tho...i just like um (sigh) good luck buddy your doing ace!

I don't think it will prolong your withdrawal...at least it hasn't for me. One thing I can say though, is that despite the fact that I can't "feel" tramadol at any dose level, it will relieve (only to some extent) my withdrawal symptoms, but it will also worsen my insomnia. I'm not sure yet why this is. But if I normally would sleep and I take 50 or 100 or any mg dose of trams, I won't sleep. Guaranteed. This experiment has been replicated numerous times.

I don't think it will prolong your withdrawal...at least it hasn't for me. One thing I can say though, is that despite the fact that I can't "feel" tramadol at any dose level, it will relieve (only to some extent) my withdrawal symptoms, but it will also worsen my insomnia. I'm not sure yet why this is. But if I normally would sleep and I take 50 or 100 or any mg dose of trams, I won't sleep. Guaranteed. This experiment has been replicated numerous times.
Tramadol does act as an SNRI, this is what gives it it's energizing properties and what probably leads to your insomnia or worsening of insomnia.

In my experience Tramadol not only prolongs WDs but causes pretty horrbible WDs on its own due to the SNRI effect and the opioid properties, however low they may be.
My first WD was from Trams and it was very bad, including waking up in the middle of the night with panic attacks and not being able to sleep anymore, lethargy, depression and the usual opi-WD-symptoms.

It is probably not as bad as the WD from H, Methadone or even Subs but still in a league of its own. Think of a Antidepressant withdrawl combined with an Opi-WD.

Not even mentioned the possible seizures in higher doses and such.
It also depends on your metabolism and if you can convert it to O-Desmethyltramadol enough.

I'd like to chime in here that I have a very easy time withdrawing tramadol. Even after 18 months of 400-600mg daily I could just taper for a week and be completely withdrawal free. Without tapering I do get some really bad gastrointestinal issues, become irritable, may feel a little cold, but nothing that would not allow me to get all my shit done.

This is despite the fact I metabolize Tramadol extremely well, in fact it makes me nod hard! It's my favourite 'opiate' and while I have a tramadol tolerance (100-200mg daily these days) 16mg hydromorphone will not have any effect on me whatsoever (despite the tramadol being out of the system so it can't be isosteric competition).