• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does Tramadol actually work for anyone's pain, or enjoyment?

It never really worked for me. It doesn't help managing the pain to start with.
If you have an opiate addiction, Tramadol is all you will get at the hospital if you are in pain IME.

I don't want to speak for anyone other then myself, but for me 50mg of tramadol is equivalent to 7.5mg of hydrocodone.

I don't want to speak for anyone other then myself, but for me 50mg of tramadol is equivalent to 7.5mg of hydrocodone.

jealous this used to be me. I use to love trams more than any other drug for the pain killing and happiness. Might stop all others to get back to that

Tramadol works for pain if I take 100 mg. I get a slight buzz from it, but nothing I'd describe as euphoric, and not something I'd take Tramadol in search of.

I also have some sort of metabolic weirdness where very small amounts of opiods effect me, and it takes me a long time to get them out of my system. 2 Tramadol stay with me for at least 8 hours, and if I take another 50 mg of Tramadol as soon as I feel the initial 100 dose wearing off (the pain coming back), I get another 8 hours of good pain relief.

The upshot is that I still only take the 3 50 mg tablets I'm RXed per day, I just don't take them as prescribed.

I'm female, 230lbs and I take 4x50mg tramadol hydrochloride and get a nice sleepy, spacey sensation and almost full pain relief from sciatica. I also used them after my hysterectomy last year, again 4x50mg tablets and the pain was manageable x

I also have some sort of metabolic weirdness where very small amounts of opiods effect me, and it takes me a long time to get them out of my system. 2 Tramadol stay with me for at least 8 hours, and if I take another 50 mg of Tramadol as soon as I feel the initial 100 dose wearing off (the pain coming back), I get another 8 hours of good pain relief.

The upshot is that I still only take the 3 50 mg tablets I'm RXed per day, I just don't take them as prescribed.

This is pretty normal, tramadol should work exactly in this way.

What has the doctor prescribed?

I would tell your doctor it's (tramadol) not working and ask for something stronger ,he may give you Tylenol w/codine still it's not very strong however it a lot better than Tramadol

it didn't help my pain or get me high. It made me very nauseous however I would take more than prescribed. Opiates in general don't get me high I think. Tramadol 100mg, hydrocodone (Norco) in up to 30 mg, & oxycodone (Percocet) in up to 20mg. anyone know why that may be? & also, I'm new to Bluelight. How do I start a blog or thread of my own?

You could've been nauseous from taking too much because your body needs to adjust. I took Trams years later after kicking it and it made me feel like crap, nausea, etc. I was wondering why it wasn't working. I kept taking more anyway and started to feel REALLY good. Your body has to adjust first.

jealous this used to be me. I use to love trams more than any other drug for the pain killing and happiness. Might stop all others to get back to that

It really isn't that great, the stimulation fades fast. For the most part 450mg spaced over 3 hours just provides very slight mood lift and a decent night of sleep. It's better then more powerful opiates but only marginally.

Also idk if this has been mentioned, sorry I didn't get a chance to read the whole forum, but apparently tramadol is more efficient when more tramadol is in your system. I usually take 50mg every 15 min then when I get to 200mg start taking 100mg at a time, it might be placebo but it seams to work a lot better that way.

Also idk if this has been mentioned, sorry I didn't get a chance to read the whole forum, but apparently tramadol is more efficient when more tramadol is in your system. I usually take 50mg every 15 min then when I get to 200mg start taking 100mg at a time, it might be placebo but it seams to work a lot better that way.

You know that tramadol lowers your seizure threshold, right?
I think I've read that a girl seized from as little as 200mg. Consensus is, that anything over 300mg can be dangerous.

You know that tramadol lowers your seizure threshold, right?
I think I've read that a girl seized from as little as 200mg. Consensus is, that anything over 300mg can be dangerous.

It's more likely to happen in individuals prone to seizures, I'm not prone but I still know there's a chance. I don't recommend my regimen I was just giving an example, I go into the 400-500mg range which isn't smart for anyone without a tolerance but it works for me. Tramadol is a shitty drug for most people and if it doesn't help with pain then you should move on to a different alternative, consult your doctor.

This has so far only been mentioned once so I think is should be brought up again for emphasis...

Tranadolx like codeine, both must be metabolized before becoming effective, they both require the sane enzyme and some people don't have it.

My mom for one doesn't. It was discovered following an operation that she lacked the enzyme required to metabolize both drugs into their active metabolites.

So ill say it again, theres just as many people for whom codeine does not work that for whom tramadol wont either.

Unless you (the OP) knows for a fact that codeine DOES work for them, id strongly suspect this is the problem.

You may feel it does nothing because for you it really may actually do nothing. It's frustrating how many doctors dont know or acknowledge this. Or it is for poor metabolizers. Unlike my mom, I metabolize both just fine.

I've been prescribed Tramadol as a "step down" from hydrocodone, which was a step down from oxycodone, for my pain following surgery. I know I've developed a tolerance as my surgery was about 4 weeks ago, but I don't feel like the Tramadol is doing ANYTHING for my pain, and I am wary to take more than 100 mg at a time.

I was taking 4-6 5 mg hydro/apap a day for a week or so, then dropped it down to 2-3 with no problems (except increased pain).

So I guess my question is - does Tramadol actually do anything or does it depend on the person? I'm really not looking to get high (though not opposed either); I just want some pain relief! And of course my orthopedic doc has stopped prescribing anything stronger per their protocol. I am relatively large (230 lbs) and feel like nobody is listening to me. Perhaps I just need to suck it up, but wanted to see what other folks have to say....

Thanks!
yes it works

if you went from nsaid to tramadol

I would tell your doctor it's (tramadol) not working and ask for something stronger ,he may give you Tylenol w/codine still it's not very strong however it a lot better than Tramadol
what, tylenol and codeine stronger then tramadol?

did i already take the opce?

According to the equalanalgesic chart codeine and tramadol are actually the same in analgesic effect by weight.

Yes, my doctor RXed the Tramadol as 1 50 mg tab 3x daily. I told her how i was taking them and she was fine with that. She said to let her know if I wasn't getting sufficient pain relief and we could try a heavy dose of codiene instead, before moving me over to pain management.

So far, this seems to be working OK, except that the 100mg makes me buzzed and I don't particularly like the buzz. I have taken codeine many times before as a painkiller and find that in addition to being even more constipating than tram, it gets me higher than a kite, just a couple of steps behind the straight up stupid I get from hydrocodone, and nowhere near the falling all over myself I get from oxy

Tramadol works like a charm for me, but tolerance builds up quickly.
I need atleast 200 mg to relieve mild to moderate pain (right now I've got a toothache/earache, and didn't get a doctors appointment until monday, so I've been chewing between 200-300 mg for a few days now.

I'm pretty lightweight, though; 154 pounds and 6 feet tall.

The only disturbing thing is the auditory hallucinations at night - I get some on Subutex, but nowhere near as what I get on trams.
Last night, falling asleep, I heard a voice say my throat should be slit.
Once you get used to it, it's quite pleasurable, if you like mindfucks.

Sorry, I digress.