• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants does tolerance include shorter duration of the high?

Cdilly93

Bluelighter
So i pretty much fucked up my tolerance to adderall these past couple days, had 100mg last night and then 120mg today. i know tolerance includes needing more of the drug, but does it also in-tale not as long highs?? because i took 40mg ir orally 3 hours ago and i feel as if im completley sober and on top of that i snorted 20mg ir about an hour ago and just got a quick 10minute buzz.. i feel i can even fall asleep here soon :/

Eventually with stimulants your high baselines and, while you will still get effects when dosing, they will appear to fade very quickly. If you abuse stimulants on a long enough binge (i.e. for days on end) eventually you stop really getting high (or, at least, your high doesn't compare at all to the high you initially got at the beginning of the binge) and only prolong the wakefulness in order to prevent crashing...which is inevitable but some people try to put it off as long as possible, LOL

So, to answer your question simply, yes, re-dosing stimulants on a continuous basis will lead to diminishing returns as far as your high goes.

Eventually with stimulants your high baselines and, while you will still get effects when dosing, they will appear to fade very quickly. If you abuse stimulants on a long enough binge (i.e. for days on end) eventually you stop really getting high (or, at least, your high doesn't compare at all to the high you initially got at the beginning of the binge) and only prolong the wakefulness in order to prevent crashing...which is inevitable but some people try to put it off as long as possible, LOL

So, to answer your question simply, yes, re-dosing stimulants on a continuous basis will lead to diminishing returns as far as your high goes.
thank you for the answer! i loved adderall, not so much after these last two days, its really brang the wrost out of me. but side question, would 4 days off be enough enough time to somewhat lower my tolerance so just a 20mg IR would help me study? (for example, today, 30mg did barely anything unfortunately)

thank you for the answer! i loved adderall, not so much after these last two days, its really brang the wrost out of me. but side question, would 4 days off be enough enough time to somewhat lower my tolerance so just a 20mg IR would help me study? (for example, today, 30mg did barely anything unfortunately)

I would give it more time then that. Try a month or so if you can. It'll help a lot.