• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does this person know what they're talking about? (Reddit thread, kratom, 'ICP machine', metal toxicity in the results)

Engage

Bluelighter
There was a thread on Reddit where someone claimed to have run kratom (?) or their urine after taking kratom (?) through a machine, testing it for heavy metals and then they said the results showed toxic levels of this and that.

Here's the thread.

Here is a screenshot of what is claimed to be the results.

Here are two excerpts:

So we took some to work, digested the entire capsule, and ran it on his ICP machine to detect every heavy metal on the spectrum.
Selenium, chromium, and mercury are through the roof. Se and Cr came out to be roughly 2-3 ppm/g and Hg was 11 ppb/g.

Ignore the Hg result as this is not the official method for determining mercury, therefore this result is not valid. Again, when tested on the mercury analyzer using the appropriate method, we got a result of 11ppb/g. You can take it in good faith or leave it. I did not have to share this information in the first place, but I felt it my duty and moral obligation as a human to warn others and provide what information I could for the safety and health of other humans.

I dunno. I don't trust anyone online anymore. Except you all. *blush*

But seriously, does everything seem legit here? Just trying to get as much info so I can make up my own mind.

Am at the end of a taper but damn, it sucks. Will just switch to something without heavy metals and questionable sourcing if this turns out true.

Thanks for any insight. Have a pleasant rest of your week.

it depends on the brands man..working in a kratom headshop I can tell you our brand is 3rd party tested to have no pesticides or heavy metals or mold in it. other customers have came in complaining of having gotten sick from using kratom from other shops or online retailers. some companies dont care about quality control.

Not sure about heavy metals but what I can tell you is that kratom made my hair fall out. Like I lost half my hair over the course of a year.

11 parts per billion is hardly "through the roof" For mercury. And 3 micrograms Cr per gram is not exactly toxic levels either. FDA suggests up to 120mcg/day is OK.

Besides not all kratom is grown in the same soil so this is only representative of that one particular batch