• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Does this mean I have ULTRA Low serotonin?

ColoradoBoy90

Bluelighter
Okay, I always thought I have EXTREMELY LOW SEROTONIN. I had every sign of it. But NOW?

I take FIVE + Serotonin acting drugs, and have for months/years and never had serotonin syndrome.... Which BTW, what happens, do you have a seizure from too much serotonin? Is that why Tramadol causes seziures?

I take:
1.) Prozac, 20mg (sometimes just 10mg)
2.) Tramadol, 500mg daily.
3.) Trazadone, 50mg to 100mg nightly
4.) Remeron aka Mirtazapine, 15mg nightly

5.) Oxycodone, 40mg daily (I know it isn't as strong as the others on serotonin)
6.) Adderall, 5mg to 60mg. Depends on day.

AND THESE, but not daily:

--15mg to 30mg DXM (in hopes it helps Adderall or Oxy tolerance)
--5 HTP, 100mg

I also take 25mg promethazine and many other meds, but I don't think that affects serotonin.

From what I understand the 500mg of Tramadol alone can cause serotonin overload. So how am I able to take so many other strong serotonin acting agents? Does this show that my body must be truly low on serotonin?

Seizures are caused by abnormal excitation in the brain. Serotonin Syndrome is capable of causing seizures i think this is due to serotonin's excitatory functions in the brain.

Have you been taking these medications for years with constantly increasing dosages?? It could be that through constant use there has been down-regulation of the receptors.

Did you suffer any other low serotonin problems like chronic gastointestinal problems before being on medication??

imo, dont mix oral thc or , some stuff seizure codeiny..honestly you are prob fine if been for yrs. plz b safe

You are on a cocktail of drugs that could very easily kill most people or at least send them to hospital. I would discuss switching your meds and maybe trying to find a couple that can control your symptoms.

What symptoms are you trying to control with these meds?

500mg daily is a very high dose of tramadol to be taking; from that alone you're likely already looking at potential opiate addiction, and that's not even taking the 40mg of oxy into account.

Before anyone can offer you much useful advice, you really need to address the glaring question as to how and why you've ended up taking 3 antidepressants, 2 opioids, AND Adderall all at the same time. What is your diagnosis, and what was the goal and thinking behind prescribing each of these?

Also, Adderall and tramadol have activating effects, while Remeron and trazodone are hypnotics; do you find that you use one set to offset or cancel out the effects of the other?

Last edited: