• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Does the Australian Drug Discussion need a name change?

Should the Australian Drug Discussion have a name change?

• Total voters
the name doesn't need to be changed. but asia needs its own forum though.

2c

since australia/NZ are islands.... drug use/price /quality here/there is certainly different compared to asia. also, you cannot ignore the fact that most of the traffic to this forum is australian.

i can understand the mindset of some Kiwis of feeling left out.

perhaps a name change to the australian and new zealand drug discussion?

I never even thought about changing the name, wow, what a great idea! Hats off to who ever came up with that one!

Looks like it's probably not going to get a name change anyways by the way the poll is looking... I really think it should though so that other regions know where to post their questions and so that they don't feel excluded from the whole site seeing as though they would not have anywhere to post.

Also let's be serious guy like one of the Admins stated, THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER FORUM MADE FOR THE OTHER REGIONS! It's just to much work to be done and who will moderate it hmmm?

Fuck no! This is an Australian forum damnit! Maybe they should make an asian forum instead of adding shit on to the name of our beloved forum. This one's for the Aussies (Kiwi's too, I suppose, You guys are a close enough neighbour but still gotta live with the Aussie label on the forum :p). Seriously though, why change it now because of a few confused Greenlighters?

Fuck no! This is an Australian forum damnit! Maybe they should make an asian forum instead of adding shit on to the name of our beloved forum. This one's for the Aussies (Kiwi's too, I suppose, You guys are a close enough neighbour but still gotta live with the Aussie label on the forum :p). Seriously though, why change it now because of a few confused Greenlighters?

Ummm pretty sure this is the Australian & Asian Drug Discussion Forum at the moment it just isn't in the name. Correct me if I'm wrong though and I mean correction from a Mod not just a member because I know this has been argued out in the past and am 90% sure it is the Australian and Asian Drug Discussion...

Sounds great, but then im not too bothered either way! this forum rules all other forums on bluelight!!!

Im always reading whats up in Australia regarding drugs, politics and HR (born in melbourne moved to nz after college and when I go back to visit family is always good to know what the good pills are lol). The best resource is right here :)

If there was a nz forum would only have me and probably 2 - 3 others + randoms posting on it haha..

I haven't read the original thread yet but are there any stats to indicate current geographical significance in regards to posting? ie what percentage of posts originate from what regions?

I'm in two minds about a change so will sit on it for a bit before deciding.

Phase you know your a fence sitter so just hit the fence sitter button lol...

You have come up with a good point though about the geographical percentages, maybe if we asked one of the mods to open up a thread having, 'everyone must vote' as the title and then having the areas people are from then we could work out the percentage of where everyone is from and what area has the most traffic.... Just a thought though!

If there was a nz forum would only have me and probably 2 - 3 others + randoms posting on it haha..

I made the joke that there were only about 9 people in NZ... looks like I wasn't far off. =D

I'm leaning towards changing the forum name here and Social/Events to Australasian. It's only two more letters and it does more accurately represent the demographics of the forum. Also, it's not like harm reduction is non-existent in NZ, given their current and past drug policy issues and the work of people like Matt at Stargate. All of which has been discussed in this forum before.

Just because a forum has a majority doesnt mean it should be named after that majority. European and african discussion is mostly UK posters, yet it still has that name. Same goes for every other regional forum, infact this one is the ONLY one to be named just after the majority users country.

I guess a further question that needs to be asked is how are other 'minorities' going to be recognised if the naming convention is changed to recognise those from across the Tasman. If the naming is to accurately represent the demographics of the forum then we should also be including Asia as well. I’m assuming there are more members from Asia who regularly utilise the sub forum than there are from New Zealand, so, ‘What’s good for the goose’.

It's my belief that the current naming convention of Australian Drug Discussion, with the endnote 'Drug discussion for Australia, New Zealand and Asia', is adequate in describing the sub forum. If, however, it's deemed necessary to change the name to appease those who object to the current naming convention then I think it should be along the lines of:

Bluelight > Australasia and Asia > Australian Drug Discussion with the endnote of 'Drug discussion for Australia, New Zealand and Asia'.

This naming convention will ensure we don't face the same problems when other 'minority' users – namely from Asia - request a name change because it doesn't accurately reflect their participation in the forum. If the precedence is set in this instance then other users have every right and expectation to request and receive the same because of previously proposed change.

Food for thought. :)

This naming convention will ensure we don't face the same problems when other 'minority' users – namely from Asia - request a name change because it doesn't accurately reflect their participation in the forum. If the precedence is set in this instance then other users have every right and expectation to request and receive the same because of previously proposed change.

They'll have every right to request but if Asian and Middle Eastern participation in the Drug and Social/Events forums for this region remain as they are, there's no reason why that request should be entertained.

The only way to get a clearer picture on participation is to get numbers on where people are posting from. Unfortunately there is no way to do that easily (I'm happy to be corrected on that). Given how much we value the privacy of people posting on BL, we can't go mining IP addresses or anything like that.

I made the joke that there were only about 9 people in NZ... looks like I wasn't far off. =D

I'm leaning towards changing the forum name here and Social/Events to Australasian. It's only two more letters and it does more accurately represent the demographics of the forum. Also, it's not like harm reduction is non-existent in NZ, given their current and past drug policy issues and the work of people like Matt at Stargate. All of which has been discussed in this forum before.

I only said that because kiwis have a mentality to stfu about anything drug wise, or keep their mouths shut. Thats why ive been open as I have been since ive joined, otherwise no-one would know any better and only go by media and 'theories'. The scene here is mostly all closed circles. So I always cringe when someone says nz is just bzp and blah blah... I mean there probably are more kiwi lurkers than members here...

what ive found about Aus + NZ regarding drugs

*heroin - now I understand why sometimes there is very good quality smack that you only need to dissolve in water or lightly heated, maybe origins from Aus or destination to Aus from another country??
*mdma - a good amount of pills posted on this forum and pillreports have shown up here on the street within a month or less.
*piperazines - a majority of the pills here end up other there within a month or less.
*lsd - a majority of tabs we end up with as well.
*cocaine - we trade that for ice/meth because it is a nation of crackheads lol and ice sells, coke doesnt.

Looks like things move in cycles... Once upon a time we were known as Australia, Asia, NZ & Middle East Drug Discussion, kind of a catch-all for the 'rest of the world' outside EU/Africa and USA. Then slowly over the years the name distilled down to just Australian Drug Discussion.

BT :)