• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does tapering actually work?? Sorry if dumb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

annamaria92

Greenlighter
What does tapering do? Im assuming that tapering reverses dependence, every week your body's dependence is lowering as your intake is lowering, but does this actually work? What Im asking is, have any of you tapered instead of quitting opiates cold turkey? Does tapering actually work like this?

I am on week 3 now of my 10mg perweek taper from 80mg Oxycodone to 0 I want to accomplish 0mg by end of week 8. Week 1 was 70mg, week 2 was 60mg,not I am on 50mg per day, 25mg at wake and 25mg at bed time. No I am not a pain patient this was the result of abusing miscellaneous pain pills that ended eventually at OC, my current source has 5mg percocets. I feel awful but I know its ok because this little bit ofpain should be dueto the above theory correct? My body is slowly readjusting week by week to not expecting this drug anymore, therefore the end result should be worth it?

I guess this is my main concern: Does tapering actually help adjust my body/brain to not needing the drug significantly enough to where at the end of Week 8 of a taper you should be experiencing milder withdrawal than not tapering. I amwilling to suffer for 8 weeks if the end my withdrawals will be mild like this. Hope someone can understand this question I am writing at work so I had to rush.

Thanks!

Yes tapering works. Not only will you endure less severe wd symptoms, but sticking to a taper regiment will also help you gain a psychological edge.

Yes tapering works. Not only will you endure less severe wd symptoms, but sticking to a taper regiment will also help you gain a psychological edge.

This

There are enough threads about tapering, so please use the search engine.
Good luck!
Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.