• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does SWIM get tolerance with this dosage of Oxycodone? (+benzos!)

Jireat

Greenlighter
Will I get tolerance with this dosage of Oxycodone? (+benzos!)

I like to take oxycodone in the evening every once in a while.

I do this every 4-5 days or so

I dose 20-40mg each time

I'm unable to evaluate whether the effects have lessened or not (the circumstances when I take them vary so much, mainly due to tiredness)

How often can I take oxycodone in order to have near-to-0 tolerance?

P.s. when the oxycodone is wearing off towards the night, I like to take 0.5-1.0mg of Clonazepam if I'm not already feeling tired and weary. Does this affect the development of tolerance?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm unable to answer your question, but using SWIM is against the rules here. Probably if you "edit" that you will get more response than now.

knockout

For me to get consistent results I could only do it every 2-3 weeks.

with that dosing schedule you will without a doubt grow a tolerance to oxycodone. I would say less than once a week use would not increase your tolerance by much. There is no way to stop tolerance growth if you want to take opioids with any amount of frequency. if you have the will power to cut your use to 1nce a week or 1nce every two weeks then do it, if you don't the euphoria will definitely diminish.

I've just started to take oxy frequently, I take about 20-30mg once a day for 1 1/2 weeks once every month. I definitely notice that my tolerance was higher than it was a few months ago.

Yes you will get tolerance, and probably become addicted to oxycodone if you take oxy that often or in doses like that which are only going to go up if you continue to do this.

When I fucked with opiates-which I haven't used any of in over a decade-I would take them only 1-2 times a month, if that, in low doses of only 5mg or 10mg at the most for oxy. Be careful, and stay safe.

Last edited:
I would say too late. You need to stop using them or you will end up like so many of us.

IMO a lot of us folks can look at that dosing schedule and think back to when it was us justifying using more and still trying to hold onto the magic.

Years and years later I am finally clean, but it has been one walk through the seven circles of hell to get here.

My advice is at this stage just stop while you can (while withdrawal will just be "wanting" instead of "needing")