• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Does suboxone block a Ecstasy High?

Suboxone may blunt an mdma high as opiods tend to make the roll less emphatogenic and overall more calmer, but it is not competing for serotonin receptors or antagonising them. If you are on stable buprenorphine dose than you should get fine results from mdma. Be safe and enjoy :)

I would somewhat argue against what people have said. For some reason when I took MDMA on suboxone the effects were drastically different than not being on it.

Ive seen the occasional mention of the same the thing with taking mdma while on methadone maintenance. I'm not sure why this happens to some people.

Well, methadone is exerting effects on serotonin system, so I would imagine that there would be more interactions between methadone and mdma than buprenorphine and mdma.
Regarding experience being different when combining buprenorphine and mdma, it surely is different than if only mdma is taken. Another important thing is the difference between person being on a stable buprenorphine dose vs person being high on buprenorphine, while taking mdma. Every opioid will take away from mdma experience the clarity, intense, empathic side...as opioids are sedatives/narcotics in nature and are also competing for dopamine. But the question was will buprenorphine "block" mdma and, although it will make the experience duller and different it will not block it entirely. If one has tolerance for buprenorphine than taking mdma will give him different but still pleasant experience. Again, it will not be the same as it would be without one being on buprenorphine but ther will be great reduction of anxiety, depression will be lifted, feeling of warmth in the body, feeling that all is good... In the end it is all individual, but that was it like for me.

Take care!

Does suboxone block a Ecstasy High?
No i actually liked the combo but i did mda with suboxone before and aftee the mda.

Was really noddy and rolling. Visuals were intense from the mda. But i would do it again

I would somewhat argue against what people have said. For some reason when I took MDMA on suboxone the effects were drastically different than not being on it.
Iv had similar experience with psychs and opiates, unless I’m taking a insanely heroic dose