• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants does strattera effect you the same way adderall does?

livinginahaze

Bluelighter
i know that strattera isn't an amphetamine but does it feel like one? i was told that i was buying adderall and the capsules are both blue so i didn't notice at first that it wasn't real adderall so i looked the pills up and its strattera. does it feel like an upper since its an adhd medication too or did i get ripped off?

No Strattera is not a stimulant, it is a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor which does nothing for ya. I was prescribed it once, made me feel really sick, dizzy and I had this awful acid stomach. I had to belch constantly and it tasted so acidy and my stomach just hurt so bad. I will never take it again, it was one of the worst experiences ive had. And I only took 10mg IIRC. or maybe it was 30

Edit:
you got ripped off. It's nothing like an amphetamine.
Beat me to it by a minute. But ya nothing at all like one.

fuck so should i even bother keeping them or would i be better off just tossing them?

A pure noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor tends to increase focus and energy (but also anxiety), but it isn't really a pleasant stimulation without some dopamine thrown in the mix ("true" stimulants are either Noradrenaline-Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitors (like Ritalin/Concerta/Focalin) or Noradrenaline-Dopamine Releasing Agents (like Amphetamine/Adderall/Vyvanse)).

So yeah, you might as well throw them away.

strattera is fucking evil.

I wanted to get off Ritalin due to not wanting to die of a heart attack....(I have really bad social anxiety disorder, I always think I'm going to have a heart attack.)

And my doctor RX'd me with Strattera. First thing: I kept puking. I couldn't keep water down. I finally got another doctor to give me anti naseua pills. And they worked, and thought I was home free and my body would get used to it and not throw up anymore.... WELL, then I got a urinary tract infection. I was seriously bleeding when I peed. I had to go to the ER. (No big deal right? girls get those sometimes.) Got some antibiotics and it went away. Went back on Stratera, and a week later another fucking UTI. It was THE most painful one I've ever had, and the hardest to get rid of, it just kept coming back.

I don't like to puke.
I don't like to cry when I piss.

I'd rather have a heart attack dude.

I ended up googling Strattera and Urinary tract infections, and I'm not the only person that crazy shit happened to.
It's just "rare." From now on, if something makes me puke every time i take it.....I'm not fucking taking it. But it was helpful for a couple weeks???? WAS not worth the pain, at all.

I'd flush it, and accept my losses.
(and/or freak out on the d-bag who scammed me)

You could also reuse the capsules it comes in like I did. Just flush the contents and refill with whatever. But don't take them whatever you do, they SUCK and seems like everyone has had a bad experience who has tried it.