• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Does speed/amphetamine differ greatly from Adderall/dexamphetamine?

Meth is more euphoric, but other than the fact that meth crosses into the brain quicker which makes it give you more euphoria, the two substances are exactly the same, meth converts/metabolizes right back into D-amphetamine after it crosses the BBB, amphetamine has a maximum amount that can cross at a time the methyl component is what makes meth 'better' in all aspects meth is more or less better because you can get the same effects of amphetamine using much less of a dose.

Why isn't it more commonly prescribed for ADHD than regular d-amphetamine, that being the case?

Can you comment on quality of "street" based amphetamine vs methamphetamine, in regards to previous comments of low purity d-amphetamine?
Basically, methamphetamine is of higher quality than regular "speed"/amphetamine?

Why isn't it more commonly prescribed for ADHD than regular d-amphetamine, that being the case?

Can you comment on quality of "street" based amphetamine vs methamphetamine, in regards to previous comments of low purity d-amphetamine?
Basically, methamphetamine is of higher quality than regular "speed"/amphetamine?
I'm not an expert in the area, but mostly I've heard (reliable source totally) of most "speed" in Australia being basically leftovers of methamphetamine synthesis, rather than actual amphetamine; people just preferring lower quality meth becuase at a similar weight, it hits harder than regular amphetamine/d-amp. Meth quality was still averaging... pretty badly last time I checked the stats, but I think it's more than a lower quality methamphetamine will still have a stronger effect than a higher purity amphetamine.

Well, I don't know about that, but I suppose - theoretically its core constituent is the same, right? (or wrong?)

I mean, from a well reviewed source, per se - the likelihood of higher purity increases I would assume?
Avoiding the billy-bad-ass street vendors.
Do you know how someone could get meth out of there system in 72 hours or less

How would one get meth out of there system in 72 hours

Ive had both. Adderall feels like a crisp solid buzz of energy. Very nice but not overwhelming. Meth feels like that times 10 to me. Way more euphoric and the buzz of energy feels like full on adrenaline. Lasts way longer as well. The only thing is you are guaranteed the quality and same recipe for Adderall every time you buy. Unfortunately not the same can be said for meth.

So what kind of speed is the UK as I had a point three bomb and fucke Mr up funnooe people take spoonfuls

Speed in the UK is utter shite mate.

I am honestly surprised more people don't have dexamphetamine scripts here though. According to the NHS there is only 50,000 dex scripts in the whole of the UK. Compare to oxycodone for example, which is generally a difficult drug to get off the NHS, there are 1.5 million scripts for that.

So dex is a very rare drug and demands high prices, but it's so fucking easy to blag a script off a private doctor then get that put on the NHS I don't know why more people ain't doing it considering the UK is a bunch of stimheads and our speed is so bashed. Maybe it's just because we're more about coke than speed these days. Dexxies and speed used to be huge in UK in the 80's and 90's as I understand it. But now it's just coke coke coke as far as straight stims go.

Still a huge demand for dex off the right people though, I've been offered crazy money just for a single strip of Amfexa. Three figures for 10 pills. It's more pricey than oxy!

To answer the OP, I can definitely say that dexamphetamine feels much cleaner than regular 50/50 dex/levo amphetamine especially the street stuff cut so heavily with caffeine.

Speed in the UK is utter shite mate.

I am honestly surprised more people don't have dexamphetamine scripts here though. According to the NHS there is only 50,000 dex scripts in the whole of the UK. Compare to oxycodone for example, which is generally a difficult drug to get off the NHS, there are 1.5 million scripts for that.

So dex is a very rare drug and demands high prices, but it's so fucking easy to blag a script off a private doctor then get that put on the NHS I don't know why more people ain't doing it considering the UK is a bunch of stimheads and our speed is so bashed. Maybe it's just because we're more about coke than speed these days. Dexxies and speed used to be huge in UK in the 80's and 90's as I understand it. But now it's just coke coke coke as far as straight stims go.

Still a huge demand for dex off the right people though, I've been offered crazy money just for a single strip of Amfexa. Three figures for 10 pills. It's more pricey than oxy!

To answer the OP, I can definitely say that dexamphetamine feels much cleaner than regular 50/50 dex/levo amphetamine especially the street stuff cut so heavily with caffeine.
Spot on, only variaation is that being in Australia, they're Schedule 8 which is basically psychiatrist-only scripted. Much cleaner feeling than random speed, and better in every way I've found, except for times, my "speed" also included a good proportion of methylamphetamine. Over here, 5mg dextroamohetamine will sell for [price removed] per 5mg tablet, while a scripted bottle of 100 will cost [price removed] for the full hundred, depending on what the indication for prescription is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spot on, only variaation is that being in Australia, they're Schedule 8 which is basically psychiatrist-only scripted. Much cleaner feeling than random speed, and better in every way I've found, except for times, my "speed" also included a good proportion of methylamphetamine. Over here, 5mg dextroamohetamine will sell for [price removed] per 5mg tablet, while a scripted bottle of 100 will cost [price removed] for the full hundred, depending on what the indication for prescription is.

Sorry mate had to remove the specific prices as per forum rules, no price discussion allowed. You can speak vaguely about things being expensive or cheap but not name specific prices.

But yeah scripts are much much cheaper than the mad street value. Once I got mine on the NHS I pay a set prescription charge for any medication of any dose or quantity, so it's less than tenner for a few hundred pills.

Much nicer drug than dirty street speed, very happy to have it.

Sorry mate had to remove the specific prices as per forum rules, no price discussion allowed. You can speak vaguely about things being expensive or cheap but not name specific prices.
Sorry mate, wasn't aware of that one, will keep it in mind. Writing in three places with 3 very different rulesets, I think I've screwed up once or twice but will learn from this. All good, and probably for the best, that rule, it's not very BL now I think f it

Sorry mate, wasn't aware of that one, will keep it in mind. Writing in three places with 3 very different rulesets, I think I've screwed up once or twice but will learn from this. All good, and probably for the best, that rule, it's not very BL now I think f it

All good mate you're not in trouble or anything just letting you know. It is confusing because it differs by forum even within BL, for example in EADD price discussion is allowed. Easy mistake to make.

For me Methylphenidate and Ethylphenidate affect me the same way as Meth, except they are another level up in the euphoria stakes. If I could get Ethylphenidate instead of Meth I would every single time :)
I agree with you. I get coke like euphoria and amphetamine like focus just from sniffing a 10mg and it lasts for 1.5 hours

Meth is more euphoric, but other than the fact that meth crosses into the brain quicker which makes it give you more euphoria, the two substances are exactly the same, meth converts/metabolizes right back into D-amphetamine after it crosses the BBB, amphetamine has a maximum amount that can cross at a time the methyl component is what makes meth 'better' in all aspects meth is more or less better because you can get the same effects of amphetamine using much less of a dose.
Meth and Amphetamine are not alike, at least that is what I am told.

Not only if you go by the hear and tell route. Some of the older then old people I know got a chance to try it, one raved about it the other called it the devil's drug. This was when dl-Amphetamine was OTC or at least very easy to get. I am old but not old enough to have experienced the period when thing's like upper's and downer's were OTC. That's why i mention it as meth was unheard of untill the Darknet appeared.

But let's just say I was under the assumption the methyl had an effect on the pharmacology. Not only on the pharmakinetics.

More Serotonin release, and a more balanced Dopamine/ Noradrelanine ratio. But can't find anything conclusive.

Dexies for me were a smooth high intense concentration not like a tweaking concentration I could focus my motivation on day to day tasks better , Amphetamine on the other hand is like thinking of a thousand things at a time and wanting to do all of them at once completely WIRED

Dexies for me were a smooth high intense concentration not like a tweaking concentration I could focus my motivation on day to day tasks better , Amphetamine on the other hand is like thinking of a thousand things at a time and wanting to do all of them at once completely WIRED
you describe the difference in the best way ^^ i think addy is the best form of an amphetamine with racemic component because being too stimmed is kinda uncomfortable, whereas, stimmed but not completely tweaked is nice, i don't know how much addy i've taken today but i'm also not going to count them because i'll probably be alittle irritated

time for an amphetamine break for a week or two soon, i can' wait to not have enough energy to get out of bed oh fun fun

you describe the difference in the best way ^^ i think addy is the best form of an amphetamine with racemic component because being too stimmed is kinda uncomfortable, whereas, stimmed but not completely tweaked is nice, i don't know how much addy i've taken today but i'm also not going to count them because i'll probably be alittle irritated

time for an amphetamine break for a week or two soon, i can' wait to not have enough energy to get out of bed oh fun fun
Cheers Zonx you summed up my life motivation haha

enjoy the rest ill be having a break soon also 👍

I can only guess that's the levoamphetamine part that dex lacks, maybe explains which straight dexamphetamine tablets never did it for me, too smooth perhaps