• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Does speed/amphetamine differ greatly from Adderall/dexamphetamine?

I remember spending like a grand on dex pills so I could eat about 100mg 3 times and comparing it to the super high quality (SSB) street amps I was getting (on an empty stomach) and there was almost no difference. The dexamphetamine tablets seemed to absorb quicker and come down quicker (which can obviously affect anxiety) .. but I guess that makes sense as it probably wasn't full of other amphetamine like crap (who knows what nasty RC you're getting in street speed) but there really wasn't much in it. It was only like half an hours difference and set and setting could make that difference let alone the contents of your stomach.

So the answer is ... no ... and I tried!

Pyrazolam stands out among benzodiazepinen. It is usefull not impairing and unique. Very unlike the whole fam.

S4/ S9, no clue on that is that a schedule for what 'benzo' for what purpose. And although there are addition's to the pharmacology bible. If Pyrazolam becomes a med it will most prob after I left this planet in living form.

Don't get your hopes up, keep em low. But it was a very good invention ime.
Yeah, I really agree, having had it myself, it's everything alprazolam should have been, Then why it was jacked up from S4 to S9 over past years, I don't know, at worst it should be considered an S4 analogue. Hopes are low, I am trying to get it legally looked at again, but yeah, hopes are low, but as an invention, it's a sadly good one that has now just been called an "RC" and that just scares legislators.

Dunno if anyone has info on this question, but then why does meth consistently ruin lives and tear apart families/futures if it feels the same as adderall? Why aren't people ruining their lives in the same way consuming ridiculous amounts of speed pills if they're so similar and deteriorating their bodies? I keep seeing people comparing adderall to meth as if there aren't differences to me, but doesn't logically add up imo. People's teeth literally fall out, they stay up for 10 days straight... seems like adderall is child's play considered to it then (unless it's due to the toxic ingredients meth is mixed with). Crystal is more euphoric and stronger yeah, but then why not just take 1000's of milligrams of addy to make up for it? Curious not trying to do that lol.

Last edited:
Dunno if anyone has info on this question, but then why does meth consistently ruin lives and tear apart families/futures if it feels the same as adderall? Why aren't people ruining their lives in the same way consuming ridiculous amounts of speed pills if they're so similar and deteriorating their bodies? I keep seeing people comparing adderall to meth as if there aren't differences to me, but doesn't logically add up imo. People's teeth literally fall out, they stay up for 10 days straight... seems like adderall is child's play considered to it then (unless it's due to the toxic ingredients meth is mixed with). Crystal is more euphoric and stronger yeah, but then why not just take 1000's of milligrams of addy to make up for it? Curious not trying to do that lol.

This is more about usage patterns than the substances themselves.

Most people who get given morphine in hospital do not become junkies even though they're usually given it by IV. But yet people who seek out heroin or oxy on the streets have a higher chance of becoming addicted even if they do not IV.

Opiates are opiates, pharma grade diamorphine (heroin) is even still used in UK hospitals to this day and the vast majority of people getting it don't go on to become junkies either, but the circumstances surrounding the use have a notable psychological effect.

Most people getting Adderall are teenagers with a set amount each month. If they used their Adderall script the same way a meth addict doses his gear they'd end up with the same problems, but they'd also run out of pills very fast, and the black market value for them is high so maintaining a habit like that when your script runs out is rarely feasible especially for someone young.

The ROA is also usually different and this has an effect too. Adderall is usually taken orally, sometimes sniffed. Meth is often smoked or IV'd which makes it feel very strong.

And then there are some differences with the drugs themselves of course - meth is more potent, longer lasting, and neurotoxic compared to regular amphetamine.

To be honest though, if pharma grade meth (Desoxyn) was more commonly used, assuming it's therapeutic doses we're talking about, I can't really see it doing more damage than Adderall XR. The primary issue comes from the way drugs like meth are perceived psychologically and abused.

I also think it's important to note that stimulant addiction in general is mostly psychological. Stims are not like downers (opiates, benzos, alcohol) which tend to have severe withdrawals. It's mostly compulsive use and a psychological urge alone that drives addiction to stims, rarely is there an element of true physical dependence. This is what makes pharma amphetamine relatively safe compared to using, say, oxy daily. It's easy to just not take your Adderall for a week to give yourself a tolerance break, you don't even really need to taper. Not so much with a daily opiate script - you will get withdrawals just like anyone else dependent on opiates.

Personally I have an amphetamine script and I can very easily abstain from taking it for a while and all that happens is I stop blabbering so much and my ADHD symptoms come back.

I think it's price. 5mg dexamphetamine here sells for $X, but the amount needed for a meth-lke feeling, will cost a hell of a lot more.

Also, 200 posts, OK I feel a tingle.

This is more about usage patterns than the substances themselves.

Most people who get given morphine in hospital do not become junkies even though they're usually given it by IV. But yet people who seek out heroin or oxy on the streets have a higher chance of becoming addicted even if they do not IV.

Opiates are opiates, pharma grade diamorphine (heroin) is even still used in UK hospitals to this day and the vast majority of people getting it don't go on to become junkies either, but the circumstances surrounding the use have a notable psychological effect.

Most people getting Adderall are teenagers with a set amount each month. If they used their Adderall script the same way a meth addict doses his gear they'd end up with the same problems, but they'd also run out of pills very fast, and the black market value for them is high so maintaining a habit like that when your script runs out is rarely feasible especially for someone young.

The ROA is also usually different and this has an effect too. Adderall is usually taken orally, sometimes sniffed. Meth is often smoked or IV'd which makes it feel very strong.

And then there are some differences with the drugs themselves of course - meth is more potent, longer lasting, and neurotoxic compared to regular amphetamine.

To be honest though, if pharma grade meth (Desoxyn) was more commonly used, assuming it's therapeutic doses we're talking about, I can't really see it doing more damage than Adderall XR. The primary issue comes from the way drugs like meth are perceived psychologically and abused.

I also think it's important to note that stimulant addiction in general is mostly psychological. Stims are not like downers (opiates, benzos, alcohol) which tend to have severe withdrawals. It's mostly compulsive use and a psychological urge alone that drives addiction to stims, rarely is there an element of true physical dependence. This is what makes pharma amphetamine relatively safe compared to using, say, oxy daily. It's easy to just not take your Adderall for a week to give yourself a tolerance break, you don't even really need to taper. Not so much with a daily opiate script - you will get withdrawals just like anyone else dependent on opiates.

Personally I have an amphetamine script and I can very easily abstain from taking it for a while and all that happens is I stop blabbering so much and my ADHD symptoms come back.

Okay, thanks. I appreciate it! I see how it would be impossible to replace a meth habit with adderall since you'd be spending a fortune on street adderall and you'd never be able to buy enough to satisfy the sensation that meth gives.

Why does Europe have such poor quality speed? I am a frequent purchaser of MDMA which tests absolutely fine and is generally clean...why is amphetamine so poor?
Goes around 46%, at the source, and then it get's lesser and lesser further from it. Probably.

Always thought it was just 100% pure. But that seem's quite impossible after some research.

I remember spending like a grand on dex pills so I could eat about 100mg 3 times and comparing it to the super high quality (SSB) street amps I was getting (on an empty stomach) and there was almost no difference. The dexamphetamine tablets seemed to absorb quicker and come down quicker (which can obviously affect anxiety) .. but I guess that makes sense as it probably wasn't full of other amphetamine like crap (who knows what nasty RC you're getting in street speed) but there really wasn't much in it. It was only like half an hours difference and set and setting could make that difference let alone the contents of your stomach.

So the answer is ... no ... and I tried!
thats because dextroamphetamine doesn't last as long as Levoamphetamine

dextroamphetamine is a more potent CNS stimulant than levoamphetamine, but levoamphetamine has slightly stronger cardiovascular and peripheral effects and a longer elimination half-life (i.e., it remains in the body longer) than dextroamphetamine.