• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Does PCP act in a similar manner to DXM with serotonin?

Binding_Affinity

Bluelighter
Hi bluelight,

As the title suggests, I'm wondering if PCP (or more specifically, 3-meo-pcp) has a similar mechanism of action regarding serotonin receptors. I'm curious because I'm considering possibly taking a nice low dose of 3-meo-pcp on the first night of a new years festival (not my first time taking it in a concert setting so I'm aware of what to expect and my sweet spot for dosing). The only thing holding me back from mentally finalizing this on my "drug schedule" is the fact that I'm candyflipping the second night on new years eve. I'm aware that you should give yourself a good week or so after taking DXM before taking MDMA due to the risk of SS but I haven't been able to find anything on pcp and serotonin. I've looked for threads of people possibly attempting this dosing pattern but couldn't find anything, making me pretty unsure of what to do. The one study I found that was remotely relevant to my search simply stated that it had an affinity for 5ht receptors but nothing more specific than that. I also am aware that pcp appears to be more fat soluble than water soluble, leading to its prolonged presence in the body. So my question for you all is are there any studies that you're aware of that may suggest how safe/unsafe dosing mdma the day after pcp would be based on how much of an affect pcp has on serotonin levels?

If this doesn't seem like a healthy choice (of course, going sober would be the optimal but that's not the question here), I have a couple other less favorable options. Thanks for reading!

3-meo-pcp, although it's the 3-methoxy of PCP, is much different. Think amphetamine vs mdma. Not in terms of the effects but how a slight modification can result in a vastly different effects profile. Now, in regards to the second question, noone can really tell you that. While I don't think PCP or 3meopcp are serotonin releasers, it'd still be foolish to take them a day after another. Can you get away with it, sure. Is it liable to potentiated any psychological side effects or long term effects (especially the PCP) have? Definitely. So, will it kill you or cause a great distress to your health? Probbably not barring any unforeseen conditions you may unknowingly have such as hypertension or nutritional deficiencies or dependence on other drugs. Will it potentially harm you psychologically or in the long term physically if you make it a habit? Unequivocally yes.

Not to mention, serotonin is only a part of the picture. With DXM, the DXM is a strong SSRI and it's main metabolite, DXO, is what has the dissociative (NMDA antagonist) effects. So while it's not likely to cause serotonin syndrome (which is extremely rare in and of itself already), we can't really tell you what it potentially will cause to occur, because not only is 3meopcp very infrequently mentioned in research and there's very little known about it's actual effects, but the combination of 3meopcp+mdma is not known at all in the literature, perhaps barring some report of hospitalizations after overdose with these two chemicals found in the blood.

In conclusion, I probably wouldn't mess with this combo, even on subsequent days. What other combos do you have in mind?

I'm definitely familiar with how varied the effects can be with analogs. I mentioned pcp on its own because while they aren't the same, I would assume there's more literature on that than 3-meo since it's an RC. I didn't mean I plan to take pcp and 3-meo two days in a row, just the first day then mdma the second. I'm not a fan of taking things this strong on your mind two days in a row for economical reasons and like you said, psychological effects can be compounded with longer recovery periods. Thanks for all the advice. Figured I'd ask in case anyone knew of any studies that were more informative than what I found.

I have two others in mind, either some alcohol and weed or 60mg of dextromethamp. Alcohol is more expensive than the alternatives and I have a pretty low tolerance to weed but it doesn't last hours like I'd prefer. I have pharmaceutical grade meth so I'm not worried about purity. With this, it's more about depleting my happy chemicals and not being able to get a good night of sleep before the candyflip. I have kratom to help but I'd prefer to fall asleep more naturally if possible. Cocaine may also be another possibility but I'm still on the fence with that one since I haven't tried that before.

I mean... a typical dose of 3-MeO PCP is what, 10 mg? Compare that to people doing several hundred mg's of DXM to achieve a third plateau experience. 3-MeO-PCP would have to interact pretty strongly with your serotonin transporters to give you serotonin syndrome. Usually, people on SSRI's actually seem to experience *diminished* effects from MDMA; it's usually the MAOI's that are problematic with MDMA, which I don't think 3-MeO-PCP is.

That said... do not be entirely careless. PCP and its substituted analogs are obviously not to be underestimated, being notorious for inducing lost-lasting manic behavior; and with today's "ecstasy" presses often containing upwards of 200 mg of MDMA, I'm not sure if you want to experience the emotional dysregulation of a hard MDMA comedown while still experiencing a significant "afterglow" from your 3-MeO-PCP.

That's true, doses are much lower than those required for DXM. I believe DXM is particularly dangerous before or with MDMA because it's a NSRI. The 3-meo doesn't appear to be either and I think the low doses make it a viable option still.

That's a good point you bring up about the mania and afterglow effects. Around the doses that I've taken, I don't feel I have triggered uncontrollable mania. As for the afterglow, I haven't had it last more than 12-24 hours after dosing but I'd presumably be starting my second night's drugs around the end of that so it could make for a wonky, unpredictable comeup. I guess I should try out the 3-meo a couple more times, if possible, to get a better feel for how the afterglow might be when coming up. From what I gather, it seems 3-meo has the highest chance of the different choices I have to cause mental instability across both nights with meth being a second from sleep deprivation. Physically, I'm inclined to say the alcohol + weed combo would be the hardest on my body so I guess I still have some thinking to do.

An update for anyone else thinking about this combo. I took around 40-50mg of 3-MeO-PCP last week on Friday. Had a great time. I tripped acid with my brother and cousins on Saturday. I had a little freakout that didn't pass till the peak started to subside. There were a couple of factors that I think contributed but the manic afterglow from the 3-MeO definitely had something to do with it, as my headspace coming up on acid just didn't feel right. Ironically, I snorted a bit more around hour 6 or 7 of the trip and it was oddly calming and spacey, kind of like acid and DXM. Needless to say, I won't be having this the first night of the festival haha.