• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Does MSM dissipate slower than ice?

Willm121

Bluelighter
I got high last night and it was stimulating. But as the day does on I’m just getting tired. I am hitting the pipe and seems to get more and more cut as I hit it. I haven’t been putting more in because there is still product in the pipe. Does MSM stick around the pipe longer than the ice itself?

Dimethyl sulfone (aka methylsulfonylmethane, MSM) is a volatile solid, it melts at 108C, and boils at 238 °C.
Soluble in water, ethanol, benzene, methanol and acetone, slightly soluble in ether and chloroform. There is also a note: "stink". Presumably it means just that.

Methamphetamine hydrochloride melts at 170C and boils at 212c.
Soluble in methanol, ethanol, water chloroform.. Very sparingly soluble in acetone. Insoluble in ether, benzene, hexanes.

I don't think you'd be able to tell by eyeballing crystals in a pipe over an open flame if you had MSM. If you set up a proper melting point apparatus, maybe you'd be Ok then. Anhydrous alcohol wash would remove MSM if it were present. And I would surmise that there's a distinct taste to both meth and MSM.

In my experience, you knew right away if you had MSM in your pipe.
Slow to melt, slow to re solidify, obvious lack of vapor produced, horrible taste/smell.
It also does this boiling thing when you go to light it. Bubbles and everything.
Visually, MSM crystals are easy to spot unless you are new to the drug. I remember them being more elongated and uniform in appearance than meth crystals.
Then there's the crush test...It's hard. Nothing like methamphetamine, and when it is crushed the pieces don't crumble and seem to break off in long, odd sections.
The crystals more closely resemble plastic. You can usually bend the shards with your fingers, like soft plastic.
It produces no stimulation whatsoever. Just coughing and resentment.

Then there's the crush test...It's hard. Nothing like methamphetamine, and when it is crushed the pieces don't crumble and seem to break off in long, odd sections.

I thought it was the other way around: that methamphetamine was super hard and ISO and MSM crumbled quite easily. I'm so confused about this shit and have no idea what I was taking. Good argument for giving it up.

Meth should be hard, but not so hard that your credit card breaks with it.
Just imagine a chunk of hard opaque plastic thats just soft enough to bend with your fingers. Now imagine trying to crush that using a bank card.