The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Does methamphetamine even exist in chicago

The Straight Dope

Bluelighter
Crack most certainly does, but I have never ever heard of anyone doing meth, it's ridiculous.

I'm thinking if it is anywhere in quantities it has to be in the northside boystown homosexual community, since they have a reputation for it.

The coke cartels are huge in chicago and since meth is a cheaper and better (in many people's opinion) high, they try their damnedest to keep it out of their turf. They pretty much succeed too. If you go to southern illinois it is definitely more prevalent.

i noticed that's the one thing i've never come across in the area also, don't even know anyone who's done it but it seems it's taken over the rest of the country.

Does methamphetamine even exist in chicago?

Crack most certainly does, but I have never ever heard of anyone doing meth unless they were in another state at some point, it's ridiculous. I've never seen it before in my life.

I'm thinking if it is anywhere in quantities it has to be in the northside boystown homosexual community, since they have a reputation for it. It still seems to be really rare, googling up something along the lines of "Chicago Meth" only brings up some sparse articles.

I also posted this thread in drug culture by mistake and the thread was closed and I was told to post it here instead. Before the thread was closed I still got 3 replies though, so I think it would be nice to repost those replies in this thread so as not to fully lose the old one. The replies were as follows:

Originally posted by 8ft-Sativa:

Originally posted by xxkcxx:

The coke cartels are huge in chicago and since meth is a cheaper and better (in many people's opinion) high, they try their damnedest to keep it out of their turf. They pretty much succeed too. If you go to southern illinois it is definitely more prevalent.

Originally posted by ellua:

i noticed that's the one thing i've never come across in the area also, don't even know anyone who's done it but it seems it's taken over the rest of the country.

hell yeah meth exists in chicago, you obviously need to know the right people though. and meth dealers seem to be the most paranoid people ever... but i know several people who live near me who smoke meth every day, including my brother but hes been clean for about a week now. Prices however are ridiculous.... compared to what i've been hearing about for the rest of the country. I couldn't care less though, i'm more of an opiate / downer person myself, so meth really doesnt cut it for me, the only stimulant i like is coke, and thats usually only if i have some dope to do after or to mix it with.

yes, it most deff does. Although its user community is rather small and obscure.

it's definitely there but probably brought regularly from other states...Many years ago I've used it twice and so has my partner more recently, his was from someone from another state. It's true that meth is a lot less common in Chicago than in other places in US.

The meth scence is real big in the gay community esp in boys town. It easy 2 get at clubs esp gay clubs. I found this out from people in detox.

here u go

hxxp://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/09/ann-sather-deliveryman-charged-in-drug-case.html.........idk if u can post direct links so just put the tt where the x's are.

yes it exists you would be a fool to think it doesnt..trailor parks and the gheys have it

i have the same problem except that i live in the middle of meth country and there's no heroin here.

Like everyone has eluded to, it's highly concentrated on the north side, big with our gay community. I have a family member who is a chicago cop and he has mentioned that they have seen it up there. I live in the southern burbs and have never seen it. Plenty of coke, etc. but none of that. It probably isn't the worse thing that meth hasn't had a proper introductoin to most of our fair city.

All the bikers control the meth, atleast that's what the history channel tells me. "ravers" have it too although most the time they are too dumb to know what it is and say its Molly or something else.

there has to be. i mean we're talking about chicago. the city right? (meth)ampthetamine is so readily available in so-cal i almost wish i used the stuff.

It can be found in the two most obvious places: gay areas and the rave scene. And no one confuses tweek with molly dude...

I spent some time out west of the Rockies and I gotta say that the Meth scene here is absolutely nothing like it is out there; this is a heroin town plain and simple. I personally bought meth once back in the 1990's at a rave when we still had those in the city before they became a big thing and the news media jumped on that story, it was pure glass what I got at the rave and it was in the smallest zip lock bag I ever saw to this day even. Also the lines I did of it were incredibly small. I have seen it several times since and it was always the pure clear glass form of it, none of that weird yellow shit or anything. It is almost 100% confined to the gay community so if you’re looking for a hook up you'll have to spend some time at the gay bars in Boys town. Also they call it "Tina" here. I don't understand the appeal of it, there is no euphoria like the euphoria you get from cocaine. It just makes you really speedy. I also heard that there is no rush if you smoke it or even shoot it like there is with coke or heroin. Once again there is plenty of it in chicago one of my best friends is gay and he would do shitloads of it all the time, you just have to look in the right place for it. Hope that helps.

Last edited: