• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Does meth really last longer when injected?

.:Holy::Toast:.

Bluelighter
Simple question but I was browsing erowid and found it said that IV meth lasts 4-8 hours whereas smoking only lasts 1-3.
I've smoked meth a few times and it definitely does only last about 1-3, but I can't think of a reason for why IV would have a longer duration

The rush probably will. But the high itself? It would probably be much shorter.

I find that it definitely lasts longer than smoking, ime, but that sniffing it seems to last just as long without as harsh a crash (assuming you don't keep re-dosing).

In the beginning.... This effect will rapidly deteriorate as you fry your neurotransmitters and ruin your circulatory system injecting methylamphetamines. Trust me, before you can say the word methamphetamine, you'll end up "having" to shoot up every 4-6 hours, at least that was my experience and back when I used glass, I had near pharmaceutical quality ice, it's prevalent where I'm from. I've noticed this trend in the majority of intravenous methylamphetamine users I know. At first you shoot once and you're good but all good things must come to and end, this is life, and this is meth, don't inject methamphetamine because you think you're being more economical. You won't be for long.

It's a snowball effect IMO.

I can not add to this conversation because I have never done methamphetamine. But it is shit like this that you find out the truth about how these drugs affect you. I am talking as a teacher of health who taught middle schoolers about the effects of legal/illegal drugs, the consquences, the whole nine yards. Bluelight should be required reading for ALL health teachers so they can find the real information and not just spread the bullshit the text books have in them. I remember the book I had that stated, as a fact, that using methamphetamine a SINGLE TIME would cause you to get addicted, always. It further stated that a single use would keep you high, basically psychotic, for a full 48 hours at a minimum. I'm just thankful I found Bluelight in 2010 and discovered the things I was teaching were wrong. Of course I am retired now so I imagine it still goes on.

Yeah it lasts longer than smoking it.

I never got into smoking the shit.

Tedious as fuck.

Definetly longer and you don't have to keep having it just one shot and done
Well i inject bout 1.5 - 2 points and this will last me bout 12 hours sometimes longer or shorter - you get a mad rush that steals your breath away then it burst through your body like a wild fire it is an amazing feeling!!! just be sure not to have to much as it can get pretty intense.

Have fun !

i definitely think you get the best rush and high from injecting. I also have found doing it this way a lot less addictive

i definitely think you get the best rush and high from injecting. I also have found doing it this way a lot less addictive

That's a solid contradiction. If it has the best high and rush isn't it going to be the most addicting method of administration.

It's my experience that IV defiantly lasts longer. An earlier post stated that eventually you have to up the dosage, and that's true unless you take time off. IV meth rush is so damn euphoric that the only times I've made the mistake of redose is when I am chasing that damn sweaty feeling. I have a high tolerance and did 3 points of quality Tina (30 unit water and ended up 65 units total). Too big of a shot bc it takes forever but it was amazing. Problem was 3 hrs later did same size and was rushing so damn hard my cheek was twitching for an hour, pale as a ghost and I think I sweat out 3 gallons of water. This was enjoyable, but also scary. Had too much of a good thing, made it through tho. HR is important with such a strong stim, so I do not advise this.

Personally, I've always felt oral meth dosing lasts far longer and is much smoother than any other ROA I've tried. But you're going to get conflicting answers from different people.

That's a solid contradiction. If it has the best high and rush isn't it going to be the most addicting method of administration.

I'm glad you caught this as well, this makes very little sense.

The first time I smoked Meth I was up for 3 days straight never felt the need to sleep at all till It wore off. If I kept smoking the crap I would eventually be doing it multiple times a day and some just hit the pipe nonstop 24/7 unable to put it down. But generally speaking most people find with injecting it lasts longer than smoking which is true for most drugs such as crack, heroin etc. That's part of people usually switch from say smoking Meth or crack to IV use because they find it lasts longer. But as tricomb said it catches up with you and eventually you need to do it every 4 hours when at first it would last you 12-24 hours. I never injected Meth only smoked it a few times but with heroin I went from smoking to IVing and was surprised how much longer it lasted yet after doing it daily for a while I found myself shooting up every 2 hours just to keep well. I couldn't even sleep more than 3-4 hours without waking up drenched in sweat shivering cold needing a hit of heroin just to go back to sleep. What a life,every night I would wake up 2-3 times to fix up just to keep sleeping all night. It really catches up with you and your sleeping schedule gets fucked too.

a good shot will last a good 6-8 hours of high before you start coming down.
definitely lasts longer than smoking the shit

after a good meth rush i can usually take a week or two off, its like a good mdma experience for me
i also find chasing the high to be pointless because you can only produce so much dopamine so i just make my first shot a banger
peace

My thoughts are amount for amount it wont last any longer, the diff is when Slamming you're taking a bunch at once with a bigger initial high which results in longer comedown. To keep the same high you're constantly smoking bowls for sort of the same effect without the big rush from slamming

I've also spent days awake shooting small doses.

Smoking does not last as long ime.