• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does Lopermide Raise Your Tolerance To Real Opiates?

Roachmon95

Bluelighter
So I've been taking lopermide the last few days to stave off oxy withdrawals until I decide how i'm going to kick this shit for good. So far I've been averaging 35-40mg a day of lope. However, I did have one day when my inner addict got ahold of me, and I took 100mg. I will say this stuff works, but its nasty on your system. I've been haveing brutal constipation (worse than when I was on subs) and horrible stomach cramps. Anyway, I was wondering if Lopermide had any tolerance effect to other opiates? Or even a blocking effect? I dosed three teaspoons of kratom tonight after taking my normal lopermide dose earlier today and felt nothing. Also if anyone has suggestions on tapering off opiates using Kratom/Lope I'm all ears.

Not really.

If you taking lope to get high, I dunno what to say...

I used hard drugs and took lope when I had the shits.

What else is there to say other than too much lope will send you to the hospital.

As far as tapering off antidiarhea meds is too drink protein powder drinks, make your shit solid and exercise. Try not to be a pussy about things mate.

Yes!! Stop while your ahead. I left dope for loperamide gained a tolerance and ended up taking over 100 pills a day. Any time I tried heroin I couldn't get high because lope raised my tolerance like crazy. When I switched to Suboxone I had to take 4x the dose I used to just to maintain because loperamide screwed my tolerance. I'm sure somebody can explain because it's a full agonist or something like that....also for the people that think you can't get high I miss it every day compared to Suboxone. I got a full body buzz and euphoria from it. Feel nothing from bupe. It almost killed me (heart issues) and raised my tolerance ten fold.

loperamide is "a real" opioid.. Of course it raises your tolerance...

Dopemaster, you're being a bit big headed. They didn't ask for people to brag about taking "hard" drugs and having the shits......
Roach, if you got high from lope then you took enough for it to cross the BBB, when a dose like this is taken doesn't it act like any other opiate/oid? So yes, I'm fairly certain it would raise tolerance to other opiates. Loperamide will almost certainly cause more digestive issues than most others though, due to it binding so readily with receptors in the gut, along with a few in your brain I assume. Are you in the US or Canada? Can you not blag a prescription for some 30mg codeine or DHC or something instead? Can't be that hard, considering the prevalence of stronger pain killers in the states, you'd assume codeine was given out like sweets. I hear Canada is a bit stricter on scripts, but has codeine otc. Either way, stay off the Lope!

It's not taking enough to cross the BBB, but taking enough so it binds as much as possible before being pumped back out of the BBB. Just wanted to clear that one up.

we don't have DHC here in the states.

From what I've heard loperamide does raise your tolerance significantly and that the withdrawal from it is nasty, I'd stick with the Kratom, fuck eating 30 or 50 of those fucking pills a day, yeah I've done it in desperate times but that's what loperamide is there for, desperate, last resort I'd rather take clonodine. Not to mention, it's been shown that Loperamide could be pretty toxic if it does pass the BBB, so it's better to just use something else than pumping your system with that shit (literally).

No lope is not there for addicts, but those desperate not to take a shit... Literally

ever take a dose of lope with a dose of ex-lax? Its called a shit speedball.

So I've been taking lopermide the last few days to stave off oxy withdrawals until I decide how i'm going to kick this shit for good. So far I've been averaging 35-40mg a day of lope. However, I did have one day when my inner addict got ahold of me, and I took 100mg. I will say this stuff works, but its nasty on your system. I've been haveing brutal constipation (worse than when I was on subs) and horrible stomach cramps. Anyway, I was wondering if Lopermide had any tolerance effect to other opiates? Or even a blocking effect? I dosed three teaspoons of kratom tonight after taking my normal lopermide dose earlier today and felt nothing. Also if anyone has suggestions on tapering off opiates using Kratom/Lope I'm all ears.

Loperamide has a very long half life, which could be why you didn't feel the Kratom.

To get off opiates using it, simply decrease your mg daily. You won't crave it.....

And yeah it doesn't help with the fatigue so you just feel so blah. And so dehydrated. Drink lots of water. But it's a great kicking tool, if used properly.

ever take a dose of lope with a dose of ex-lax? Its called a shit speedball.
Haha, i thought it was funny.
Over here you can get a cough syrup OTC with DHC in it. Unfortunately, to prevent "abuse", it's loaded with sorbitol which acts as a powerful laxative.
Rather than "shit speedball" it's like "shit explosion" or "shit waterfall". Yet i know people who continue to do it for kicks (and shits n giggles i guess).

Hey, it's not very pleasant, but addiction is ugly

I've tried that shit at massive doses while on a hard dope rattle and it did jack shit for my wd's, it just made my entire abdomen go into lockdown(NOT a nice feeling!) and dehydrated the hell out of me.

There are lots of better drugs to take to ameliorate withdrawal syndrome, if you have access to them.

I am new to this site so sorry if I am doing something wrong lol. 12 hrs ago I dosed 48mgs of lope and I am wanting to take sub but idk if it will cause me to withdrawal. Does anyone know the answer?

I am new to this site so sorry if I am doing something wrong lol. 12 hrs ago I dosed 48mgs of lope and I am wanting to take sub but idk if it will cause me to withdrawal. Does anyone know the answer?

I actually have no idea... If you do try it, please report the results. This thread is soooo ass-backwards. *pun intended*

Last edited:
I'd recommend against it the OP had bad PWD

Edit: Half life is 9-14 hours so 28 hours would be optimal while 18 hours you're lucky you can.

I once went into precipitated wd from taking suboxone about 8 hrs after taking loperamide. I had last shot heroin over 32 hours ago (could've been slightly more but definitely wasn't less)

I would not mess with suboxone/subutex within 24 hours of taking loperamide. And even more time in between if you take loperamide regularly

If you choose to ignore this advice, start out with about 1 mg of sub until you make sure you aren't going to have precip wd. Otherwise, well, it's not very fun.

I would not go from lope to subs, as someone mentioned, it has a long half life, but also builds up in your system so that it becomes nearly impossible to avoid precipitated withdrawals, which you want to avoid at all costs. I would switch to the shortest acting opioid possible, then wait until you are in withdrawals (moderate to severe) if not under the care of a Dr. There is a test online that Dr's use to gage what stage of withdrawals you are in, unfortunately I have lost it. It lists things like watering eyes, goosebumps, stomach discomfort, etc. The general idea online is usually at least 12 hrs after your last dose. When you are safely in moderate withdrawals, best to go to sleep & wake up in a decent state of WD, then you can safely take the subs. You should start the sub at a lower dose than you probably think you need, keep in mind it takes 3 days to get the full effects of sub (to "peak") in your system, and after that it doesn't take that much to keep you stabilized. The analgesic effects of sub are 20-40x stronger than that of morphine, it's actually used in surgical procedures in Europe (due to less respiratory depression making it safer) in opiate-naïve patients, the opiate it contains is that strong. That is what keeps the physical (and usually mental) cravings away with subs, the opiate it contains is quite substantial. To wean yourself off all opiates using subs, just take enough to keep WD at bay & when you feel OK, cut back a little, continue to do this & you will have very little pain associated with WD's. Subs are expensive in the US, if you have insurance or can afford them they are a excellent way to stay off recreational opiates. Subs are the most complicated & misunderstood medication however, I suggest you read up on them if you intend to use them while not under the care of a Dr. Feel free to PM me.

As for if loperamide increases tolerance, I think that question has already been answered. Yes, it is a long lasting opiate, it will affect your tolerance to other opiates.

Yes, it does, I speak from experience. High dose lope anyway. I couldn't feel, or barely feel my oxy if I used lope the day b4... It seems to act as some kind of 'blocker' like done or bupe. Lope did raise my tolerance as ridiculous as it sounds