• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does Kratom withdrawal peak on 2nd - 3rd day like other opiates?

jjacobsen

Bluelighter
Read a lot here on Kratom withdrawal but can?t find this answer. Does it get steadily worse for 2 days like H or does it get better each day?
I want to know how much comfort meds to save! Tapered quickly to 10 mg / day in 5 doses then quit last night. Today is pretty bad (18 hours in now) but Gabapentin and supplements help. Nothing like H or sub withdrawal so far.
Thanks!

For me it does generally work like that.

Of course, this is dependent on your personal bio chemistry, how high your dosage, how frequently you dose per day, and how many days in a row you've been dosing and things like that, and generally, the longer it's been since you've taken a break, the more you dose and the higher your dose, the worse and more long lasting your withdrawals will be.

I work very hard (unlike a lot of people who are fine with taking Kratom daily) not to become dependent, or if I do, to break the dependency as quickly as possible, and not to use more than 3-4 days a week, but I constantly mess up and allow my tolerance to progress, which I swore I wouldn't do this time...so now I need about 10.50mgs a dose, and I dose 2-3 times on days...so a little over an ounce a day, 3-4 days a week is what I use (I wish I could get my tolerance down but trust me, 3 months off didn't even TOUCH it, I had to stop for 11 months to reduce my tolerance...)

I fucked up and went 5 days in a row, so now is my first day of WD, and I don't feel it much yet, just slept like 12 hours last night LOL (this is typical Kratom WD for me...lethargy and constant sleeping...) and it always hits me hardest between days 2 and 4, and is usually going away on day 5 and gone by day 6.

But for those who have dosed regularly for weeks, months or years on end, Kratom WD has been known to last for a month or more.

Of course, I have never been dependent on other opioids or used Heroin, only once or twice took a bit too much Oxy/Vicodin after surgery and had a couple days of depresssion, but it's not anything like Heroin withdrawal and should be easy compared to what you are used to.

How long were you using Kratom daily, what were your doses and how many doses per day??

I'm not sure what you mean by (10mg a day/day in 5 doses)...10mgs obviously doesn't have any real effect.

But if your schedule wasn't much worse than mine, then yeah, days 2-4 some lethargy, feeling like you have a cold...probably won't last more than 5 days...but I can't speak for if you used more heavily than that.

Well shit. (Both to the news day 2 and 3 will he wore)” and to the fact I messed up and have to write this twice!) thanks for your detailed reply. In answer to your questions:
I used Kratom at about 5 g five times a day (25 g total) for about 3 months, 17-20g per day for the previous month. One thing that doesn’t seem to be clear is I was using not to get high but to stop suboxone withdrawal after 5 months use, which itself was to overcome a 5 year H habit. So I tapered down to 2g five times a day over two weeks. Hence the 10g a day that you said “wouldn’t do anything”. It wouldn’t get you high but I was only trying to stave off withdrawal. Quit almost 24 hours ago. Bummer that this might Not be the worst of it.
Thanks again!

Well shit. (Both to the news day 2 and 3 will he wore)” and to the fact I messed up and have to write this twice!) thanks for your detailed reply. In answer to your questions:
I used Kratom at about 5 g five times a day (25 g total) for about 3 months, 17-20g per day for the previous month. One thing that doesn’t seem to be clear is I was using not to get high but to stop suboxone withdrawal after 5 months use, which itself was to overcome a 5 year H habit. So I tapered down to 2g five times a day over two weeks. Hence the 10g a day that you said “wouldn’t do anything”. It wouldn’t get you high but I was only trying to stave off withdrawal. Quit almost 24 hours ago. Bummer that this might Not be the worst of it.
Thanks again!

Not sure what you meant when you said "10 grams a day wouldn't do anything"...you meant WD at my type of usage?

I DO in fact use it for the high, but also for great anxiety relief.

Yeah, unfortunately, your situation is going to be worse, both cause of how long you have used Kratom, but all the complications because you used it to wean off Sub and that to wean off Heroin.

There are lots of people on here who have experience doing that kind of thing and can answer your question much better cause I've never done that...but that's basically like you have still had opiate in your system since you last used H, so it's complicated, and in a way, your body might still think you are coming off of that.

I wish I could give you more help on that, but yeah, you might not have the most fun time.

A lot of people recommend having things like benzos and Gabapentin on hand...I can't help beyond that.

Good luck.

I always found it the worst about 48 hours after stopping. By day 4 most of the symptoms are finished and I feel completely back to normal by the 6th day. This is on roughly 10-15g per day. I've read of some people doing crazy amounts like 60g per day, although I don't really understand how you fit 60g of kratom in your stomach...

I remember kratom withdrawals lasting longer than regular opiates for me....it sucked lol. not sure why but I was sick for a solid 14 or so days, would way rather kick dope. but I'm a minority in this situation, for most people its much more mild than classic opioids. its interesting how it affects people differently, some people have reported jaundice and acute liver poisoning off just one or two medium doses out of batches that others were fine with. I remember reading about one guy who got liver poisoning twice because the first time he thought he just had a bad batch. theres a few threads about it somewhere on here. seems to only effect a small subset of the population of users, probably a genetic thing.

Thanks everyone. Let's hope lunchbox's experience and not transcendence fits my case. This is one more reason it's criminal how uneducated doctors are about opiate withdrawal: everyone needs personalized care.
It's 60 hours in now and not so bad, now I'm using immodium instead of Xanax (I'm alternating comfort meds so I don't get another goddamn habit!).

Lope is yet one more personalized experience. I read people on here saying just take 2-4 mg anything more won't do anything more. Definitely not true for me! Ive experimented with different doses and I need at least 20mg to alleviate symptoms like this.