• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does Kratom really work for opiate withdrawals?! Needing to know!

not only does it work, i eventually started to prefer kratom to opiates. it doesnt give me the dopey tired feeling. When I was on heroin, I needed to sleep 12 hours a night. WIth kratom I can sleep 8 hours like a normal person.

Yes, it helps tremendously with the withdrawals. I could get off Suboxone thanks to kratom, I remember woke up in the morning in a pool of colds sweats, in a awful sensation and so much pain. I took almost 5 grams of kratom bali, and all the symptoms go away within 15 minutes. If they want ilegalize it, it's because is soooo efective to get off any opiate, and manage pain without them.

wow thats awesome. ive always been told that suboxone was a bitch to come off of and that the withdrawals were considerably worse compared to other opiates. so i should get the bali? how much am i exactly supposed to be taking whenever i first feel the onset of the withdrawals?

wow thats awesome. ive always been told that suboxone was a bitch to come off of and that the withdrawals were considerably worse compared to other opiates. so i should get the bali? how much am i exactly supposed to be taking whenever i first feel the onset of the withdrawals?

I recommend Bali as a good strain to start with. It's not typically over stimulating. 5 grams is a good starting dose and then you can adjust accordingly.

I ordered my first Kratom shipment on Tuesday and it'll be arriving any minute. I've never used it but hope it helps with Tramadol and Tapentatol withdrawals! Any advice about how to take it would be appreciated. I believe I ordered 112g of Bali Kratom Powder. I don't even know how to dose it! Just wanted to try it out before it's no longer available.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Red veins bali or borneo are both very good strains, a good choice to detox from any opiates, 5gr are a good dose to combat withdrawals, after the first dose you will look if stay in that dose, or up or low it by the effects. Search for a good distribuitor, the kratom's quality really mark difference. Now I'm with a better contact than the first that sold me the bali I mentioned, and now my standard dose are 3gr at day, but lastly the range it's in 3-6g (I weight almost 60kg).

And yeah Suboxone is a big bitch, really hard task to leave it. Despite of take the kratom, I had 10-13 days really bad physically and mentally, awful. I had tough withdrawals with fentanyl, oxycodone and more, but with Suboxone was a hell (and only were 7 months with it, between doses of 2-6mg because gave me side effects very weird). I can't imagine what could be with a few years on it and with high doses, like 16mg or 24mg, I can't imagine that suffering...

I ordered my first Kratom shipment on Tuesday and it'll be arriving any minute. I've never used it but hope it helps with Tramadol and Tapentatol withdrawals! Any advice about how to take it would be appreciated. I believe I ordered 112g of Bali Kratom Powder. I don't even know how to dose it! Just wanted to try it out before it's no longer available.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

It will help, believe me. Try first with 4 or 5gr and see how you feel it with that dose, and later you will already see if up or down, with kratom it's trial and error. Depend of your weight and metabolism too, like I said I weight almost 60kg and 3gr of borneo are good for me, to relief the pain and the anxiety too.

Albatross....you got my hopes up!! I'm so bummed about this! Kratom has helped so much with my addiction and I'm super worried about the ban. I am sitting here trying to decide on whether to go pick up my last kg that I was able to afford or to just say fuck it and get on MMT. I've been a struggling addict for ten years, and the last three kratom has been my maintenance and without it, I'm so worried I'll totally relapse and won't come back from it-as in-all money going to feed the chase.

OP, yes, kratom can help so much! Bali is good. I had/have a 150-200mg oxy habit and 7g of bali kratom, 2-3x a day helps me. I get no cravings, no physical w/d from pills and a little energy boost. At times, I have grown to enjoy it more than opiates, because I'm not chasing a high with it. It helps with pain and helps with mood, and anxiety. And the little energy boost I get isn't such a rush (like opiates) that I crave more. It also has a ceiling effect, as if you just take more you'll get tummy aches instead of increasing the boost.
Good luck! Stock up now because in a week it's gone :(

so wait, it helps because it itself binds to the receptors so its similar to subutex/suboxone?

if u swap kratom for say oxy, when you want to stop using kratom dont you get withdrawals from not using kratom?

Red Kalimantan is another good sedating strain with a nice feel to it.

so wait, it helps because it itself binds to the receptors so its similar to subutex/suboxone?

if u swap kratom for say oxy, when you want to stop using kratom dont you get withdrawals from not using kratom?

Yes but kratom w/d is short lasting and compared to traditional opioids is fairly mild.

Fuck yes it works. I quit an opiate addiction a little over a year ago and used kratom to help with PAWS. When I quit the kratom the symptoms were minimal and only lasted a few days. As far as strains I couldn't tell much difference, some batches were weaker than others but the strain didn't really matter. I usually took commercial Bali because it was cheap.

So I just went to my local headship and purchased 30 capsules of Super Green Malaysian Master blend and I also got 30 capsules of Super Red Vein (borneo) Kali Mist Master Blend. I hope I picked the right strains.While I was in there, there was actually an older lady in here purchasing some kratom as well. I asked the employees there about which strain was best for opiate withdrawals and of course they wouldn't answer me so the lady said " you can ask me." So I asked her and she told me that she takes kratom for her opiate withdrawals. She said she hasn't had a pain pill in 3 days thanks to kratom. I asked her how many mg of pain meds she was taking a day and she said around 60-70 mg but that she was trying to kick the habit completely and she was doing so bc if he kratom. She said that it helps tremendously and the only withdrawal symptom that she is really having was that she was a little bit jittery. It was nice to have someone in person tell that it really does work for withdrawals. However my habit is a good bit more than hers, I take up to 60-120 mg of roxys a day and I am so sick of it. I am so sick of draining my bank account on buying something just because I'm scared of feeling like shit and being glued to the toilet for a few days. I am beyond thrilled to give this kratom a shot and get my life back on track. I am way too young to be broke with a bad habit.
Thank you all for your input

So I just went to my local headship and purchased 30 capsules of Super Green Malaysian Master blend and I also got 30 capsules of Super Red Vein (borneo) Kali Mist Master Blend. I hope I picked the right strains.While I was in there, there was actually an older lady in here purchasing some kratom as well. I asked the employees there about which strain was best for opiate withdrawals and of course they wouldn't answer me so the lady said " you can ask me." So I asked her and she told me that she takes kratom for her opiate withdrawals. She said she hasn't had a pain pill in 3 days thanks to kratom. I asked her how many mg of pain meds she was taking a day and she said around 60-70 mg but that she was trying to kick the habit completely and she was doing so bc if he kratom. She said that it helps tremendously and the only withdrawal symptom that she is really having was that she was a little bit jittery. It was nice to have someone in person tell that it really does work for withdrawals. However my habit is a good bit more than hers, I take up to 60-120 mg of roxys a day and I am so sick of it. I am so sick of draining my bank account on buying something just because I'm scared of feeling like shit and being glued to the toilet for a few days. I am beyond thrilled to give this kratom a shot and get my life back on track. I am way too young to be broke with a bad habit.
Thank you all for your input

Reading all these success stories (mine included) is just killing me bc of the ban. The DEA can fuck themselves bc they sure as hell have fucked us up.

Think i'm going to go ahead and give this ago before the last option of inpatient opiate detox. My only concern is i get off the Heroin and end up with a Kratom addiction, i want to be free of everything this time.

Cheers.

Ehhhh, I got some now and it does delay wds A LIL l, can't wait to get paid and get more heroin tho yummy

I received my Kratom today and didn't know what to do with it. 112 grams of green powder came in a sealed bag. What the hell was I supposed to do with powder? I measured about a teaspoon worth using a spoon ... Then stupidly decided to try swallowing it! As soon as I put it in my mouth, I thought of all the dumbasses who dare each other to try swallowing a spoonful of cinnamon without choking. Needless to say, it tasted horribly and I coughed like crazy. Such a dumb move. Anyway, I'd guess I took about 5 grams or so. Pretty sure it was too much because about 2 hours later, I felt like shit! I had the worst headache hit me, right between the eyes. Anyone suffered a severe headache as a result of Kratom?

You know what the feeling reminded me of? Phenibut. I tried that crap last year and enjoyed it the first time, then never again.

So after the spoonful, I found some herbal weight loss supplement capsules, emptied them out, then filled them with the Kratom. How many grams typically fit into a good sized capsule? I feel so foolish asking questions like these! Thanks for not making fun of me ?