• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does Kratom really work for opiate withdrawals?! Needing to know!

Hipster427

Bluelighter
I have heard so much talk about how kratom really does work for opiate withdrawals but I have never touched kratom before. Does is really work for withdrawals and how much does it actually help a person that does atleast 2-4 30 mg roxys daily? I know there are a few different strains and types of kratom, which strain is best for the opiate withdrawals? I have zero knowledge about kratom but if it really does work for withdrawals I need to go get some before the 30th of this month. How many capsules or mg do you take at a time? Please Please give me some good advice and information because i am planning on kicking my opiate habit once and for all come my next off days
Thank you all!

I have heard so much talk about how kratom really does work for opiate withdrawals but I have never touched kratom before. Does is really work for withdrawals and how much does it actually help a person that does atleast 2-4 30 mg roxys daily? I know there are a few different strains and types of kratom, which strain is best for the opiate withdrawals? I have zero knowledge about kratom but if it really does work for withdrawals I need to go get some before the 30th of this month. How many capsules or mg do you take at a time? Please Please give me some good advice and information because i am planning on kicking my opiate habit once and for all come my next off days
Thank you all!

In my personal experience, YES Kratom helps tremendously. I was in the middle of oxy WD, taking 160 mg daily, and Kratom stopped the WD in its tracks. It stopped all cravings for me. It's been something similar to a miracle for me. I am very upset it's getting banned because since using Kratom, I have not had the desire to touch any other opiates.

I have had success with Bali. I started with 7-8 mg. I think the reason I had to dose that much to begin with was because my tolerance to opiates was so high. I've read most people feel pleasant effects starting at 5 mg. I guess you could start low and add more if it's not where you want to be. Taking too much definitely sucks so try to avoid that.

I promise you it will help more than you think it ever could ..... I've been clean almost 5 mos. now from a 10year run on friggin pills ..... And idk if I could have without krat. - I did ween down to 30mg / day before jumping , and used roughly 4-5g of a green/white mix every 4hrs or so - - and honestly felt better and had the best feeling days than I'd had in years WHILE weening / jumping because of it ..... If you are seriously done and have the mindset to get life back , I strongly urge you to give it a try ..... You will thank yourself - just make sure to stock up by end of the month if it's working for you !!

Very interested in this thread, just about to pay a hell of a lot of cash to go inpatient detox and is still going to be hell but might have time to give this a go if it's worth it. As it's legal is it against BL rules to recommend a supplier either in forum or message? Is it like salvia in the fact it varies greatly in quality from supplier to supplier.

Following with interest.

Thanks.

Yes.. I was doin around the same amount of oxy and 6/7grams of Kratom twice a day helped with cravings and took away withdrawal. just in case I have another serious detox i have a stock pile

it does differ from vendor to vendor but also can differ with the same vender slightly

search Kratom online sales and look at reviews..and on Reddit about the sites. Make sure u look because prices differ..I got a kg from a vender what I would pay for a few oz from a past vender

with Kratom and an attitude to get your life back on track u will get thru this..it will help for sure

Last edited:
In my personal experience, YES Kratom helps tremendously. I was in the middle of oxy WD, taking 160 mg daily, and Kratom stopped the WD in its tracks. It stopped all cravings for me. It's been something similar to a miracle for me. I am very upset it's getting banned because since using Kratom, I have not had the desire to touch any other opiates.

I have had success with Bali. I started with 7-8 mg. I think the reason I had to dose that much to begin with was because my tolerance to opiates was so high. I've read most people feel pleasant effects starting at 5 mg. I guess you could start low and add more if it's not where you want to be. Taking too much definitely sucks so try to avoid that.

I think you mean grams not milligrams.

Yes, vendors can definitely differ. I started with one after doing very little research. It was cheaper and better quality than head shop Kratom but I finally did in-depth vendor research, took time to read customer reviews, and now have a vendor that has better prices and better quality. Do your research!

Yes it is very effective for opiate withdrawal and I find 2-5 grams is usually about how much I use at a time. Also, the DEA ban just got pushed back to 2018 so you got some time now.

Thank you all so much for your input! I will be going to the local head shop tomorrow and buy some. I really do hope it helps with the cravings and all the other shit that comes along with withdrawal. If it helps any whatsoever it will be worth paying for it in my opinion. I really wish they could actually discuss the differences in the type of kratom at the head shop but they wont say jack. Im scared to even ask any questions because i may or may not get kicked out and never be able to return and that would blow. how many mg are usually in one capsule? i really dont care about the " euphoric effects" or anything because hell, i hardly ever get a buzz from snorting rox anymore. The only thing that roxys do for me now is emptying my bank account and temporarily take away the chronic pain that i suffer from(how i got hooked on opiates in the first place.) So it would seriously be a blessing if kratom eased all the symptoms of withdrawal even if it was just a little bit.
Thank you all so much! anymore advice and comments are still much appreciated!

Yes it is very effective for opiate withdrawal and I find 2-5 grams is usually about how much I use at a time. Also, the DEA ban just got pushed back to 2018 so you got some time now.

Link? I can't find anything to confirm what you are saying here...

and now my hopes are up

I am not seeing anything online to substantiate the ban being moved back to 2018. Anyone else??

I am not seeing anything online to substantiate the ban being moved back to 2018. Anyone else??

No I'm pretty sure this guy is just talking out of his ass. If I am wrong I will apologize later.