• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does it take awhile to develop euphoria from a new type of opiate?

SnackSpace

Greenlighter
I've noticed with myself that whenever I try a new opiate I rarely get euphoria regardless of the dose on the first few times I try it. But after I try it a a lot of times then I get euphoric effects. Anyone else feel this way?

Can you give more detailed examples of this? There's a possibility that your equivalency is off, because quite frankly I don't know what you mean. There are also cases I believe where someones tolerance might be too high to even get off on a weaker opiate. For example, I have only been able to get high off of hydrocodone two times in my life, though on several of occasions I have taken massive dosages of it. However, I have always been on Heroin, Methadone or Bupe, so my tolerance was pretty high. I remember even being dope sick once and I had found a whole bottle of 7.5 Vic's, I don't remember exactly how many I took, but it was a lot, and I don't even recall them getting me well. Similarly, there are certain opiates that have a ceiling dose, like codeine, so if your opiate tolerance is far beyond the equivalent to that ceiling dose of codeine (400mg or so), then you shouldn't even bother. I also feel like for me, certain opiates/opioids will just never do anything for me, like tramadol.

first time i took an opiate i experienced euphoria..first coupe hundred times i took an opiate i experienced euphoria! lol

first time i took an opiate i experienced euphoria..first coupe hundred times i took an opiate i experienced euphoria! lol

Fo sho, too bad after a few thousand times it starts to go away :/.

OP I am the same way you are. When I first started oxy I didn't think much of it. a single roxy 30 would make me sick. So I would split it in half and that was ok. Made me feel kind of warm, but not euphoric. I wasn't until I developed enough of a tolerance to where I could use 30 or 40 mgs without getting sick that I started experiencing euphoria.

OP I am the same way you are. When I first started oxy I didn't think much of it. a single roxy 30 would make me sick. So I would split it in half and that was ok. Made me feel kind of warm, but not euphoric. I wasn't until I developed enough of a tolerance to where I could use 30 or 40 mgs without getting sick that I started experiencing euphoria.

Yes. That is exactly what I'm talking about, Oxy even more then other opiates, it had been difficult to get any euphoria. Took like 10 try's.

Znegative, it's not really equivalency thing, this is when I was opiate naive. I mean the first few times I took hydrocodone I didn't get any high and I was taking 10mg or so. It wasn't until maybe the 4th time that the euphoria kicked in. With Oxy it's been difficult to get anything near hydro level euphoria for me, in fact oxy were just down right boring at 30mg dosages. I had to take them about 10 times to get anything enjoyable at all. I was just curious if it's my personal chemistry or what, but I've noticed it with most opiates, except good 'ole smack. That was instant euphoria, of course.

You know, now that you mention it I guess I kind of know what you mean. Heroin was the first opiate I did, and there were a few times before I got to using daily where I tried Percs and hydro, and I remember being able to achieve a nod off of hydrocodone, but no euphoria. I think that I just didn't fully understand the range of effects that different opiates had, or that heroin has such profound euphoria that everything else sort of paled in comparison.

@OP pretty sure it works the other way around for the most part with perhaps a few rare exceptions.

it usually works the other way around, for me at least. unfortunately, i've done opiates on and off for 4 years. nothing will ever be like the euphoria of the first handfull of times then the euphoria just goes away and you're just high but normal.

first time i did heroin was while i was addicted to oxycontin.. not even that much i was blowing like 60-90mg a day. that first bag i did nothing will ever compare to that.

but now i can proudly say good riddance - for all opiates. just passed the 4 month mark!

Huh. I experience euphoria every single time, unless I'm doing a weaker opioid. For example when I was a heroin and pill junkie (as opposed to the bupe junkie I am now) I was used to doing like 24mg hydromorphone or 200mg morphine at a time, so doing 60mg oxycodone (my least favourite opiate anyway) or 20mg oxymorphone on a rare occassion wouldn't give me really any rush or euphoria.

I would say it's because after doing opiates a few times u really start to crave that certain high and the euphoria is doubled because your high on opiates plus satisfying that craving..that's the only reason I can think of..do u change roa at all?

This is weird, I understand if you take small doses at first and can't get high till you increase the dose sufficiently, but for me (and agreeing with those above, most people) the effects lessen after taking an opiate 10 or 20 times. I have always developed tolerances to everything rapidly though. I think it strange you can get high from 10 or 20mg of hydro but not 30mg of oxy... this could be a body-chemistry thing if true

Congratulations e92!!!!!! I'm coming up on like 4 years almost of opioid independence and it makes me so happy when I come across someone who are currently winning their war on opioids.

I never got high from 10-20mg hydrocodone, I'd have taken the 30mg of oxy every time, even when I knew I wasn't going to feel it... It's a sick, sick, disgusting psychological warfare type abusive relationship and it took me fucking years to see and then let alone somehow accept that.. and finally made that change. One of the biggest accomplishments in my life, and one of the most proud fucking promises I have ever made. And I'd recommend anyone to do the same.

Honestly I think its generous saying 10-20x of euphoria.... prettty sure that shit is probably more often than not in your head, you chase it, you almost but don't catch it, and then you need to do it again like the worlds most depressing merry-go-round. At the end of my opioid use, fuckin with oxymorphone IR and the octagonal Opanas, hindsight being 20/20, I was totally chasing a ghost, theres no way I felt positive effects without a serious fucking tradeoff or risk to my life after the first 3 or 4 times fucking with oxymorphone....
$0.02

we experience euphoria every time, but we're very disciplined* and have never used more than once a week.

*that sounds like we're fighting an urge, but actually have never had any desire to do more than once a week; just like eating a huge steak--love it at the time, but don't really want any steak again for at least a week! :)

Just want to pipe in that I take Oxycodone for pain, and NEVER feel euphoria. Ugh. But when I take Oxymorphone, I have less pain and enjoy it; not quite euphoria, but happy. I think different opiates give different people different feelings, obviously, but even at different times, the same drug will give a different experience due to what's going on in your body at time.

And yes, CONGRATULATIONS to both e92 and tricomb! Awesome for you, every single day.