• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Does it show up on doctors systems what prescriptions you've had filled?

Alexander16

Bluelighter
Ok so I had a prescription for 90 10mg Diazepam tabs from march (I'm prescribed xanax now) but got my diazepam script filled today. I;m living in Ireland...Are doctors alerted when you get a prescription filled, I mean does it show up on any systems or just the pharmacies? I'm a bit paranoid now because I don't want it to look like I was abusing my meds, but if you get a script filled does it go into any system alerting the doctor or just the pharmacy keep track of it?

It would in the U.S. in the e-force system. I would imagine yall have something similar but I really don't know for sure.

You should consult a govt website or just ask a pharmacist ("chemist" whatever you guys call 'em) about it. I'd think they'd have to be honest about it. Go to a different pharmacy than where you get your meds and just ask - "Are controlled drug prescriptions tracked, b/c... some half truthful b.s.", and you should get a straight answer.

Don't think we have many Irish folk on here and this is kind of close to breaking a rule or two. But it sounds like maybe a legit reason for concern, not to get what you don't need, so I replied. But a mod may come along and disagree.

You should consult a govt website or just ask a pharmacist ("chemist" whatever you guys call 'em) about it. I'd think they'd have to be honest about it. Go to a different pharmacy than where you get your meds and just ask - "Are controlled drug prescriptions tracked, b/c... some half truthful b.s.", and you should get a straight answer.

Don't think we have many Irish folk on here and this is kind of close to breaking a rule or two. But it sounds like maybe a legit reason for concern, not to get what you don't need, so I replied. But a mod may come along and disagree.

I don't think he is doctor or pharmacy shopping. It seems he has an old script for the xanax but his current doctor would likely cut him off from the diazepam if he saw that he filled from his last doctor now. Some doctors don't mind about stuff like that for example one RX coming from psych and another coming from pain management. It seems like his might though and he does not want to risk losing his current RX.

It depends on your state's prescription monitoring system, if they have one. Pretty sure that nearly all states do have a tracking system for controlled substances at this point. In MA doctors can see what you've filled in the past couple years at least.

Only in the U.S IF the doctors check a certain website they can see what other doctors you have visited and what has been prescribed. If you have been prescribed your medicine in the U.S and you are now in IRELAND. the Ireland Doctors would not Know.

Only in the U.S IF the doctors check a certain website they can see what other doctors you have visited and what has been prescribed. If you have been prescribed your medicine in the U.S and you are now in IRELAND. the Ireland Doctors would not Know.

pretty sure he got the RX in Ireland and lives there as well...

also pretty sure you could not get a U.S. RX filled in fucking Ireland... lol

Oh shit yea im alittle high right now but my mom who has family in germany got a prescription from the US filled in germany but had to just go to a dr and have him rewrite it.

Yes in NY it does.

edit: Any prescription you fill controlled or not. I know for sure they see it if you use insurance but if you have no insurance I'm not sure.

Theres a record somewhere of all the scheduled drugs that you have filled so that you dont doctor shop or w/e but not sure about cross country.

Unfortunately as times goes by everything becomes more scheduled, nowadays everything is electronically monitored. Here in Italy they are beginning to introduce also electronically blank prescriptions, fuck...

legaluser, I know you must be board right now or something but you keep bringing up like month old threads that have already been answered or have no relevance. This can clutter up the boards and gets really annoying. Not trying to be rude just saying.