• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Does Injection Site Affect Rush? If so at what Cost?

snazzy_sn

Bluelighter
(i do meth, heh)

I think a straight answer with some scientific basis might help me help some of my friends.
They're always taking risks and if I had something on the internet to show them... Well. It might protect the health of a lot of people close to me... Plus, it'd help put my mind to rest...

This has been the subject of debate amongst every I.V. user I've met since I've discovered the needle.
A few of my veins are getting used a bit too much because they're supposed to hit better, but does the injection site affect the rush?
Personally I won't shoot in the neck because it just seems extremely fucking dangerous, but I won't use my foot either because it seems like it would have less effect. Many people I know swear by their neck as the end all place to shoot up.
I know a few people who take great risks to ensure a rush, things like laying on a bed and hanging their head down so they can hit their forehead. But does this honestly make a difference?
I'd really like a clear answer, because I've heard so many different things and a few veins are getting used a bit too much just to ensure that I get a decent rush.

I think the biggest difference in rush for injection sites depends on whether you've hit an artery or not. I'm fairly certain the rush is absent if you inject into an artery since it pumps the blood away from the heart. Provided you're injecting into a vein the drug will reach the heart near instantly and create that rush effect as its absorbed.

There is a difference in how soon you feel the rush depending on the injection site but it's only a matter of seconds and the actual rush should be no different. If you inject in your leg or foot, it will take a few seconds longer for the drug to take effect than if you inject in your arm, because the foot/leg is farther away from the heart. Do NOT inject in your neck, it's really unsafe. Injecting in a vein farther from the heart just means the drug has to travel through your veins a tiny bit longer before it reaches your brain, it should not decrease the actual effects of the drug.

i know for fact that the rush you get from shooting in your hand wrist or crook of the arm, is way b etter than the foot, which provides very little rush effect, a slower more gradual rush, hence less aa rush (at east with opiates), when i hit my foot, i do it sitting down, then as soon as i've injevcted and taken the needle out i lay on my back and raise my foot in the air, its supposed to make he blood circuate to the brain faster

also i've heard the neck and the femural provide powerful rushes but i haven't used them...

Well, I've sadly shot into the veins in my thighs and my ankle before and I really didn't notice any difference. I fear that with a drug like meth, due to vascular constriction (and this would apply to cocaine too), shooting into the veins below the knee would just instantly blow them out. You'd have to make a really concentrated solution so you'd only need to inject 10-15 units. When you blow out a vein it does more than effect the rush.

Definitely not worth testing the rush potential of your femoral artery on grounds of hearsay.

dont shoot in your neck, you might hit an artery. avoid shooting in your feet as bacteria live off the sweat and can cause infection. if you must inject into your feet, use swabs to sterilise the site.

as long as the drug is pumped into your brain via a vein, it will work just as effectively. you may notice a tiny difference in speed of onset, but it's not worth injecting in fucking stupid spaces like your forehead.

this said, DO rotate your site of injection to allow injection sits to heal properly.

no, it would feel the same, but more painful and potentially lethal as you are rupturing an artery.

I've never shot into my lower extremities… I've read enough here on BL to keep me from doing so. However, if you follow "slammer logic" and talk to those who have done it, shooting into your leg/ankle is less likely to have an intense rush and very unlikely to produce a "cough" simply due to the dilution that will occur just from the drug traveling further in your blood stream. This is only anecdotal, not scientific, but the longer the path to your heart, the more time the drug has to mix with your blood and thus reduce it's concentration in your bloodstream. Many slammers believe the high concentration is essential for intense rush and/or cough. My best personal rushes and the best I've witnessed have come from hitting on top of the right bicep. Again, my experience only…not necessarily supported by science…only, perhaps, a certain logic.

Don't shoot into your feet because your feet carry a lot more germs, dirt, bacteria, etc compared to most other places on your body.

Be absolutely sure to follow proper injection technique. I don't think the injection site significantly effects the rush.

Old thread resurrection I know , but I feel the need to offer my 2 c.

IME I can definitely tell the difference between a shot in my foot vs. say, a shot in my "main-vein" in my arm. Here's my take on it though:

Against my better judgement (obviously), i re-use, and definitely OVER-use needles on a daily basis (BAD IDEA PEOPLE). Unfortunately, Utah does not have any sort of exchange programs set in place. (I guess Utah's politicians mainly support the spread of blood-born diseases, but that's an entirely different conversation altogether; maybe another day!)

Repeatedly using one's rig really causes a lot of damage to one's veins, especially if this said person is hitting in the same spots (which I do); not rotating sites enough. This unwise practice has caused me to notice circulation problems: cold hands/feet, tingling extremities, etc.

Anyways, the two main places that I IV are , my arm (opposite my elbow), and my ankles. I use these spots because my veins are (were?) particularly big and "easy" to "hit".

But i think , because of using dull needles over and over , my veins/ circulation have really started to become damaged, especially in my feet. But , now when i inject in my ankles , i dont feel a rush for almost a whole minute , as opposed to in my arm where I'll feel it in 10-20 seconds.

So, from my experience , yes , i certainly do believe that the rush is slower/not as intense when I IV in my foot vs. my arm.

Hope that you're around still OP to read my opinion ! Happy doping everyone :) don't follow me as an example because I have suffered some noticeably serious side effects due to my unsafe usage :/

-b4rd