• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Does Heroin Naturally Turn Gold in Water?

purplehaze147

Bluelighter
My off white powder heroin almost always turns gold (if not, brown) when it's dissolved in water. When its in the spoon it looks like shining 24k liquid gold, GOLD not goldish. I wish I knew how to put up a pic it looks so cool. Is this natural, being an impurity from the poppy plant/opium or not, or is it from a cut (a mixed in powder used to add weight)?

The hue of the solution is usually the same as the powder... It shouldn't change color in any radical way when soluted.

It's usually the cut, but it's impossible to tell without knowing the purity. I used black tar mostly in my hay day and that would very from gold all the way to jet black.

It isnt cut, i dont think.
East coast heroin always turns a shade of yellow-brown ime.
i only ever had dope that was clear like twice.

With east coast powder dope I have always had it turn that color. Powder was usually off white to tan, liquid usually gold/amber to iced tea. Occasionally darker but that was usually the cut. And I've shot dope on n off since early 90s.

I'm pretty sure the dope itself turns that color. I would find it hard to believe over 20 years of dope from different dealers and cities would all have the same cut...

The black tar of this region turns light brown when dissolved in water...some might call the hue gold. It just looks murky light-brownish to me, though.

I always was convinced that the browner the dope in solution, the stronger it is. Indeed that has been my experience for the majority of times, however I've more recently discovered examples which completely contradict this. I've had guys who have sold me shit so brown that I had trouble registering, and it was just barely passable, and also had this group of Asians have this supposed special source which was according to them, nearly pure. I was a bit upset after I bought it and saw that it barely had any tint whatsoever when mixed with water. Let's just say that it's a damn good thing that I have a policy of shooting just the smallest possible amount whenever I have a new source or product. It hit me so hard, I was literally reeling - huge rush, vastly overpowering almost everything else I've had for the past 6 years. Color is useful as a general guideline at times, but certainly not always.

Not only that, but keep in mind that 100% pure heroin like most purified alkaloids, is a white, odorless solid. When pure, properly processed heroin is mixed with water, it should look like nothing more than water. I'm pretty sure that the brown tinge comes from black tar being diluted to various weaknesses with white fillers, since black and impurity mixed in that's white would tend to produce a brownish powder. I think China White - the best and most pure form you can get - isn't brown at all. But here in BC, almost every bag/flap I've ever purchased has cooked up to be a varying shade of brown which leads me to believe I've only had black tar, possibly never even trying CW. I really would love to though, even though I've been clean over a year now, on MMT. It would still be very tempting, even though I have basically no more cravings, simply because it was such an unknown rarity that was so sought after. I'd like to know what a really strong, pure H rush is like.