• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Does having a DPH tolerance make the trips more pleasant?

Nutmegfreakz17

Greenlighter
What if I take 100 mg and when I wake up, take 200 mg? What would that do? Does building a tolerancy make the trip better? Or should I just take 200 mg straight away to get a good high? Any safety tips, how to make the high settle down, how to control the trip, etc.?

You dont get high you get extremely uncomfortable. If you like hallucinating dead relatives and terrifying shit go for it take a whole bunch like 700mg
200mg wont get you shit but feeling uneasy

Yes i have noticed that you can build somewhat of tolerance to both the H1 antagonism and anti-Muscarinic effects of the sedating anti-histamines like Diphenhydramine most of which have the side effect of being anti-cholinergics as well. Though Hydroxyzine is one that doesn't act as a anti-cholinergic but it is very sedating due to it's very strong H1 antagonism. However developing a tolerance to these meds won't help the shitty effects of higher doses at all. You will still get the restlessness, cardiotoxity and increased risk of seizures.

Diphenhydramine is as a deleriant in high doses just like Dimenhydrinate as well as some of the more lethal ones such as Belladonna, Datura and Brugmansia. The latter 3 all contain the alkaloids Atropine which has many medical uses including treating asthma attacks and Scopolamine which is used to treat nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps as a antispasmodic and motion sickness which you can get a Scop patch for called Transderm-V. These drugs are very useful in recommended doses for their medical uses but are very dangerous in high doses.

You don't "trip" on it atleast not in the way most psychedelic users use that word. Unlike LSD, shrooms, Mescaline, etc you can't tell what's real and what's not. Unlike the nice pseudohallucinations you get from Tryptamine and Phenethylamine psychedelics you don't see any colors, any pretty color patterns or experience synesthesia. Instead everything looks quite normal and alot of the time you forget you are even on any drug. You find yourself talking to people that arent there and suddenly disappear, you may think a plant is a person and start talking to it, you may see bugs (spiders seem to be a rather common hallucination on deleriants) and rats and other unpleasant things and you will feel rather dysphoric. Also these drugs cause a really nasty body loads, high blood pressure that can sometimes result in a stroke, have cardiotoxic effects that can cause heart attacks and can cause seizures. So that alone never mind the fact that it's one of the most unpleasant feelings ever is enough reason to stay away.

I was dumb enough to "trip" on Dimenhydrinate twice (i'm a sucker for punishment) when i was maybe 13. This was before we had Erowid or even really the net to look up the side effects of drugs as quickly as we can today. I had no idea that it was even a deleriant much less knew what the dose to achieve those effects where so i took 25 50mg Dramamine pills. To say it was a horror show was putting it mildly and i couldn't even sleep it off because i had Akathisia really bad all over my body so i kept twitching and lying down only made it worse.

Deleriants are very dangerous and unpleasant drugs and honestly i would say avoid them like the plague. If you want a OTC trip take DXM as unlike DPH it's fairly safe as long as you don't mix it with other meds and it can be quite euphoric. Just make sure the product contains only Dextromethorphan as other ingredients in those meds like anti-histamines, decongestants, Guaifenesin and Acetaminophen/Paracetamol can do everything from make you very sick to kill you. Another OTC high is Codeine but it's not available in the US.

It is not a psychedelic and you cannot force it to be one. The most you can hope for is an uncomfortable sedation it might hit the same receptors as an SSRI and make you feel a little euphoric but you develop a tolerance to it quick. You don't hallucinate you have delirium which is not something you want.

How look does it take to kick in? It was probably because I had smoked some weed and also got in a bad argument with my mom. Will this shit ever kick in?

(And btw, I took 250 mg and weigh 150 pounds).

The thing with diphenhydramine is that at low doses it does nothing, at higher doses it makes you go batshit, and it's really hard to judge where the line is.

if you only took 250mg chances are nothing is going to happen. Generally people push dosages to 500, maybe 600mg before they go delerious. But that's not fun, I'll warn you...

The thing with diphenhydramine is that at low doses it does nothing, at higher doses it makes you go batshit, and it's really hard to judge where the line is.

if you only took 250mg chances are nothing is going to happen. Generally people push dosages to 500, maybe 600mg before they go delerious. But that's not fun, I'll warn you...

Well, the next time I plan on doing that, that is if I don't already have a tolerance in to feel it. I'm forgetting everything I'm trying to see accidentally, and plus I don't know what I'm doing here because I'm so stupid right now, just now "very high" just high enough to feel the threshold. And btw, I keep seeing images of spiders, like the jumping type start to appear on my screen out of nowhere, but they're not actually photographic pictures, but just images in my head. Scary shit.

Yeah dph is a bad time. There's no dose that's worth taking for a recreational experience.

If I was that completely desperate I'd just chug cough syrup.

You're going to have a bad time.

south-park-s06e03c03-thumper-the-super-cool-ski-instructor-16x9.jpg

Worst idea ever, prepare to feel like shit
It's not actually that bad (or at least not that bad in it's threshold dose). As I shake my head to headbang, I also see a reflection of myself, except with longer hair, staring at me, and smiling on the computer monitor. And it also makes me feel VERY weird. It's like dizziness I get, cataracts or something. I also am very lightheaded. So, the conclusion is, is that 250 mg is the threshold dose, not 100 or 200. I'll probably take a 500 mg sometime soon to see what it does. I graduated up to 300 mg at one point, but it still didn't do much except make me have visions of spiders on my computer monitor screen.

Just wait until you see the spiders everywhere and even when your eyes are closed
Thats when the real freakouts occur

How the hell can anyone like Diphenhydramine? Beyond being good for allergies, as a opiate potentiator and as a sleep aid there's no reason to take it especially by itself for getting "high" if one could ever call it that. I mean christ if you can't find a dealer and wanna trip buy some DXM only product. Atleast it's euphoric.

How the hell can anyone like Diphenhydramine? Beyond being good for allergies, as a opiate potentiator and as a sleep aid there's no reason to take it especially by itself for getting "high" if one could ever call it that. I mean christ if you can't find a dealer and wanna trip buy some DXM only product. Atleast it's euphoric.

This.

I've done it twice. Once when I was a kid and once when I was in jail. Neither were anything remotely close to enjoyable. And if i couldve bought any dxm product in jail id of went with that in a heartbeat lol

There was a guy in my cell that got messed up on benadryl every single day. He ended up going bat shit insane after a couple weeks and tried to kill himself then bit a cop when they were restraining him.