Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Does ghb stop amphetamine psychosis?

basix

Bluelighter
Does taking ghb stop the symptoms of someone experiencing meth psychosis?

Probably work for knocking yourself out, but I think if the heart is still beating fast from amphets, it would be bad to have GHB as amphetamine comedowns already repress breathing something shocking, so I wouldn't be taking too much.

meth psychosis isn't a physical reaction.

and to that... generally sleep cures meth psychosis, and anything that gets you closer to sleep is good.

Meth psychosis could very well be stemming from physical problems.
Sleep dep is definately physical which causes mental problems.

G may help with sleep, but like most drugs, continual use also has it's problems.

Sleep, good nutrition + no meth is the best formula for minor psychosis. Any psychotic behaviour after a week or 2 of abstention and rest should probably be addressed by seeing a health professional.

hijack/

so what could be taken to calm meth/weed/drug psychosis?

a bit of clarification on terms:

meth psychosis is commonly taken to mean those behaviors that can be experienced associated with a meth run, but not as often the extremely unlikely possibility of long term psychological problems.

new users who are plagued by <some random problem, bug, danger> that is <everywhere, on your skin, under your skin> but can only be seen <out of the corner of your eye, under a microscope, moving> and who then begin to take countermeasures <skin picking, tearing things apart, fighting back, panicking> only 6 hrs into a run can be said to have meth psychosis which has nothing at all to do with sleep dep.

meth turns up the paranoia, sleep dep creates shadow people, tolerance kills the good but leaves you with 50% of the bad.

just to clarify I was talking about the short term symptoms of meth psychosis, while you are on meth, not ongoing symptoms after usage has stopped.

^Thx for your useless comment,

I dont even take drugs anymore, just was curious about this as Ive heard it said before but wanted to know if it was myth or some truth to it.

^ How is it clearly a myth? Some drugs like benzos for example will calm someone down who is experiencing psychotic symptoms.

I know ghb isnt a benzo, but it does have some similiar properties like being a depressant, and I think it may help to calm someone down.

I stoped using meth because I would often get paranoid while on it, however I noticed that if I was on G at the same time I never experienced paranoia.

From my limited observational experience, people who suffer severe anxiety attacks or paranoid reactions more than a day into a meth bend are generally put into a worsened state by the application of other drugs that tamper witht eh dopamine system.

If this is the apparent problem, try tyrosine instead. I would not think wazz would help much with full blown amphetamine psychosis, but who knows.

hmm I dont know about psychosis but ghb and amphetamines + booze all does mix.

I wouldn't use GHB/Gbl/1,4b as a "come-down agent" for a variety of reasons.

One of them being that, the initial sedation and calming effects that G will give you only really lasts for about 3 hours at the most.
After this, the "G" will release a massive surge of Dopamine (which is responsible for psychotic symptoms anyways) and will possibly leave you even in a worse state with alot more anxiety.
Ever heard of rebound anxiety before?

If you can get your hands on Benzos such as Valium (Valium would be better, because it lasts for a while) or Xanax, you would be much better off.

If you can't get Benzos, then try Alcohol, but unfortunately alcy is nowhere near as effective as what Benzos are in calming you down.

xanax, applied liberally, will kill the meth high and all the negative effects-- like the psychosis-- pretty quickly and thoroughly.

until you have accumulated a significant amount of tolerance, keeping a supply of bars handy is a wise idea.