• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Does Gapapentin cause rage and anger? Has this happened to anyone else?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
I started taking Gabapentin earlier today at 6am (and all throughout the day) and I have had EXTREME rage and anger. Its literally been all day. Has this happened to anyone else? I use to take Keppra for seizures but had to stop taking that as well. It gave me something called "Keppra Rage" (thats what they call it anyway). It gave me EXTREME anger and rage as well.

This is horrible....

I know benzos can cause anger and aggression. Gabapentin, as the name implies, also works on the gaba receptors. It doesn't seem unlikely that your brain chemistry would cause you to become angry when using gaba related drugs.

Actually gabapentin works by blocking voltage-dependent calcium ion channels, it does not work directly on GABA.

I will say sometimes with phenibut (which also blocks VDCCs like gabapentin) I find myself getting frustrated really easily, like I'll be quick to shout "god damn it Jesus fucking christ!" at some little insignificant thing. But then it's gone in an instant too. Also it doesn't always happen. Never had that with gabapentin, only with phenibut, but they share a major mode of action.

Different people react differently to different drug.
Benzos have the opposite effect on me, very serene.
I took ONE Carisoprodol (Soma) and flew into an out-of-character rage where I couldn't stop screaming and smashing things. Really scary. Nothing like that has ever happened to be before or since.

Different people react differently to different drug.
Benzos have the opposite effect on me, very serene.
I took ONE Carisoprodol (Soma) and flew into an out-of-character rage where I couldn't stop screaming and smashing things. Really scary. Nothing like that has ever happened to me before or since.
Damn brotha, that's crazy! And it really is scary. It was like I was a completely different person.

Yes, I have read in medication research on it. when it started happening to me, I realized I don't have much use for it. Makes me feel rage and anger but helps with my anxiety. Go figure.

It was prescribed to me for pain but does not help with that at all. Actually when I did take gabapentin for pain, it actually made my pain worse.

Once I took about 1 gram of pregabalin it came as an energy rush or mania that made me exercise after months of being sedentary (weights, a lot of pushups a shit). It was such funny shit in the middle of the night. In fact I even screamed after each of sets or supersets.

That really sucks for you. Gabapentin is literally my favorite thing ever to take. It makes me so nice and happy.

Lol the self rage moments are really funny in hindsight. As long as no one is around to see it. Gabapentin does in a way block ones inhibitions like alcohol so maybe some rage could be subdued by your sober self without having noticed for a while. Angry drunks are a real thing and some people really get too hostile to drink with sometimes.