• 💊 Other Drugs 💊 Welcome back Guest!

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • Notable Threads 1 Notable Threads 2
    Notable Threads 3 Addiction Support
    Emergency Services Benzo Guide v.1
    Addiction Stories Scary Case Studies
    Biology, Pharmacology & Drugs 101

Gabapentinoids Does Gapapentin cause rage and anger? Has this happened to anyone else?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
I started taking Gabapentin earlier today at 6am (and all throughout the day) and I have had EXTREME rage and anger. Its literally been all day. Has this happened to anyone else? I use to take Keppra for seizures but had to stop taking that as well. It gave me something called "Keppra Rage" (thats what they call it anyway). It gave me EXTREME anger and rage as well.

This is horrible....

falsifiedhypothesi

Moderator: BDD, OD
Staff member
I know benzos can cause anger and aggression. Gabapentin, as the name implies, also works on the gaba receptors. It doesn't seem unlikely that your brain chemistry would cause you to become angry when using gaba related drugs.

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Ahh I gotcha! You think it would do the opposite lol Thanks for the reply!

Xorkoth

Sr. Moderator: PD, TR, TDS, P&S
Staff member
Actually gabapentin works by blocking voltage-dependent calcium ion channels, it does not work directly on GABA.

I will say sometimes with phenibut (which also blocks VDCCs like gabapentin) I find myself getting frustrated really easily, like I'll be quick to shout "god damn it Jesus fucking christ!" at some little insignificant thing. But then it's gone in an instant too. Also it doesn't always happen. Never had that with gabapentin, only with phenibut, but they share a major mode of action.

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Different people react differently to different drug.
Benzos have the opposite effect on me, very serene.
I took ONE Carisoprodol (Soma) and flew into an out-of-character rage where I couldn't stop screaming and smashing things. Really scary. Nothing like that has ever happened to be before or since.

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Different people react differently to different drug.
Benzos have the opposite effect on me, very serene.
I took ONE Carisoprodol (Soma) and flew into an out-of-character rage where I couldn't stop screaming and smashing things. Really scary. Nothing like that has ever happened to me before or since.
Damn brotha, that's crazy! And it really is scary. It was like I was a completely different person.