• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids does extended morphine build up like methadone

HezzaD

Bluelighter
Just wondering say you took mscontin for a month without abusing it and always took it by every 12hours I am right in thinking compared to oxycontin which releases half the dosage and rest extended, morphine doesn't just releases say with a 60mg pill 5mg every hour.
Would this build up like methadone and say if you didn't have no pills at end of the month would you not withdraw for around 24hours?
Also would you say theres any benefits for extended morphine treating heroin addicts than methadone or even buprenorphine which only gets rid of the 50percent of the rattle for me unless I plug it then it gets rid of the cravings as I get a high.
And instead of making a new topic why do I sometimes when I plug morphine I get a nod straight away for a hour and sometimes I feel chilled and mildy stimulated, then Im either chilled for the next 3-5 or I end up falling asleep without realising I take 120mg mixed with baking soda plugged most ive plugged in one go is 250mg which i don't reccomend I felt dysphoric and panicky 180mg gave me an energetic high like oxy followed by a nice nod.

They work relatively the same way as oxycodone does..

Morphines half life varies from person to person, but I'd imagine for the average user, WD symptoms would begin around the 24 hour mark..

Your body turns heroin into morphine, so ya, it would work as a great replacement!

There's quite a few different variables that can affect how much a drug will be felt. Sleep, food, other meds/potentiators, effectiveness of administration, ect. There's no way for us to know which variables changed to result in the different highs you felt.

Just wondering say you took mscontin morphine just releases say with a 60mg pill 5mg every hour.

Actually an ER pill designed to last 12 hours releases all of the drug within 6-8 hours, if it released a portion every hour for 12 hours it would last for 16 hours. The API (drug) released is effective for 3-5 hours after the last bit is absorbed. Although many users of Oxycontin feel it is only effective for 8-10 hours.

The MAJOR benefit of straight up morphine treatment for heroin addiction is it's shorter half life. When people go on methadone or subs they usually don't just do it for a couple weeks and then jump, they stay on the stuff... it ends up turning into a new addiction affecting the same part of the body/brain with a worse/longer withdrawal than natural opiates because of the long half life. One of my best friends went through 3 weeks of misery coming off subs where as with heroin I kicked it once in a week. Now , second part... about your plugging. I'm wondering, this affect of nodding sometimes and then other times getting energy , is it random or are you actually nodding less and less as life goes on? I learned that the reason opes cause energy despite being CNS depressants is because of a glucose reaction in the brain. An increase occurs...or so I heard from a Dr. If you're becoming more tolerant to opiates and hence beginning to become addicted or more addicted you will nod much less often and your energy levels will become dependent on the drug. I can't get out of bed without opiates.