• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Does DXM affect pupils?

DukeOfKings

Greenlighter
A while ago I took 600mg of DXM in the form of gel capsules. I was to fucked up to notice if my pupils were dilating while I was high but after I came down I noticed my pupils would dilate and then constrict and shift in size randomly. I'm not sure if it was related to the DXM or if it was nothing but I did some googling and didn't find anything solid so I figured I'd ask if any of you guys had experience with this. Does DXM cause rapid shift in pupil size and if not does it have any affect on them. (This is my first real post, just let me know if I'm doing anything wrong).

I took DXM only once in high school. I took coricidrin yes I know how bad that is for you but I was young and dumb. I think the suggested dosage was 2 and I only took like 4 but my pupils were huge. My friends were like what the hell is wrong with you. also the experience on coricidrin was awful but I'm sure you know that. I was only 16 and knew nothing clearly.

DXM is known to cause dilation of the pupils, it'll make your eyes look like saucers. Although I've never experienced shifting pupil size, you aren't the only one who's gone through this. It's more common at higher doses, so I assume it was your pupils constantly adjusting to the drug.

DXM = dilates pupils. Funny, it also makes you appear surprised constantly because your eyebrows raise up so much, at least for me.

To the above poster, although Coricidin is a shit way of tripping, two pills isn't going to get you anywhere. It'll affect your eyes, but that's a whopping 60mg. It's suggested not to go over 6 pills (180mg) when using them. Actually don't take them at all.

Thanks guys, I did notice that my pupils were for the most part unusually large. That's interesting how DXM can cause pupils to shift in size and not only dilate them.
To the above poster, although Coricidin is a shit way of tripping, two pills isn't going to get you anywhere. It'll affect your eyes, but that's a whopping 60mg. It's suggested not to go over 6 pills (180mg) when using them. Actually don't take them at all.
From what I've found DXM is pretty shit regardless. I thought taking gels would eliminate the nausea and vomiting but I was miserable for the first 45 minutes until I threw up and then still a little nauseous after that.

Last edited:
I took four pills not two. I said the suggested dosage was two but that I took four. I felt very weird almost out of body. I kept thinking I was hearing and seeing things at night as well. I was also a 16 year old female probably less then 100 pounds with a fast metabolism and no previous drug use so I guess that could have affected it. I was super paranoid the whole time. Did not like it at all.

Hey coolgirl, I was just pointing out that 2 pills isn't a decent dose. Four is okay if you have never taken it before and just wanted to be tipsy, but with a metabolism like yours I can see how it could have affected you that way. I've had two near death experiences taking them though. Shit.

Anyways, I usually take Promethazine or Ondansetron to combat the nausea before I take DXM. I've only gotten sick a handful of the times I've done it. I prefer cough gels, they're easier to go down and there's way more stuff in the syrup.. but I want better dissociatives.

Oh okay, I misunderstood the post then. But yea that experience was what made me never want to get high on them again. I'm glad I didn't take more. I've read some nasty things about coricidrin. I had more at my disposal and almost took more. I was too naive back then to do research before taking drugs.

Glad to hear your okay. Two near death experiences wow that's scary.