• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Does butalbital-cafiene-apap (Fiorecet) (barbituate) cover Benzo withdrawal for 2 day

mike.vick

Bluelighter
Ran out of benzos 2 days b4 a flight and a special family member is giving me some of their fioricets for immediate discontinuation, will the barb fully substitute for benzos for a few days? Butalbital vs klonipin

Ran out of benzos 2 days b4 a flight and a special family member is giving me some of their fioricets for immediate discontinuation, will the barb fully substitute for benzos for a few days? Butalbital vs klonipin

Of course it depends on the doses/types of benzos you were taking before, and how much(mgs) Butalbital you have to replace the benzos... but in general, yes, barbiturates are commonly used to help with benzodiazepine WD.

Just be careful and wait for more advice from people on BL. I once had some kind of "incident"(panic/pain/etc.) while on a plane after I had been taking benzo's for a while. I had only been off the benzos for 32 hrs and yet they almost had to redirect and ground the plane to get me medical help. I'm glad they didn't have to because I was informed once we landed just how much $$$$$ that would have cost me. HOLY SHIT.

Ironically, the medical staff at the airport we landed at decided to give me a few 0.5mg alprazolam pills so I could take my next flight(it was a layover).

LESSON: Don't mix drugs with life threatening WD's with planes that fly at high altitudes for long periods of time.

^^^ Thank you, funny story, good lesson.

The barbs are less specific to the bzd site of the gabaA receptor I'd assume and were more general in their gaba-a action. Going from 2mg klonopin a day onto however much butalbital I need, generally up to 8 pills a day if needed for the flight.

Any other comments people?

Last edited:
^^^ Thank you, funny story, good lesson.

The barbs are less specific to the bzd site of the gabaA receptor I'd assume and were more general in their gaba-a action. Going from 2mg klonopin a day onto however much butalbital I need, generally up to 8 pills a day if needed for the flight.

8 pills of how many milligrams per pill?

Hmm...well klonopin is my favorite benzo. It, to me, gives the best medicinal and recreational effects...while at the same time it has quite a long half life.

I believe this half life will be of benefit to you, as it will take longer for the worst of the WD effects to come on. Meaning you are at less risk for seizures etc than if you had been taking alprazolam.

OK...I"M NO EXPERT....but I do believe that the Butalbital you have(enough to take 8 50mg pills a day) will help you plenty. You are still taking a risk, so be careful. I'm guessing you only get your benzos thru a doctor? Otherwise, you could just go and pick up some more before your flight.....assuming you had black market connections.

OK...I"M NO EXPERT....but I do believe that the Butalbital you have(enough to take 8 50mg pills a day) will help you plenty. You are still taking a risk, so be careful. I'm guessing you only get your benzos thru a doctor? Otherwise, you could just go and pick up some more before your flight.....assuming you had black market connections.

Way worse.. get them using the mail 8(

Way worse.. get them using the mail 8(

Oh...well I am not an "actor" in that particular arena. I have steered clear of ordering drugs online for fear of...well...the obvious.

Make sure you have backup connections/supplies before purchasing your benzos solely online. That way you won't find yourself stuck in a situation like this. Although I know that advice won't help you now...it would be good to remember in the future.

So you mean to say that you decided to start self medicating(possibly recreationally) with benzos thru an online source BEFORE you ever had the time to develop connections in the city you live? You skipped the whole "drug seeking in person" phase before you decided to make online transactions?

can't source local oddly, can get them like candy if I was at my other family's house way down south

Oh...well I am not an "actor" in that particular arena. I have steered clear of ordering drugs online for fear of...well...the obvious.

Make sure you have backup connections/supplies before purchasing your benzos solely online. That way you won't find yourself stuck in a situation like this. Although I know that advice won't help you now...it would be good to remember in the future.

So you mean to say that you decided to start self medicating(possibly recreationally) with benzos thru an online source BEFORE you ever had the time to develop connections in the city you live? You skipped the whole "drug seeking in person" phase before you decided to make online transactions?

Found some local hero to give me 3mg ativan for my flight tommorow!!

Barbs should more or less fully substitute for a benzo as they bind to the same receptor GABA-A, just another binding site (barbiturate binding site instead of benzodiazepine) and the mechanism of action is a little different, benzos are allosteric modulaturs and barbs are direct agonists

Found some local hero to give me 3mg ativan for my flight tommorow!!

Ha that's great. Local hero? The way you phrased that intrigued me. I pictured you just going up to some random person in a poor part of town and asking for drugs. LOL. Or I figured you just called all the family and friends you know who you can talk to about this and asked them for drugs....that is also hilarious to me. :)

Barbs should more or less fully substitute for a benzo as they bind to the same receptor GABA-A, just another binding site (barbiturate binding site instead of benzodiazepine) and the mechanism of action is a little different, benzos are allosteric modulaturs and barbs are direct agonists

This is what I meant by "you should wait for more advice on BL". kleinerkiffer obviously knows what he(or she - I'm not sure since I just came back to the BL community after a long 'sabbatical' and have yet to get to know the mods very well) is talking about.

He(?) seems to be supporting my theory that the barbs you have should work at keeping WD at bay. Although that prob doesn't matter anymore since you have gotten your hands on some Ativan. In that case I would take the Ativan(stick w/ benzos if you can) but still bring the Butalbital just in case. You never know. Just don't overdo it please....be SAFE.

good luck!

jB

Last edited:
I'm a he :)
And I agree that you should use the lorazepam and have the butalbital as backup
And don't combine benzos and barbs as CNS depression will increase exponentially