• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Does black seed oil potentiate dihydrocodeine and what other potentiaters do do people recommend?

Tifftifco2

Greenlighter
Hi, my tolerance to dihydrocodeine is really getting high so I'm looking for good ways to potentiate it. I'm currently taking 8 30mg tablets + 900mg gabapentin + 6 30/500mg cocodamol 😪 not good I know. So I'm looking for a safer way to take less that actually works. How does the black seed oil work? Does anyone else have good potentiaters they could advise me off. I want to try kratom to replace the opiates for a break but I cant source any and I know I'm not allowed to ask here. But is that a good idea? I have fibromyalgia and inflammatory bowel disease so I do need to take a lot of painkillers but I'm taking my complete daily dose in a morning leaving myself with only nefopam for the night as I don't have the self control to split the dose most days. I only get 8 a day so if I go over I run out and I buy the cocodamol off a friend. Any advise would be appreciated please I need some relief!

Thanks everyone!

polymath

Bluelight Crew
I guess you mean the nigella sativa oil with black seed oil. That oil seems to contain many different chemical compounds in similar amounts, and it's difficult to say which of them is responsible for the effects.

Some essential oils, including rosemary and lavender oil, have been claimed to have some effectiveness against opioid withdrawal and to potentiate the pain-relieving effect of opioids.

I have used rosemary and lavender EOs several times by inhalation with codeine to enhance the high, but I'm not sure if it only increases the intoxication and euphoria, or whether it also potentiates the analgesic effect. That combination sometimes actually gets me suddenly high enough to get me scared that I could have respiratory depression. Even natural products can have adverse effects if used in excessive amounts, though, so do this at your own risk.

There are also other natural products, including curcumin, which are claimed to prevent opiate tolerance:

Curcumin has a poor bioavailability unless it's taken with black pepper to inhibit the enzymes responsible for its metabolic breakdown.

Not sure if kratom can cause precipitated withdrawal (it's a partial mu agonist) if something like dihydrocodeine is replaced with it too quickly.

Last edited:

Tifftifco2

Greenlighter
I guess you mean the nigella sativa oil with black seed oil. That oil seems to contain many different chemical compounds in similar amounts, and it's difficult to say which of them is responsible for the effects.

Some essential oils, including rosemary and lavender oil, have been claimed to have some effectiveness against opioid withdrawal and to potentiate the pain-relieving effect of opioids.

I have used rosemary and lavender EOs several times by inhalation with codeine to enhance the high, but I'm not sure if it only increases the intoxication and euphoria, or whether it also potentiates the analgesic effect. That combination sometimes actually gets me suddenly high enough to get me scared that I could have respiratory depression. Even natural products can have adverse effects if used in excessive amounts, though, so do this at your own risk.

There are also other natural products, including curcumin, which are claimed to prevent opiate tolerance:

Curcumin has a poor bioavailability unless it's taken with black pepper to inhibit the enzymes responsible for its metabolic breakdown.

Not sure if kratom can cause precipitated withdrawal (it's a partial mu agonist) if something like dihydrocodeine is replaced with it too quickly.
Thankyou for your reply. So what would you do with the essential oils and at what stage ? Before, after gestation or something else? Do you inhale from the bottle or heat it up?

polymath

Bluelight Crew
I'd put about 10 drops in a cup and inhale the vapors without heating. Usually about 10 to 20 minutes after the codeine dose. The lavender oil is probably less likely to have harmful side effects than the rm oil.

Here's my recent thread about those aromatherapy oils: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/alpha-pinene-is-a-bzd-agonist.881325/

A more common way to potentiate opiates is to just take sedative antihistamines with them. Not sure if grapefruit juice would also lengthen the half-like of dihydrocodeine like it does with morphine.

Last edited:

Tifftifco2

Greenlighter
I'd put about 10 drops in a cup and inhale the vapors without heating. Usually about 10 to 20 minutes after the codeine dose. The lavender oil is probably less likely to have harmful side effects than the rm oil.

Here's my recent thread about those aromatherapy oils: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/alpha-pinene-is-a-bzd-agonist.881325/

A more common way to potentiate opiates is to just take sedative antihistamines with them. Not sure if grapefruit juice would also lengthen the half-like of dihydrocodeine like it does with morphine.
Thank you I have ordered some lavender oil and will try this method. I will read your thread now also.Thanks again.

polymath

Bluelight Crew
Just want to mention that using these essential oils did not show up in any way in liver function tests I had, but this does not mean that someone else couldn't have hepatotoxicity from excessive use, especially when it's the eucalyptol-containing oils.

Tifftifco2

Greenlighter
Thanks, they didn't work for me but I will keep using it seen as i bought it. Who knows!

polymath

Bluelight Crew
Thanks, they didn't work for me but I will keep using it seen as i bought it. Who knows!
Do you already use actual benzos, or alcohol, regularly? The oils probably don't have much effect if there's some tolerance to cns depressants. They did seem to lose effect if I used them too many days in a row. The lavender "trip reports" on Erowid gave an impression that some people experienced a lot of effect from it while someone else not that much.