• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Does Armageddon make Jesus rather evil?

You admire inquisitions and jihads, a genocidal prick of a god and homophobia and misogyny.

Good for you.

Regards
DL
No that is you turning my meaning around.

I clearly wrote I admire people doing good in their devotion, maybe it's your definition of good that's fucked up. I do not care what motivates them,
but many Christians for example do a lot of things. They help the elderly, kids, addicts, and much of that for free.

Do you do stuff like that? No? Then shut the fuck up, pardon my french.

I wrote it so clearly it couldn't be mistaken as anything else.
I don't know, get a dictionary or something.

No that is you turning my meaning around.

I clearly wrote I admire people doing good in their devotion, maybe it's your definition of good that's fucked up. I do not care what motivates them,
but many Christians for example do a lot of things. They help the elderly, kids, addicts, and much of that for free.

Do you do stuff like that? No? Then shut the fuck up, pardon my french.

I wrote it so clearly it couldn't be mistaken as anything else.
I don't know, get a dictionary or something.
Thanks for the list of good that Christianity does, while ignoring that they preach homophobia and misogyny against the law of the land and hold a fascist ideology.

They are traitors to society and working against the civilized world.

Regards
DL

Thanks for the list of good that Christianity does, while ignoring that they preach homophobia and misogyny against the law of the land and hold a fascist ideology.

They are traitors to society and working against the civilized world.

Regards
DL
:rolleyes:

I'm not talking about what the church does. But what PRIVATE citizens do in their PRIVATE lives using their time to help others.
Also I said: I do not care if they believe in God, or Quetzalcoatl, or Ares, or the mighty Hermaphrodite,
the thing I admire is the doing good part, that you elegantly overread, no matter how often I say it.
You have serious issues understanding English.

I'm going to pull myself out of this conversation, have a nice day

:rolleyes:

I'm not talking about what the church does. But what PRIVATE citizens do in their PRIVATE lives using their time to help others.
Also I said: I do not care if they believe in God, or Quetzalcoatl, or Ares, or the mighty Hermaphrodite,
the thing I admire is the doing good part, that you elegantly overread, no matter how often I say it.
You have serious issues understanding English.

I'm going to pull myself out of this conversation, have a nice day
Yours is like saying that you do not care how many gays and women are hurt by the vile and immoral religions we hold high.

You compare a real prick of a god to better gods.

You have a serious issue understanding morals.

Regards
DL

Genocide and mass murder are though of as harsh. Yes.

Do you give Hitler the same pass as you give Yahweh for his warning the Jews before using genocide on them?

Who creates the Armageddon if not the Jesus/Yahweh twins?

Regards
DL
Like i said my knowledge is not that good but i have read the bible twice now and still confused on many things, im not sure how hitler comes into this. I'm actually here to learn and see other peoples points of view and maybe get a better understanding. So I'm here for knowledge that can be gained not being pushed in a corner and asked about stuff i have no idea and not scared to admit it.

Like i said my knowledge is not that good but i have read the bible twice now and still confused on many things, im not sure how hitler comes into this. I'm actually here to learn and see other peoples points of view and maybe get a better understanding. So I'm here for knowledge that can be gained not being pushed in a corner and asked about stuff i have no idea and not scared to admit it.

The issue was genocide.

Hitler and Yahweh have the same genocidal mind set.

Easy dots to join.

I am pleased you are wanting to learn.

Learn the term demiurge and that Yahweh and Jesus are both genocidal. Think Armageddon.

I see that as an evil trait. You?

Regards
DL

The issue was genocide.

Hitler and Yahweh have the same genocidal mind set.

Easy dots to join.

I am pleased you are wanting to learn.

Learn the term demiurge and that Yahweh and Jesus are both genocidal. Think Armageddon.

I see that as an evil trait. You?

Regards
DL
Okay cool checked the word "demiurge" up and thank you.

My thing with hitler was he was only after one race or certain people where the whole Armageddon thing is gonna be like color and ethnic blade, so no matter what who or what you are or status and so on. You will be dealt your fair punishment, but here is now where i have a few questions to ask if you dont mind.

1. this punishment in Armageddon, like say we still alive at that time it happens. where they talk about you having to choose the mark of the beast or be beheaded and so on. And then it also says those that show there true faith and deny the mark of the beast will get a 2nd chance into heaven.

2. And now to raise another one, sorry bud. But i need to ask. There is also a passage about the worthy people just before Armageddon being taken at night up to heaven.

Sorry if this is slightly off topic. But then again i also would like to see the views of other peoples on this Armageddon thing and how is gonna look like or be like..

Thanks for the time.

Those who think they need a savior are ignoring that they have been unjustly condemned in the first place.

Ask any Christian what he or she did to earn hell and you never get a decent moral answer.

Lie enough of condemnation and fools eventually think it true, even as they cannot name their sin.

What the hell is wrong with people?

Regards
DL

You will be dealt your fair punishment,
B S.

What sin did you do to earn hell?

None and that shows the condemnation you fear to be unjust before it even starts.

There is also a passage about the worthy people just before Armageddon being taken at night up to heaven.

Does god not create us all equal?

Scriptures say we are all saved. Those of little faith ignore those passages and prefer the prick who created hell for those he created defective.

But then again i also would like to see the views of other peoples on this Armageddon thing and how is gonna look like or be like..

Moral people will reject the whole myth while immoral Christians pray for Jesus to return and use genocide once again.

Christian adore a genocidal god so Hitler must be their second favorite.

It fits, given that Christianity is a fascist religion that helped Hitler out quite a bit.

Regards
DL

Those who think they need a savior are ignoring that they have been unjustly condemned in the first place.

Ask any Christian what he or she did to earn hell and you never get a decent moral answer.

Lie enough of condemnation and fools eventually think it true, even as they cannot name their sin.

What the hell is wrong with people?

Regards
DL
This is why I don't worship humans

If by "jesus" we mean our balanced oneness... if we must destroy to create and vice versa; then evil it be (or not) - it is the same.
Everything decays to feed what comes... nothing is exempt. Our self-importance means nil.

Word.
Whos or what definition are we using here, then, please? I may be able to hold forth a bit more if I can put this concept in a perspective and in a context.
Thanks

Let me assume you are a parent.

What did you destroy when creating your children?

Jesus is not considered a balanced oneness by most. He is considered the messiah and scapegoat to be ridden into heaven by most. Jews do not even see him as a messiah. No moral person will.

If your self importance or caliber of person means nil to you, your not much of a person.

Don't get me wrong. I do not have an inflated ego, but even my poor presence in this world is important to those I share love with.

If you cannot say so, I can only offer my sympathy.

There is your context my friend, but it is one you should have thought of before your self-deprecation. A poor vice FMPOV that I seldom do.

Regards
DL

It's a methaphor, or something... The concept of armageddon was probably inspired by some mythological story.
I think it's a way of telling people not to give up when facing adversity and injustice, to be a good human being (according to judeo-christian values). It provides some relief against the chaotic nature of our universe and the uncertainty of the future - don't worry too much, God will eventually come and fix everything -.

Good and evil are relative anyway, although according to christianity God isn't evil despite the fact that he supposedly murdered thousands of people incluiding women and children (see the old testament), many of those people would be considered innocents by today's standards. He is good by definition, doesn't matter what he does or why he does it, he is always good. Which also means that those who are against him and his ideas are also automatically evil.

If one were to put christianity and religious thinking aside and read the bible as if it was just another book then it becomes quite evident that the God character shares many similarities with humans, specially ancient rulers/kings.
The things he says and does are very human-like, he is very intelligent, likes to help people who think like him, can be very emphatic at times, etc... But his ideas are also quite inconsistent (even irrational at times), he is also very biased and seems to care a lot about his legacy and the way people perceive him. He also appears to be somewhat corrupted by his own power and sometimes displays tyrannical tendencies.
It's a pretty good representation of the dualistic nature of human beings.

It's a methaphor, or something... The concept of armageddon was probably inspired by some mythological story.
I think it's a way of telling people not to give up when facing adversity and injustice, to be a good human being (according to judeo-christian values). It provides some relief against the chaotic nature of our universe and the uncertainty of the future - don't worry too much, God will eventually come and fix everything -.

Good and evil are relative anyway, although according to christianity God isn't evil despite the fact that he supposedly murdered thousands of people incluiding women and children (see the old testament), many of those people would be considered innocents by today's standards. He is good by definition, doesn't matter what he does or why he does it, he is always good. Which also means that those who are against him and his ideas are also automatically evil.

If one were to put christianity and religious thinking aside and read the bible as if it was just another book then it becomes quite evident that the God character shares many similarities with humans, specially ancient rulers/kings.
The things he says and does are very human-like, he is very intelligent, likes to help people who think like him, can be very emphatic at times, etc... But his ideas are also quite inconsistent (even irrational at times), he is also very biased and seems to care a lot about his legacy and the way people perceive him. He also appears to be somewhat corrupted by his own power and sometimes displays tyrannical tendencies.
It's a pretty good representation of the dualistic nature of human beings.
Yes, but taken to the ridiculous and satanic. No offence to Satan.

Judeo Christian thinking is neither Jewish thinking nor Christian thinking. They do not agree on many things, like Eden.
To Jews it was our elevation and to Christians it was a fall, even as they sing that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to Yahweh's plan.

IOW, to Christians, sin is good as it furthers god's plan instead of derailing it.

You should see Christians run from explaining their mental conflict.

Here is a good link if you should have the time to listen to it.

Regards
DL

All of human suffering makes god evil, unless he doesn't have the power to stop it and then he isn't god. Also Jesus's constant preaching of abandoning everything in your life and following him is not moral teaching, it's the ravings of a lunatic.

All of human suffering makes god evil, unless he doesn't have the power to stop it and then he isn't god. Also Jesus's constant preaching of abandoning everything in your life and following him is not moral teaching, it's the ravings of a lunatic.
God can't be blamed for making humans and humans aren't evil. Jesus was a human. He wasn't predicted anywhere in the Bible until he'd already been dead for 70 years in the New Testament. Jews don't believe in Jesus (or the New Testament) because they know those passages cited by Christians in Isaiah are about Israel, not a coming messiah. In Isaiah, King Ahaz is to have a son called Immanuel. This isn't another version of the name Jesus

I'm not sure what else to add here

Last edited:
God can't be blamed for making humans and humans aren't evil. Jesus was a human. He wasn't predicted anywhere in the Bible until he'd already been dead for 70 years in the New Testament. Jews don't believe in Jesus (or the New Testament) because they know those passages cited by Christians in Isaiah are about Israel, not a coming messiah. In Isaiah, King Ahaz is to have a son called Immanuel. This isn't another version of the name Jesus

I'm not sure what else to add here
I don't know how you can say god can't be blamed for making humans in the bible when he literally does. Also I never said human are inherently evil, I said evil exist, and if evil is a word you don't like then human suffering exists. Jesus is predicted in the old testament. The Old talks about a messiah. Where are you getting your info/interpretations of the Bible?