• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Does anyone see a reason why this wouldnt work?

Joey24x18

Bluelighter
I used to be a heavy cigarette smoker for years, then switched to vaping. Well fast forward a year and a half, and vaping has really hurt my ability to breathe. I constantly feel like I'm out of breath, and taking a deep breath is a struggle. I'm pretty sure I fucked myself with e cigarettes.

Im going to have to quit, but I love my nicotine. I've tried switching to nicotine gum but it doesn't really do much for me. My next option is Swedish snus, but I really want to stay as far away from real tobacco as possible. So here's my idea:

What if I make my own "snus", but without the tobacco? I'm thinking an herbal type of base, wrapped in the tea bag type material snus comes in. I would probably pick an herb with MAOI effects, such as passion flower. Throw a little flavoring on it, maybe cinnamon or mint leaves, and then soak the final product in liquid nicotine. Well maybe not soak them, but inject them with a specific amount to be safe.

I see strong snus comes in the 6-8 mg range. I have 12mg/ml vg and pg on hand. So I'd just take half a ml of liquid, and cover the herbal "snus" pouch with it.

Anybody see a reason this wouldn't work? Nicotine is nicotine right? I hope I don't somehow OD trying this Lol

If snortable tobacco like snus is what your trying to achieve this won't work in my opinion. Both vg and pg don't evaporate for shit so your gonna end up with a gooey mess of herbs and glycerin/glycol.

If your trying to make Americano style snus/snoose or whatever like the kind contained in a pouch that's administered buccaly I don't see any issue.

You would probably be best off extracting nicotine from some cheap tobacco and spraying it on your herb base much like when you spray synthetic cannabinoids on marshmallow leaf or some other medium.

Anyone see error in this logico?

wait what in the fu....
you wanna quit vaping but wanna use pg/vg to make your own concoction ?
what would be the diff? many e juices contain both or am i missing something?

If snortable tobacco like snus is what your trying to achieve this won't work in my opinion. Both vg and pg don't evaporate for shit so your gonna end up with a gooey mess of herbs and glycerin/glycol.

If your trying to make Americano style snus/snoose or whatever like the kind contained in a pouch that's administered buccaly I don't see any issue.

You would probably be best off extracting nicotine from some cheap tobacco and spraying it on your herb base much like when you spray synthetic cannabinoids on marshmallow leaf or some other medium.

Anyone see error in this logico?

Yeah like that camel snus they sell, but like an herbal version that still has nicotine. I don't want to extract it from tobacco, as I'm trying to avoid the carcinogens that come along with it. plus liquid nicotine is cheap and easily obtainable in vg and pg solutions. I have both pg and vg at 12mg strength. I'm not sure which one I'm going to try and use yet.

wait what in the fu....
you wanna quit vaping but wanna use pg/vg to make your own concoction ?
what would be the diff? many e juices contain both or am i missing something?

I want to be able to get my nicotine without inhaling pg or vg into my lungs.

what makes you think the vaping fucked you up ?

Basically, I started out with ego kits and menthol/tobacco flavor juice. I did that for a year with no problems. Then I switched to mech mods/drippers and "custard" type flavors. I subohmed for a good 5 months, usually at .2-.3ohm, and towards the end my lung function had noticeably declined. It feels like I'm always out of breath, I struggle to get a "full" breath, and my endurance has suffered due to this.

I can't say 100% it was vaping, but it seems that's what did it. I've switched back to an ego at 1.5ohm and only vape unflavored juice. But still I'm having trouble breathing on a 24/7 basis. So I think I need to quit. All in all I just hope I didn't do anything permenant. But that seems to be the case.

Basically, I started out with ego kits and menthol/tobacco flavor juice. I did that for a year with no problems. Then I switched to mech mods/drippers and "custard" type flavors. I subohmed for a good 5 months, usually at .2-.3ohm, and towards the end my lung function had noticeably declined. It feels like I'm always out of breath, I struggle to get a "full" breath, and my endurance has suffered due to this.

I can't say 100% it was vaping, but it seems that's what did it. I've switched back to an ego at 1.5ohm and only vape unflavored juice. But still I'm having trouble breathing on a 24/7 basis. So I think I need to quit. All in all I just hope I didn't do anything permenant. But that seems to be the case.

sure you dont have a bit of anxiety?
or have gone to the actual doc to have a full assessment done?

sure you dont have a bit of anxiety?
or have gone to the actual doc to have a full assessment done?

I went to the ER a while back (cheaper than going to my doctor Lol), they checked my blood oxygen level and did a chest xray. Everything came back clear, and they too told me it was all in my head. I just can't believe it. If it was an on and off thing sure. But it's been a constant every day thing from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep for 4 months now. Even on xanax or klonopin it doesn't go away.

I'm going to schedule an appointment with my real doc soon and get him to do a Pulmonary Function Test. If that comes up clear then I guess I'll have to accept that I've been having a 4 month anxiety attack. Lol.

I'm not trying to bash vaping in any way. I actually make a living selling vape equipment.

i have daily anxiety attacks/symptoms its been going on for 9 yrs on and off so yes it can be as little as 4 months
i do know the nic level can and will trigger hidden anxiety issues so to speak
when i vaped at 12 mg every so often i would hyperventilate like a son bitch not i went down to 6 mg sometimes 3mg its not as bad but i do have "diagnosed anxiety/panic disorders"
what ratio of pg to vg do you use? i quickly learned higher pg and higher nic levels intensified my anxiety levels
now i use max vg and 3 to 6 mg nic i no longer chain vape
drinking tons of water helped i also get a feel in my chest like if i was chain smoking ciggys but it quickly goes away
the gasping for air feeling a need to breath deep still lingers but i know its anxiety because once i calm down it goes away

Yeah like that camel snus they sell, but like an herbal version that still has nicotine. I don't want to extract it from tobacco, as I'm trying to avoid the carcinogens that come along with it. plus liquid nicotine is cheap and easily obtainable in vg and pg solutions. I have both pg and vg at 12mg strength. I'm not sure which one I'm going to try and use yet.

Research acid base extraction methods, tbh I don't know anything about nicotine or its polarity so take this with a grain of salt. But I'm pretty sure you could end up with pure nicotine, then weigh it and dilute it to spray on whatever. Really though if you use a natural tobacco with no additives the amount of carcinogens would be greatly reduced.

When I used to grow pot I would use extracted nicotine to kill spidermites and it didn't really harm the plants but idk.

I used to be a heavy cigarette smoker for years, then switched to vaping. Well fast forward a year and a half, and vaping has really hurt my ability to breathe. I constantly feel like I'm out of breath, and taking a deep breath is a struggle. I'm pretty sure I fucked myself with e cigarettes.

Im going to have to quit, but I love my nicotine. I've tried switching to nicotine gum but it doesn't really do much for me. My next option is Swedish snus, but I really want to stay as far away from real tobacco as possible. So here's my idea:

What if I make my own "snus", but without the tobacco? I'm thinking an herbal type of base, wrapped in the tea bag type material snus comes in. I would probably pick an herb with MAOI effects, such as passion flower. Throw a little flavoring on it, maybe cinnamon or mint leaves, and then soak the final product in liquid nicotine. Well maybe not soak them, but inject them with a specific amount to be safe.

I see strong snus comes in the 6-8 mg range. I have 12mg/ml vg and pg on hand. So I'd just take half a ml of liquid, and cover the herbal "snus" pouch with it.

Anybody see a reason this wouldn't work? Nicotine is nicotine right? I hope I don't somehow OD trying this Lol

My main concern with this method would be dosing your pouch, inserting it, and all the nicotine comes out more or less instantly, leading to puking your ass off. Guess you'll know the first time you try.

btw, I think it may be cigs (not e cigs) that wrecked your lungs before you switched, the damage was done. My mother had lung cancer 2 years ago and had smoke all her life but quit a few years before the C. Just because you stop or switch to something else doesnt mean you're in the clear.

The other thing is that chew/dips/pouches are gonna wreck your teeth/mouth pretty quickly, and tho I've never given it thought until now, I cant imagine it would help your love/sex life - I mean, the spit grosses me out as a dude who is used to nasty shit... cant imagine a woman being able to stand that.

true ^^^ better to get your lungs checked before doing anything drastic
ive yet to get mine checked out i switched to vaping after 10 yrs on medium to heavy smoking so the damage might be done already and exactly just because i switched to e cigs doesnt mean i can erase the damage i already did in those 10 yrs
once my insurance kicks in i will def use it for all its got im planning on getting everything checked out
while smoking ciggys i did not notice any type pains or anything or anything unusual
but when i switched to vaping i def felt like my lungs opened up a bit but also felt a bit sore from time to time
i talked to a doc once about that and was told e cigs well compared to cigs is a lot better but not 100% safe
was also told that after so many years of abuse to my lungs from all the cig smoke it might take time to see an improvement in lung function as 10 yrs worth of damage i cant expect my lungs to "heal" within only a yrs worth of stopping smoking them but again if i dont already have damage done

What the hells wrong with 4mg nicotine gum? or am i missing something here, dont inject anything.