• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Does anyone on bluelight have CVS? Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome?

I had this from 12 to around 16 and I'm 23 now. I use to vomit like clockwork almost every morning. Sometimes it was bile and excess stomach acid. It sucked. People tend to grow out of it but some people have it well into their adult life. Coincidentally (or maybe incidentally?) when I started smoking weed when I was 15 the symptoms started to become less of a problem and I would never vomit when I was smoking weed and the stomach pains would be less severe. Not that I'm suggesting you smoke weed for this. Like I said people do tend to grow out of it.

Just that in my experience marijuana helped me it may not help you although I did read somewhere that THC does help and that some doctors treat it with Marinol. I still get the odd incident where I vomit for no apparent reason but these incidents are few and far between. I also don't smoke weed that much anymore so I probably just grew out of it.

Also I read somewhere that morphine is actually used sometimes as treatment but I'm too sure about that.

Hope that helps.

I hadn't heard of this before. Very interesting.

http:// digestive.niddk.nih. gov/ddiseases /pubs/cvs/ (without the spaces)

"Many people can identify a specific condition or event that triggered an episode, such as an infection. Common triggers in children include emotional stress and excitement. Anxiety and panic attacks are more common triggers in adults. Colds, allergies, sinus problems, and the flu can also set off episodes in some people.
Other reported triggers include eating certain foods such as chocolate or cheese, eating too much, or eating just before going to bed. Hot weather, physical exhaustion, menstruation, and motion sickness can also trigger episodes."

What is your trigger? How severe has it been? How many months/years has this been going on? I am assuming since you say you have CVS, you have been diagnosed by a doctor? Do you also experience migranes? (the two are found to be related.) I'm also curious what, if any medications you were prescribed?

www. cvsaonline. com

www. rarediseases .org

My girlfriend has this. Shes always had stomach issues and there were times where she had to go to the ER because she couldnt stop. Shes had it the whole 2 years ive been dating her but recently got diagnosed with this. She also has alot of anxiety and i believe thats her trigger. She does get migranes sometimes. I dont know its hard for me to explain it. It starts as a small episode and then it just doesnt stop until shes in unbearable pain. When she goes to the ER they give her zofran and toradol, not to be confused with tramadol. Both are IV and actually seem to provide her with instant relief. Its funny we have been shooting dope for about 3 months and last time she went, about 2 weeks ago, she turned down IV morphine because the heroin didnt help. Like i said i dont know much about it its just so painful to watch her.

This thread is dead but I have this and I have had it since I was 8 months old. I have had probably 300 hospital stays in my lifetime, I also had hyperemesis gravidarum when I was pregnant with my daughters. It is hell and I have been on TPN, I've had a central line, 4 PICC lines, God they've gone in my neck to get an IV like 10 times now. Cyclic vomiting fucking sucks, since I was 15 I started getting 90 of the 1mg Klonopins a month and they were the ONLY thing that would help with my nausea. At around 27 28 I started abusing them and taking way too many and getting fuuuuuucked up. I can't take them anymore, when I went to rehab I told my doctor I was abusing my Adderall and Klonopin, I can never take either of them again which sucks.
When I'm in the hospital for my CVS, which lately has been a lot, they give me IV Ativan but it only makes my nausea like 50% better. For the first time a medicine is giving me relief and it's Amitriptyline aka Elavil. I'm telling you, I've tried COQ10, friggin, vitamin B supplements, CBD, scopolamine, promethazine SUPPOSITORIES (those ones you put up your ass !), Mirtazipine, reglan, zofran, Diclegus, I have tried so much different things and nothing has helped but Elavil. Marijuana helps but it only stops the puking and calms me down, when I am sick and I am in a scalding hot shower my nausea goes completely away. So I will stay in the shower for long ass periods which is weird.
If anyone that is reading this has cyclic vomiting syndrome or knows someone who has it I urge you to try Elavil. The stuff is a miracle drug for CVS!! I feel like I have my life back!!

Thank you so much for sharing your story @Agentahna , that is pretty hectic. I'm so glad you found something that helps though! <3