• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Does anyone know the weight of a kadian pill?

Branggen

Bluelighter
I heard 20 of the identical beads weigh around 30mg, Im just trying to find out what percent is morphine or better how many beads go into whatever dosage of pill so someone could dose them. "Kadian SR capsules contain morphine sulfate in identical polymer-coated, SR pellets"

Last edited:
It has been a long time since I had Kadian. The best way to dose/split one of those would be:

1. dump all beads into a shot glass
2. crush the beads until well powdered, the butt end of a small screw driver works pretty well.
3. add 1ml of water for every 60mg of morphine.
4. Allow to sit for about 15 minutes to one hour, stir now and again to agitate and squeeze beads to help release any morphine that is stuck to them (syringe plunger works well for this). Do not add heat it's not needed and will allow the wax from the beads to end up in the solution.
5. Draw up with oral syringe and dose orally or rectally

This will make the morphine instant release and allow you to split the dose if you want. 0.5ml would be equal to 30mg assuming you started with 60mg of material and follow the rule of 1ml of water to 60mg of morphine. I'm quoting this off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure 60mg is the max amount 1ml of water can hold. I always added 0.3ml extra to account for the wax/beads as they absorb some water. I also drank the beads by adding extra water to the shot glass after I'd taken my dose. I used Kadians as a source for morphine for about a year and always plugged/boofed them. Kadians are easy to work with and one of the easier morphine preparations commonly prescribed to work with.

Counting the beads isn't a good idea because they vary in size. Kadiens are designed to be an ER medication so the beads hold different amounts of morphine and are designed to release the morphine at different rates. Even if you decide not to use the water method you should crush the beads if you want IR morphine. If you take them as is be aware that you'll be dosing an ER medication and might not get the effect that you're looking for. As always opioids are easy to get addicted to so be careful with these.

Do not snort morphine as it's a waste. Rectal is the best ROA excluding needles. Oral works well but requires a lot of material to reach a nod when compared to rectal. If you're going to IV make sure you have a wheel filter and use proper technique. A friend of mine nearly lost his arm to shooting up Kadiens without properly filtering them and they're a lot cleaner than most ER morphine tablets.

Happy nods.

Last edited:
It has been a long time since I had Kadian. The best way to dose/split one of those would be:

1. dump all beads into a shot glass
2. crush the beads until well powdered, the butt end of a small screw driver works pretty well.
3. add 1ml of water for every 60mg of morphine.
4. Allow to sit for about 15 minutes to one hour, stir now and again to agitate and squeeze beads to help release any morphine that is stuck to them (syringe plunger works well for this). Do not add heat it's not needed and will allow the wax from the beads to end up in the solution.
5. Draw up with oral syringe and dose orally or rectally

This will make the morphine instant release and allow you to split the dose if you want. 0.5ml would be equal to 30mg assuming you started with 60mg of material and follow the rule of 1ml of water to 60mg of morphine. I'm quoting this off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure 60mg is the max amount 1ml of water can hold. I always added 0.3ml extra to account for the wax/beads as they absorb some water. I also drank the beads by adding extra water to the shot glass after I'd taken my dose. I used Kadians as a source for morphine for about a year and always plugged/boofed them. Kadians are easy to work with and one of the easier morphine preparations commonly prescribed to work with.

Counting the beads isn't a good idea because they vary in size. Kadiens are designed to be an ER medication so the beads hold different amounts of morphine and are designed to release the morphine at different rates. Even if you decide not to use the water method you should crush the beads if you want IR morphine. If you take them as is be aware that you'll be dosing an ER medication and might not get the effect that you're looking for. As always opioids are easy to get addicted to so be careful with these.

Do not snort morphine as it's a waste. Rectal is the best ROA excluding needles. Oral works well but requires a lot of material to reach a nod when compared to rectal. If you're going to IV make sure you have a wheel filter and use proper technique. A friend of mine nearly lost his arm to shooting up Kadiens without properly filtering them and they're a lot cleaner than most ER morphine tablets.

Happy nods.

From what I read the beads are all identical and release morphine at a slow rate via small pores as opposed to having beads which break apart at different rates as I know many other extended release pills have. Here's a copy of the info on kadians from the website I linked in the first post:

"Kadian SR capsules contain morphine sulfate in identical polymer-coated, SR pellets; the product does not contain an immediate-release component. The pellets are similar in general structure to the ER beads in Avinza. However, their polymer coating consists of an insoluble ethylcellulose base along with polyethylene glycol (PEG) and a methacrylic acid copolymer. Both the PEG and methacrylic acid copolymer are water-soluble, but the water solubility of the methacrylic acid copolymer is pH-dependent. In the acidic pH of the stomach, the PEG component of the polymer coating dissolves and immediately creates pores that allow GI fluid to enter the pellets and dissolve the morphine sulfate, which can then diffuse and be absorbed into the body. As only the PEG component can dissolve at that point, the pores are relatively small, limiting drug diffusion. However, this does allow for some drug to be absorbed quickly into the body. As the pellets enter and move through the intestines, the pH of the GI environment continues to increase, and the methacrylic acid copolymer begins to dissolve as the PEG continues its dissolution. This increases the number and size of the pores in the polymer coating, which increases the rate of morphine release."

Also, I only have the beads no capsules which is why im trying to find out the pill weights as to know how much one would be dosing if you say took 100mg worth of beads.

I take several 100mg kadian per month, crush them in a mortar and pestle, swallow and itll hit in 20-40minutes and last quite awhile..fun fact i nod better on kadian than heroin

Still wondering if anyone has a kadian and a scale and could give me the weight of it, Ive looked for many hours online and haven't found anything on the pill weights. I just want to find out what weight of the beads would be equivalent to any mg size of pill, so that when I weigh some beads out I know the dosage. I need this info because I plan on tapering

So i got carries and now know that each kadian pellet is about 1/3 a mg of morphine (Their are aprox. 30 pellets in a 10mg capsule) if anyone ever needs to know