• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids does anyone else think opiates have other health benefits besides just pain relief

morphineoxysbenzos

Bluelighter
I think opiates are like weed with multiple uses instead of just pain management. For me opiates feel really therapeutic and take a ton of stress off my shoulders and it just feels really tranquil and uplifting. I see how it helps for pain but I think there's a mental aspect to where it's just really clear headed and relaxed and I can enjoy things more. I don't like the whole concept of "opiates are only good for a broken leg". I have ptsd and if I use opiates with some weed I feel a ton of relief and I can just rest my head down at night whereas weed alone might just give me more anxiety and make me feel worse.

A lot of plant medicines have multiple uses but it seems like with opiates we just automatically demonize them and say its for cancer patients and broken bones only. I think part of the reason is we started synthesizing them to make way them more powerful which I think was the downfall. I mean not using them every single day obviously but just a once in awhile thing but I feel like everyone is going to have a horror story and tell me I'm wrong lol.

The biggest difference is between recreative and pain related taking of opoids.

Atm i am in pain, it was severe a few days ago. A dose that would normally, recreative, would feel uneasy. Nodding and itching. Is easy tolerated now that i have actual pain. The euphoric effects i normally experience are almost nullified. probably due to the pain that that the o-DSMT is covering leaves almost no room for the feeling good part. In others word they do precisely what they are supposed to do when i take in physical pain. And the side effects are way less pronounced.

Could be that i react atypical but they seem almost like different drugs.

Yes, opium is a bona fide plant medicine with more than just pain relieving capabilities. However, it is probably the most addictive plant, even its natural form. However, I do agree with you that the creation of synthetic opiates or extracted morphine has made opiates far more addictive and deadly.

If people smoked opium instead of taking heroin or pharmies, fatal overdoses would be rare events.

While it is true that opiates/opioids can be highly addictive, the vast majority of users are not addicts.
It's a bit like alcohol. Alcoholism is a very serious condition, but most people can drink in moderation with little or no harmful effects — and perhaps some benefits.

Oxycodone HCL is the BEST anti-depressant I’ve Ever had the pleasure of taking. No other opioid came even remotely close, IV Hydromorphone, H, Morphine, Methadone, etc.

a Brompton Cocktail would be my last meal

Oxycodone had a euphoric warmth, alert & sociable, zero stress or negative energy, like being transformed into a 7 year old kid the night before Christmas, all warm and cozy beside a crackling fireplace, too excited to sleep because Santa is coming :)

The biggest difference is between recreative and pain related taking of opoids.

Atm i am in pain, it was severe a few days ago. A dose that would normally, recreative, would feel uneasy. Nodding and itching. Is easy tolerated now that i have actual pain. The euphoric effects i normally experience are almost nullified. probably due to the pain that that the o-DSMT is covering leaves almost no room for the feeling good part. In others word they do precisely what they are supposed to do when i take in physical pain. And the side effects are way less pronounced.

Could be that i react atypical but they seem almost like different drugs.
Yup when you're injured youre basically numb to the effects of medicine in extreme pain. I get extreme nausea and weed normally gets stoned me off my ass but I just keep smoking to relieve my stomach and don't feel anything else.

i didnt found opioids particulary antidepressive but at the right dose they might be useful as anti anxiety medication..

High dose Suboxone is great for turning your shit into concrete

that is even the case with lower doses like 0,5-1mg, never experienced such an inhibition of bowel movement with any opioid. bupre is extreme in this regard.

Etizolam is great to mix with painkillers lol, a less sedating version of Xanax

This is my current cocktail… all tablets pulverized into powder and is diluted in few ounces of pineapple juice, liquid Etizolam added into juice. Quick shot down the hatch….then make a potent 3 oz Jin cocktail and enjoy with a Belmont as I await the onset of pleasure lol :p (the Ritalin IR is sometimes substituted with Dexedrine IR 10/15mg)

Methadone 80mg
Methylphenidate IR 25mg
Etizolam 0.5mg
Gabapentin 300mg
Cannabis 5mg Indica THC/CBD jel cap
Ethanol / Jin 3.oz in Ginger Ale
Belmont king size fresh cigarette

I would love to have an unlimited supply of 100% pure pharmaceutical grade:

Oxycodone hcl,
Diacetylmorphine hcl
Hydromorphone
Desoxyn
Dexedrine
Focalin
Phenmetrazine
Alprazolam
Diazepam
Etizolam
Clonazepam
Cocaine hcl 100% pure pharma grade
MDMA
Ketamine hcl

Last edited:
Yes, opium is a bona fide plant medicine with more than just pain relieving capabilities. However, it is probably the most addictive plant, even its natural form. However, I do agree with you that the creation of synthetic opiates or extracted morphine has made opiates far more addictive and deadly.

If people smoked opium instead of taking heroin or pharmies, fatal overdoses would be rare events.
i eat opium, i prefer that, buprenorphine, or kratom, i always know how high ill get, theres never any guesswork

Opiods are rather well known by many for their anti-depressant qualities, for sure, which has much to do with their MOA. But, there is no getting around the physical dependence aspect of using them regularly and the pending nightmare that will eventually be presented to you if you use them regularly. So regardless of their perceived utility, it becomes a risk-reward equation, like anything else. Working with people suffering with issues related to opiate use, and knowing that getting dependant on them leaves no one unscathed, I would always recommend to folks that avoiding them is a far better option. I understand the desire to diminish depressive symptoms, but again, a cost-benefit analysis demonstrates the rather significant risks associated with using opiates for such relief. In the end, it becomes about supply, for example. At some point, you will be faced with having no access or reduced access to such compounds, which is when the nightmare really begins in earnest. There is no such thing as a lifetime supply, of course. That is just a fantasy.

Last edited:
Ketamine hcl

Ketamine is last on your list lol, that's my favourite, well when it's not bashed and cut yo shite like it's been on UK since lockdown

But I loved Oxy when I tried them on a ten day binge too so that's on the list, oramorph was nice but a bit to stimulating but relaxing and got rid of anxiety too,

I know it's not a painkiller but clonazepam makes me high like an upper and I loose my inhibitions and buy random crap off the Internet like inflatable seagulls, I like seagulls okay, but they scared my cat so are hidden away in a cupboard, oh the stuff I've done on clonazepam that seemed a good idea at the time, not quite as bad as I was on pregabalin by far, and they didn't help sleep even though clonazepam a benzo, I seem to reach for a pill to help me but the pills only help for so long, tapering yet again for me

Zapain I was taking for few days recently for actual pain makes wake.up the next day with a headache tramadol used to do that yoo, used to like tramadol and not got just for pain for anxiety and mood lift, don't like them now they maker jittery and on edge

So yeah Opioids are definitely not just for pain, and I have fibromyalgia, so along with helping the pain I'm popping them for anxiety relief too, or I was and to just fucking escape myself and shut my fucking head up

Ketamine is last on your list lol, that's my favourite, well when it's not bashed and cut yo shite like it's been on UK since lockdown

But I loved Oxy when I tried them on a ten day binge too so that's on the list, oramorph was nice but a bit to stimulating but relaxing and got rid of anxiety too,

I know it's not a painkiller but clonazepam makes me high like an upper and I loose my inhibitions and buy random crap off the Internet like inflatable seagulls, I like seagulls okay, but they scared my cat so are hidden away in a cupboard, oh the stuff I've done on clonazepam that seemed a good idea at the time, not quite as bad as I was on pregabalin by far, and they didn't help sleep even though clonazepam a benzo, I seem to reach for a pill to help me but the pills only help for so long, tapering yet again for me

Zapain I was taking for few days recently for actual pain makes wake.up the next day with a headache tramadol used to do that yoo, used to like tramadol and not got just for pain for anxiety and mood lift, don't like them now they maker jittery and on edge

So yeah Opioids are definitely not just for pain, and I have fibromyalgia, so along with helping the pain I'm popping them for anxiety relief too, or I was and to just fucking escape myself and shut my fucking head up
i have fibromyalgia too, which is wierd, because im 26 and a male, and its rare in that demographic.
I find that physical exercise helps more than anything else, including drugs