• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Does anyone else have the tendency to get *less* paranoid on meth?

PuffinMuffins

Greenlighter
So I've gotten paranoid coming down off meth, but not many times and only after at least 3+ days up. I've noticed I get the most paranoid when I actually haven't done much meth considering how long I've been up, which makes me think its more the sleep deprivation than the meth messing with my head. For instance (and yeah I know my tolerance is pretty low) I recently did about 1.5 grams over the course of 4 days of no sleep and experienced no paranoia, just some very light agitation upon coming down, comparable to a heavy smoker "needing" a cigarette. However once I did about .30-.50 gram over the course of 3 days of no sleep and got super paranoid, for me anyway. No "the cia is after me, rip all the wires out of the walls!" Paranoia, but just "that girl looks like she's following me, how do I look, I probably look really obvious tone it down girl- holy shit she's looking at me play it cool" type paranoia.

However off meth, having not done it for weeks (so obviously not coming down), I have the tendency to be pretty paranoid, or at least hypervigilant and suspicious. But on meth I have the tendency to "calm down" about my suspicions. Though meth does also speed me up, it seems to calm down certain parts of my thinking and give me focus and the ability to be more rational because my thoughts are less disorganized. And the paranoia coming down off meth, I can handle and generally pretty easily blow off, unlike my sober paranoia.

Does anyone else have this experience? I know I might sound like an addiction making excuses for why meth is so super healthy for me to do lol, but tbh though I do love meth I've always been an opiate girl. Generally after day two of of a meth binge I don't even want to try to maintain or chase the high, I'd kinda rather just go to sleep. The 3-4 day stuff is really just when I simply can't sleep and need to be functional for work.

When i'm on meth i tend to look around a lot, but it's not out of paranoia, rather taking an interest in my surroundings.

My buddy who's an addict was so paranoid before we shot up that we waited 15 minutes in the graveyard just because he heard a squirrel. Then we shot up and he was like yelling.

Not paranoid today, paranoid and edgy tomorrow, high as balls the next day with not a worry in the world...

It begs the question, do we like meth because our dopamine is dysregulated or is our dopamine dysregulated because we have abused meth. And is the balance somewhere in the middle or is it abstinence.

I have to agree with what you said. we do happen to just be more aware of our surroundings while on meth. not exactly paranoia it kinda strikes me more as curiosity.

I would get ballsy on it. Fearless. Could do anything. Ubermensch type drug to me.

I’m more anxious sober :|

Never hallucinated or had paranoia/panic from meth.