• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Does anybody actually Enjoy Diphenhydramine??

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I've found easily 80-90% negative - or at best indifferent - experience reports on both here and Erowid. It seems quite a niche group of people that like it enough to repeat the experience
I always have DPH around because I have allergies that give me severe skin itching and cannot take the non-sedating anti-histamines with some meds I take.

I've only taken a high-dose twice before. Once 1175mg (with vodka and a LOT of other pills during a suicide attempt - obviously I remember nothing) and once 300mg with 375mg DXM which I enjoyed.

I was thinking of taking 300ish mg tonight, but is it worth trying?

I think it's pretty much only nice with DXM, that's my only experience with it. I agree everyone seems to hate it and I tend to think they're right as even with the DXM I could tell how weird that shit was.

I only like it for helping with DXM or opiate use. (Legal opiate use only, for me.) and even then, delirium isn't supposed to be fun... it's make's you see TRUE hallucinations, most of which are typically scary as hell! not to mention it doesn't make you drowsy at those dosages, it keeps you up, in my experiences.

Thank you for asking :)!
OkayGift.

Don't see how anyone could enjoy it. It's probably the only high I haven't experienced and I have no desire to. Like why would I want to put myself through that delirium and suffer. Sounds pretty pointless if you ask me. There's a good reason why a lot of those reports are by high school kids who don't know any better and trying anything to get high. I'm sure you also read the majority of them don't repeat the experience.

I used to use diphenhydramine daily.

I would use 125-150 mg + 50 mg every 4-6 hours not exceeding 300 mg per day.

I would strongly recommend you not take more than 200 mg of dph at once or you might experiance very uncomfortable effects.

I tried it in excessive amounts when in heroin withdrawal. I didnt know at the time what i was in for. In addition to full blown wds unable to move on the bathroom floor; watching task forces repeatedly kicking my door in.
Needless to say, I havent felt the desire to try it again.

It seems quite a niche group of people that like it enough to repeat the experience

And I would say 80-90% of that niche group are children, or at least people who have very limited experience with actual recreational drugs.

No, its not worth trying.

No. Nobody likes it (except maybe, as stated- kids who don't know any better and/or no experience with drugs). And no, it's not worth trying.

It's a hellish, terrible, awful experience. No idea how or why you're even interested- unless It's just all grandma has in her medicine cabinet lol.

-PA

I used to really enjoy the feeling of 50-75mg of diphenhydramine. Anymore than that and the effects are not fun. IMO.

No. Nobody likes it (except maybe, as stated- kids who don't know any better and/or no experience with drugs). And no, it's not worth trying.

It's a hellish, terrible, awful experience. No idea how or why you're even interested- unless It's just all grandma has in her medicine cabinet lol.

-PA

Haha, no lol. I'm interested in it because I always enjoy trying out new drugs. Also, I was out of pretty much everything and in a "anything is better than being sober" mood.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I took the advice and decided trying the DPH.

I think diphenidramine is only for use to treat allergy and as sedative but never in doses that turns it hallucinogenic because is a delirium with hallucinations which you believe real and can be dangerous for finally doesn't enjoy nothing. Delirants are useless drugs that can be dangerous and can make you pass a very bad experience

Not any day would i touch DPH over any other drug but i've had fun with it before

I think is better to use diphenidramine for allergy and sedation and for a trip take LSD, mushrooms, Sanpedro, Salvia divinorum or HBWR seeds

I ate too much once and saw ants crawling around my floor that were not there. It works well with opiates. Some people like it, but it isn't the most healthy. Pay attention to how you feel. You will dose better that way.

I notice that if I take a couple hundred mg a night, for 3-4 nights in a row for MS side effect mitigation, it really makes be slow and blunt when I try to recall things or perform memory intensive tasks. Esp so if I'm also using Gabapentin/ Carisopradol or another GABAergic med like Phenibut.

Although I've never taken enough to be delirious I can see the appeal. It's the appeal not of an immediately rewarding experience but the appeal of an unfamiliar state of mind that you can't ever truly understand unless you've been there. Isn't that what drove most of us here in the first place?

I think the main problem with DPH is actually it's body load. It's quite hard on the heart and generally gives you all sorts of nasty side effects. If you could cut these out and have a pure delirium experience I would probably try it on the condition that I had a good sitter with me. Hell I've had ambien induced delirium and I found it absolutely fascinating even if I wouldn't repeat it because of the high probably of doing something stupid while incoherent.

Hmm...
It’s a somewhat strange topic because during the period you’re delirious in, you don’t really know you’re delirious (hence, delerium), so for me at least it’s hard to have an opinion on. During most of it, everything felt really normal. In the brief period where I was hallucinating but not mentally delerious yet, I found everything I saw absolutely hilarious. I cracked up watching my bed inflate and deflate, shit was funny.
In the end, though most of the memories are gone because of DPH’s mind wiping, from the notes and funny shit I wrote while on it I’d honestly repeat it. I found the couch-sinking cotton mouthed slowness to be pretty relaxing, and the hallucinations mind-boggling.

I’d really like to try it with DXM from hearing stories about that combo, but the negative physical effects from both combined would wreck me. I wish DPH wasn’t so physically tolling, by the day after it I could literally hear my heartbeat.

Anything over 50-100 mg. to settle my stomach or help me fall asleep makes me very uncomfortable. Restless legs, nausea, feeling jumpy, etc.

Many years ago I tried doses up to about 300 mg. to "trip out" and always ended up squirming in bed for hours, praying for it to end and cursing myself for putting my body and mind through such an ordeal.

So I think a consensus has been arrived upon. If you are novelty seeking, go right ahead, you may regret it. If you are looking for more than a novelty, best to avoid.