• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Does an empty stomach matter when you're IVing?

siq

Bluelighter
I know when u do drugs on an empty stomach the effects are far greater, I know this from experience. But I was wondering if the same goes for when you shoot the drugs? I thought maybe it doesn't matter since its going straight into the blood stream.... Or am I missing the point?

I thought maybe it doesn't matter since its going straight into the blood stream

You're correct.

Plugging and snorting is the same too - because you're not absorbing the drugs through your stomach it doesn't matter what it contains.

Yeah because I just ate a full meal for dinner then shot heroin right after and it didnt really effect it. I got high the same way I would on an empty stomach... But I know with any other method it would of decreased the effect big time.

haha funny u say that. I've been puking my guts up the last hour.

aww bud, now i feel bad. I didn't take you for a puker. ha. I hope you feel better man, I'd recommend cannabis for anti-nausea and to balance out the CNS scales a bit.

haha funny u say that. I've been puking my guts up the last hour.

benadryl helps I used to find, and yea cannabis like tricomb said is also pretty good for mitigating nausea caused by opiates.

Bong hits +Ondansetron / Zofran (if the nausea is really severe), or as pbuilder said, something like diphenhydramine or hydroxyzine or meclizine or another antihistamine.

aww bud, now i feel bad. I didn't take you for a puker. ha. I hope you feel better man, I'd recommend cannabis for anti-nausea and to balance out the CNS scales a bit.
Well as u read in my other post, I'm sick because I added in meth. Never should of done that...

And I cant smoke weed, makes me too anxious.