• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does age diminish your high?

I've had the opposite experience (I'm 50 years young) and seem to have developed a reverse-tolerance. I used to be able to smoke myself blue in the face off some very potent weed; now I take one or two hits and it turns me into a full-blown space cadet!
:)

"Full-blown space cadet!" That was amusing :D LOL thank you.

I am 39 years old and uh... i don't get high like i used to, anymore. I think it is because of my mental health problems.

I'm curious about whether old fart bluelighters still feel the magic when they choof up. By that I mean smoking a spliff or bong and not some of the other derivatives I'm not savvy with. I'm in my mid sixties and been a steady recreational smoker for nearly 50 years. From $30 (per ounce!) bags of dubious vegetative matter in the '70's to $400 bags of high-end bud and plenty in-between. I've very rarely not had some close at hand. But I have noticed over the last few years that the duration of effect is diminishing and I generally feel a short-lived kind of wasted rather than buoyant and high. I have imprint moments of highs that were clearly next level, but these days that's rare. Any other older folk having similar issues?

I find that the older I get, the more I appreciate weed. Its the only drug I've found that seems to get better and better...