• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Does a drug being genotoxic mean your definitely getting cancer from taking it regulr

I swallowed 20 grams of this shit today with no effect.

I think you've been making a big deal over nothing cause unless I'm doing something wrong this stuff isn't effective.

I know that there are obviously old accounts of it being mind altering so maybe I took it wrong, maybe I should have made a tea and not just swallowed the powder in a spoon with water as if it were Kratom or maybe I needed to take even more etc....

But with you saying that 10-20 grams is an average to strong dose I'd have thought 20 grams would have done SOMETHING...

I took another 10 grams just now making that 30 grams over the course of 4 1/2 hours and still haven't felt anything so I suspect if I don't feel anything within the next hour that I'm not going to.

OP: Don't you think it'd have made more sense to buy this stuff and just try it ONCE and see if it did anything AT ALL before worrying for MONTHS on end about what harm it MIGHT be able to do to you IF you took it regularly??

Like, no offense cause I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder as well but I seem to have mine a bit more under control these days, but nevertheless, you could've just bought it for VERY cheap (mine only cost $10), tried and got ZERO effect or no serious effect, then decided not to try it again so all the worrying was for no reason.

Only if you'd tried it and actually LIKED it and wanted to take it frequently would your concerns of what harm it MIGHT POSSIBLY do be of any significance.

But so far I'm lumping this stuff in with the many other ineffective herbs I've tried that have done little to nothing.

It's too bad really but you have to figure that out of all the legal herbs/drugs out there the majority of them DON'T really work (not including all these crazy RC psychedelics and benzos that people have tried or that Shulgin made which I dont' have the gumption to try right now...)

Kratom really DOES seem to be the diamond in the rough.

That and Salvia are the only legal drugs (well i guess nitrous and Indian Warrior as well) that ever really did much for me.

Some substances take some work to tease out their best effects.

Ethnobotanicals are not all tidy like pharmaceuticals in that they werent created solely to be ingested so its only natural you have to do a little work to find out if they have any good effects or not. Though I do agree most are junk but you still should give something a good go, using different parameters, before writing it off I think cos who knows if you are writing off another kratom too soon.

Genotoxicity is nothing to be ignored, but I think the biggest risk factors are to those who are pregnant.

Are you saying genotocity in general or specifically with this substance. I presume the former.

I mean ofc it shouldnt be ignored if something definitely does cause genotoxicity. From what I read of mulungu they are saying maybe it does at some doses with some parts of the plant so alot of wild cards in the equation.

I wasn't talking about mulungu or whatever, just any substance with genotoxic properties. Genotoxins aren't the same things as Mutagens, although all mutagens all genotoxic, it's not true for the inverse.

Thalidomide. Hexavalent Chromium. Tobacco products, etc

I bought some yesterday and got it today but again I couldnt bring myself to take it and immeidately threw it away. Im gonna abandom this until there might come a time they can say conclusively whether or not its genotoxic.

I just cant have a clear conscoience knowing that something might be genotoxic because any time I would take it I would worry acutely about whether it is sowing the seeds for cancer.

It could be like comfrey which also has a long history of traditional use but has those nasty Pyrrolizidine alkaloids.

I wouldnt have worried were there NO studies on it but fact is there are some so I cant ignore the info.

I wouldnt agree with your idea myco about take it once to see if you like it because to me it has to pass the health test first. Since it would be something Id be wanting to take several times a week like kratom, but until that has passed satisfactorily then I wont want to venture further.

The search for a safe anxiolytic goes on :(