View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Doc + mdma?

Axed

Bluelighter
I'm going to a Deadmau5 show next week, and I'm excited as fuck. I currently have one pill, and a large supply of DOC. Now from having taken the same press in the past, I know that it's a good roll when I take two. But I only have one, and I don't think I will be able to find any more before the show.
So I've had this conflict of whether or not I should take some DOC hours before, and then pop the pill right before I go into the venue.

Basically what I'd like to hear about some experiences from people who have done this combo, as well as any possible interactions. Any advice will be accepted, really, in order to help me make this decision.

Thanks BL!

I've never tried it, but i imagine it would be similar to candyflipping. However if you only take one roll and it wears off during the show and the DOC is still in effect, the comedown combined with the effects of the DOC won't very pleasant.

I wouldn't do it.

The DOx's are not as friendly to combinations as LSD/2C's/trypts. I know of a couple of physically dangerous reactions (siezures, worrisome vasoconstriction) from MDMA + DOI - It's not clear how high the incidence of such reactions is, though - and DOI is all around less friendly than DOC.
Still, I would probably avoid this combination - get some acid/2C-whatever (but not 2C-T-x)/shrooms/etc if you want to mix a psyche with MDMA, and stay on the safe side.

I would _ABSOLUTELY NOT_ take this combination unless I was experienced with DOC, and able to be very certain about dosage. DOC is not a psychedelic to trifle with, and you want to be certain you'll be able to handle the trip (dose lower than you would if you weren't taking the MDMA, too).

If you do it, you would want to dose the DOC well before the MDMA.

As long as the timing is right I say do it for science. 3mgs down the hatch 5 hours pre-roll should be interesting to say the least.

I found that most of my DOC experience felt like a strong roll (until I smoked some bud, which definitely brought out a lot more visuals), so I thought that it would combine well with e.

QuasiModo, that's pretty much what I was planning in terms of timing. Although I'm not sure if 3mgs might be too much?

I have a friend who finds DOC uninteresting in sub 8mg dosages, YMMV. You're going to be at an event correct? 3mgs DOC/1 roll isn't exactly an epic dosage; I think you'll fare well. If you're uncomfortable with 3 maybe 1.5? Entirely up to you, I don't think this particular combo runs you the risk of feeling underwhelmed ;) so maybe don't go so big with the DOC. That all really depends on your personal taste and how ballsy you're feeling. I was considering a DOC/2c-b combo for my birthday so I'm interested to hear how your experiment goes. Good luck.

My experience with DOC previously was 3-3.5mgs, but that was vaguely underwhelming, so maybe I should go with that dose again. It's just that I have to take a bus ride into NYC for the venue (and I'm going to be the only one of my friends tripping/rolling), so I don't want to be supremely fucked up or otherwise uncomfortable.

As long as the pill isn't cut with anything speedy there shouldn't be a problem.. Probably won't be exactly healthy but who's to say it wouldn't be rewarding? Locally pure MDMA pills are said to be cut with downers by the unknowledgeable as they lack the methy stimulation that ravers become shockingly accustomed to. So long as both doses are sensible it doesn't seem like either substances have caused enough health concerns in others to merit a threat.. We are talking about two average doses.

From my experiences with this press, I didn't find it very speedy. It was actually pretty drawn-out and more lovey than anything, so I'm assuming they're not cut with much.