Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(DOC 3mg/2C-P 6mg/2c-C 11mg) - 2nd time - Psychedelic holiday

Whitefox

Bluelighter
I don't get much time for indulging in the psychedelics these days. Having a young daughter puts paid to weekends of what can best be described as selfish soul searching. Anyway, my wife and daughter being away for ten days gave me the opportunity to test a few as yet untried (for me) substances.

A little about my history: I am now 41 and like a lot of people I did most of my experimenting in my late teens and early twenties. I was always more attracted to psychedelics and consumed a fair quantity of acid (about 100 trips I guess). Despite being a teenager during the heady days of the summer of love (part 2! In the late eighties) I was never drawn to MDMA, or stimulants. I found my place with pot and smoked it daily for about ten years.

Given the short amount of time with which I had to play with my new substances, I felt compelled to take a few at once. DOC I had used for the first time five days previous (2mg). I have tested the 2C-C a couple of weeks before and found it a pleasant and easy ride. I had also taken 2C-E (8mg plugged) three days prior, topped up with 10mg 4-HO-MET. Additionally, I had taken a further 20mg 4-HO-MET two days before. So, some tolerance is probably evident!

i have been taking arginine and magnesium for the past few days. Setting is alone in my house, with my bedroom set up with everything I need.

The timeline of this trip is as follows:

T+0 3mg DOC on blotters taken sublingual
T+6:00 3mg 2C-P plugged
T+10:00 11mg 2C-C plugged
T+13:00 3mg 2C-P plugged

Having spent a couple of hours preparing, I place the DOC blotters under my tongue, feeling the sharp taste immediately. I then set about drawing up some spotify playlists and rolling some joints as I expect this will be somewhat chaotic later. I then settle down to read the paper.

T+1:10 some minor shifting starting to appear at the corner of my vision. Probably a + at this point. Continue to set up playlists. Started by listening to Hunky Dory by David Bowie; an old favourite from my acid days!

T+1:53 ++ I can still focus on task at hand! but much easier to drift off now. Visuals starting to creep further in and the keys are wobbly whilst typing. There is always a feeling of apprehension with drugs during the comeup phase: have I taken too much for example? DOC, due to the lengthy comeup seems quite an easy transition. You are given time to slowly immerse yourself in the psychedelic waters; rather akin to easing gently into a cold swimming pool. Substances like 4-HO-MET on the other hand are more like jumping straight in; if you are inexperienced and take a high end dose you may be initially overwhelmed.

T+2:53 ++/+++. Switched to listening to Timeless by Goldie. I find it an awesome album with the deep baseline and complicated drum overlays really serving to synergies the growing visuals. DOC seems like many of the other phenethylamine in that it delivers in waves. One minute things can seem fairly normal (albeit with coloured outlines around everything) and the next I'm tripping nicely with textures crawling. I have a very trippy adidas tracksuit by Jeremy Scott which I am wearing; even when straight it appears to have a purple or green hue depending on how the material catches the light. In addition, it has three striped down the arms and legs which are multicoloured, a bit like the gay pride colours I guess. Concentrating on visuals causes the colours from the jacket to spread elsewhere in my vision. In addition, the colours are flowing fairly freely down the stripes on the legs and continuing as shadows onto the wall.

T+4:00 just been enjoying the ride so far. I have a football shirt hanging up and it has a name and number printed on the back in fluorescent yellow; the letters are dancing along to the music, jostling each other for position. Smoked a joint at this time which really helped to ramp up the visuals a bit more. Still at +++

T+6:00 I had originally been intending to stick to the DOC, and maybe take some 2C-C at the point when it started levelling off. Knowing that DOC will persist for some time with varying levels of intoxication, I debate whether I really want to face up to another 12 hours of slow descent. This is when I decide to go for the 2C-P. I go out to the beer fridge in the garage and remove my amber vial of 2C-P (mixed at 1mg/ml). The 2C-C dose of 11mg is sitting in another bottle. I go back to my bathroom and proceed to plug the 2C-P, the rationale being that rectal reduces the time to take effect. I relax for a bit, still enjoying the DOC feeling, and waiting for the familiar phenethylamine rush which I assume will come.

T+7:00 The 2C-P seems to be slowly coming on. I've felt a couple of surges and a slight alteration in visual effects. DOC visuals seems fairly quick moving to me; 2C-P moves at a slower pace, still compelling, but in a different way. Mostly ++

T+8:00 Starting to enjoy the mixed visuals I'm getting now. Still some colour bleeding, and the writing on the shirt is getting more hectic: letters rearrange themselves and spin around. Smoking a joint kicks it up a notch further. +++

T+10:00 the last couple of hours have been spent wallowing on my bed enjoying the feelings of euphoria and visuals. I have to note two things: first, my headspace has been pretty clear; I have not become stuck in any thought loops and have easily managed to contain any anxiety through breathing techniques. Second, there is a little body load going on. Around now if I sit upright I can feel a tightness around my stomach, at times causing fairly sharp pains. I use the toilet and then realise that I haven't eaten a thing for nearly twelve hours so I remedy this. I have been drinking plenty of water and tea however. I would say that I am now at a solid ++ and am desirous of returning to a higher level, so I plug 11mg of 2C-C.

T+11:00 2C-C is faster acting than P, and I feel a small rush fairly quickly. The visuals pick up a bit, but they are inferior to the other two substances and it feels a little but like head candy. I wouldn't knock 2C-C as it is a very useful substance if you cannot afford to spend 18 hours under the influence, but it doesn't seem to add much to the mix. Still at ++ and I spend a couple of hours chilling out to Royksopp Melody AM and Moby Play. All very pleasant.

T+12:00 I yearn for the higher place again. Another 3mg 2C-P is plugged and I await the results. Obviously starting to feel a little tired now, but I slept well the previous night so I can keep going for now.

T+13:00 I was expecting some tolerance issues to occur. However, I smoked another joint and was blasted back to a strong +++. I guess there is still some residual 2C-P from my last dose and DOC also likes to hang around so they seem to have synergised. There is a mirror on the bedroom wall facing the bed (it is above eye level when lying down so I can't see myself) and it has a beveled edge around it so that it catches light and spreads it nicely. When on 2C-E this mirror was spinning like a Catherine wheel and spreading colours around the room. On this combination it is different: focussing on the mirror, it splits into two images and is drawn in towards me. It's rather like having a pair of round lens glasses hovering a few inches in front of my face, I almost feel like I can reach out and touch them. Concentrating on the left lens I look towards the football shirt mentioned earlier and through the lens I can see that the visuals are going strong: the letters are darting around all over the place and at points completely disappear. Also, I'm slightly aware that at the edges of my vision things are going quite wild. This lasts for about half an hour.

T+14:30 almost ready to call it a day at this point, but time for one more joint after brushing teeth etc. this done, I smoke and then settle down to enjoy the general headspace.

i eventually pass out around T+16:00.
In summary, this was a thoroughly enjoyable day. There were no huge discoveries on a personal level for me; my life is much more settled than it was in my earlier days so my state of mind is fairly relaxed. My reasoning for taking the substances was along the lines of a holiday from real life and in this it succeeded. I have a few more days of freedom remaining, so I'm planning a 4mg DOC trip in two days. Tolerance will certainly be an issue, so maybe I will up the dose to 5mg (I had originally planned on 3.5mg for this trip, but bottled out!). This time I will stick to DOC and pot though as I will need to be fairly coherent the next day!