Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DOB (2.8mg/ 1.4 + 1.4) - First Time

Buzz Lightbeer

Bluelight Crew
This has been a month ago but since it’s been ages since anyone wrote a DOB report (except Kaleida last year) and the fact that it was such a great experience I thought I’d write a report. I started one the day after my trip but I can’t find it anywhere anymore…

10:00pm (T+0:00) – I dose a 1.4mg blotter. I hold it in my mouth for about 10 minutes, I expected it to be very bitter and burning like DOI but there was only a very very slight bitter taste. I swallow the tab after 10 minutes. I feel first alerts after like 10-15 minutes, muscle tenseness and some dreamy haziness.

T+1:30 – Effects have been getting stronger, but only very slightly. By now I have joined some of my friends in a bar to drink a beer and wait for DOB to come on further. Still only at a + but each minute seems to pass by slowly, I cannot focus on what people are saying and I’m actually in deep thought myself. I get myself into a conversation that is way too hard for me, everything I say seems to come out wrong and I decide it’s time to go.

T+2:30 – I’m in the city park and I feel like I’m almost fully up. I start overthinking my rash tripping decision and a strong feeling of melancholy and loneliness overtakes me. I sit down in one of my favorite spots and cry profusely for about 5 minutes, why do I insist on doing this to myself, what is the point, you’re not in a well enough mindstate to enjoy this, and I miss someone to talk to…
I change the music, get up and I feel better, and determined to make something out of this. I had been looking forward to this for a long time and I was not about to fuck it up.

T+3:00 – I am home, dose another blotter impulsively (although I was nervous about this, 2.8mg in total now). And I lie down for a minute in my couch. I have quite a bit of tracers and some afterimages after both turning my head and closing/opening my eyes, otherwise things seem to be morphing slightly, like DOC & DOI but slower and more seductive.

T+3:30 – Things have been getting intense! I found myself pacing back and forth in my living room, not panicky but just like ‘wow this is very intense, chill for a bit’. I often put my head in the pillows out of pure intensity. There is visual activity but not too much, such that it isn’t distracting or physically nauseating like DOI was for me.

T+4:00 – Okay this is where things really get into gear. The physical effects get stronger and more apparent, there is energy and a lot of positive feelings come with it, but not unpleasant and I sit perfectly content vibing to the 70s funk and jazz that is on, the percussion seems perfectly in line with DOB and I’m enjoying the music greatly. DOB’s musical immersion is amazing, like LSD but with more emotions behind it. Before the headspace was quite confusing and just hazy, but it all comes together now, I can think very clearly, directed, fast and with brimming positivity.

T+4:30 – I have been in an incredible vibe for the past 30 minutes, and my god, do I feel amazing. Physical effects seem to have synergized with the mental effects into one larger thing, and it’s absolutely glorious. Music is felt very deeply, some songs evoke an ancient, maybe even mammoth hunting vibe (lol), and I feel right there with the artists in the heat of the moment. I am overtaken with an incredibly warm and euphoric bodily feeling while smoking a cigarette outside, I don’t quite know what is happening but pure love and euphoria wash over me. I sit down and start thinking very deeply about my relationship to some family members and realize some shitty decisions I had made. This doesn’t get me down though, on the contrary, DOB has no intentions of slowing down. Music was calling for me back inside so I rush my way in and sit down with a tablet. I HAVE to tell my friends about this drug, this is incredible. Oh my god, this song…… This must be what full bliss feels like, will I ever be able to top this feeling, I doubt it. I tell them that DOB is incredible, and there’s a feel to it, like a handle, and without that handle the experience would be alien and too strong, but that handle is the best and it’s what DOB is all about, a ride, a full ride.

T+6:00 – Still going very strong, I feel like an animal, a human in its purest form. It’s not just stimulation rousing through me, it’s strength, pure power! I’ve been typing on this tablet, sitting on this chair just typing (talking). The things I’m talking about feel directed and I can think about them with great clarity, I don’t get too hung up on subjects and I waltz through my thoughts, guided by the DOB train. The euphoria is too much at times, and I just let my eyes roll into my head.

T+7:00 – I’m done talking, nobody to talk to anymore, and suddenly the gravity of the physical effects hits me. It’s so strong, man, how am I going to handle this, I’ve never been this stimulated before. It’s my fault sitting down this whole time, I never noticed or thought about, I was too immersed, but this is a problem that needs to be fixed asap. My legs are restless, my whole body is restless actually, my fingers are trembling, my neck aches. I want to stay inside so I start running around in my house, but it doesn’t help. Push-ups don’t help, I do 30 without problem, and it feels good but it’s not enough. I know there’s only one solution, and that’s walking. I make my way out of my house and just walk, no other objective than to use all this power that’s been given to me.

T+9:00 – Oof, just got back. I walked for two hours, fast, still incredibly euphoric. I went to places I never went before, they weren’t particularly interesting but it was very fun anyway. I could have made my way back at any moment but at each junction I thought “no we’re not done yet, go further”.
I was in a discussion with a friend of mine, and things got very heated, at least in my head, but it transferred to my messages. I was mad and couldn’t understand, but after his reply I understood that it was because I was under the influence of the most powerful stimulant I have ever ingested. I apologized for poor wording but still felt I was very much right, and I tried to not let it get to me anymore. Typing on my phone was rough because it was cold and there was strong tension in my fingers, but conveying my points was more important to me at the time.
I’m sitting in my couch and I’m relieved, the excess stimulation is gone and I feel content and comfortable sitting down. So yeah, this was DOB, doesn’t feel as strong as before. Is it going to be like DOI, this was it, and I’m left with a long and mild amphetamine comedown? Certainly doesn’t feel as strong anymore, what would some weed do……

T+10:00 – Okay, I never stopped tripping as hard, I just lost focus for a second. It’s strong, but the same synergy between body and mind isn’t there anymore, damn. But still fun! I managed to smoke half a joint but that’s all for now, I don’t need more. Man, this music is good, I save everything and save it for later relistens, one artist, and many more hours of listening to her left still. I dance, sit down again and reminisce about how amazing the last hours were. I can’t believe already 10 hours have passed, it’s light outside and I’ve already been awake for over 20 hours but I don’t feel tired at all.

T+11:30 – I receive a message from my friend: “Thiem – Djokovic, you watching”? It’s the final of the Australian Open, I find the right channel and lie down in my couch, quite baked but excited for this match. First point, first game, first set, everything fits and is perfect, there’s a cartoonic quality to it, such expectations, such tension. Djokovic is a pain, I love it. We talk about the game via Messenger but it’s tough, I am still tripping way too hard to carry on a serious conversation about tennis and my knowledge of tennis is way too superficial to talk to this guy about this. But I do it anyway, often almost apologizing and explaining that I was tripping, but I didn’t. This commentary sucks though, let’s go right back to musical greatness shall we. Oh this proves to be quite unexpectedly fitting for a tennis match, nice.

T+16:00 – The game is finished, damnit Djokovic, but I can only applaud. So, what now…. I might be a little hungry.. The most basic sandwiches of my life will have to do but it’s good bread so it tastes absolutely great. I make a couple extra to take with me while I continue vibing in my living room. I’m still tripping very hard, it comes and goes in waves, or is it just because I don’t pay good attention? I’m not sure.

T+18:00 – When I close my eyes the intensity hits me again like nothing else. There are only very minor CEVs but I felt like I was lifted out of my body and was floating in between worlds on demand. I get up for a while, and think ‘wow, 17 hours in, how is this even possible’, dance for a bit, and decide to go right back.

T+21:00 – I was losing strength for a while but I didn’t give in. I’m still tripping very hard, +++ for sure, and continue to just think, talk and listen to the music. I decide to go to the store because I’m really not feeling like preparing a whole meal. While walking I feel like a different person, operating under a different frequency, floating above the ground with a short term memory that’s shot to pieces, but with a mind that’s still oh so precise. It’s cold out and for some reason my jacket’s open but it feels exactly right that way and I keep walking with determination, that snack, that snack…..

T+23:00 – Last hours were almost just as intense as the previous ten hours. It feels exactly the same as like ten hours ago, like something was wound up in my brain and then released, and it was only slowing down very gradually. I've been speeding on like a true warrior and it didn't stop feeling amazing for one second.

T+24:00 – I’d stay awake but I have stuff to do tomorrow and I skipped one night already so I’m going to be plenty tired already. I dose 3mg of etizolam hoping that would knock me right out.
I think I fell asleep after say ~1 hour.

T+36:00 – I awake well rested, still some minor effects, but I’m in an amazing mood, very impressed with DOB which I think is easily one of the best drugs I’ve ever taken.

So, this was my day on DOB. Really top notch stuff, but you need to be prepared for very strong mental and physical effects. Physically there was some vasoconstriction, jangliness and lots of stimulation going on, all similar to DOC, which can also be physically rough for me. I have never taken DOC in a dose that is comparable to the intensity of 2.8mg of DOB (4.5mg DOC at most) but what DOC has in sweetness and in its friendly loving headspace, DOB has in raw power. And the ‘friendly’ and ‘loving’ can come out of that raging train, doesn’t sound likely if I phrase it this way but it’s true. This animalistic power is the core of DOB and I guarantee it is damn impressive.

I’m out, wrote this in like 1 hour, the euphoria and stimulation hits me even one month after that trip =D looking back it's kinda weird that I phrased so many things in first person and as if I really wrote it at the time, and it's always consistent in my report, but whatever, I think it's less boring than when an average writer such as myself would describe effects at kinda random times in the report. I will probably remember some more important aspects about DOB in the following days (I didn't have any notes and this was all straight from memory). One of my most fun trips ever and I can't wait to repeat it again. I hope you felt the speedy nature and impulsive confidence through the report, it was written in such a headspace and I thought that was quite fitting.

So yeah, until next time fellow psychonauts ❤

Edit: Music for about 20 hours was this if you're interested:

And part 2, and 3, and other sets by Mrs. Donna.......

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dob
substancecode_amphetamines
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the report, Buzz! I've been waiting to hear about this. :) This was a vivid description, and I appreciate it because DOB is the next long-acting psychedelic I am taking (I think, either that or 2C-P). It's interesting how so many of the early DOB reports reported fear and horrible bodyload, I wonder if it's because people were trying to dose it like many other psychedelics, where they're trying to lay down and go inward? The DOXs are not for laying down and going inward, they are for interacting with the world, being in your body. In any case, all of the (uncommon) modern reports paint a picture of an incredible drug that I will love. Can't wait to try it.

Cheers man :)
I have read of people liking it initially but being turned off by it later, maybe I was just lucky. But I was not in the best headspace or physical condition at the time (already awake for a long time already) so probably not. What was most striking to me was that it was not just stimulation, but I felt like a machine, a king, super powerful and you need to use that otherwise you're gonna be suffering.
But after my 2 hour walk I hardly had any trouble physically, DOC (DOiP too) continues to be quite annoying for me, even after a whole day of hiking and just wanting to chill (before the plateau really hits), I did not expect this, although there was plenty of both mental and physical stimulation still, just never a hint of it being too much.

I love the euphoria and mania that accompanies these DOx man, literally incredible, I can't wait until I get to try a full dose of DOPr, that'll be magic and finesse instead of the power if I go by reports.

Awesome, I will definitely use it during a long day in nature or something. Maybe next time my friend and I get to go river hiking, we'll take it. We usually use DOC for that and used DOM once, DOM was so-so, seemed to lack content. The thing that's so great about DOC for river hiking is that it is really good for being in touch with your body and river hiking involves climbing up boulders in a mountain river so is by nature dangerous. Plus DOC gets us into this amazing mindset to talk about our lives and the world and the whole day feels like deep therapy. Do you think DOB fits into that sort of thing, spending the day with a friend talking about everything?

Yeah I think this is one to take with friends most certainly, could get a little too hectic in conversing but imo the interplay between the psychedelic effects and the amphetamine induced hypomania is really nice and could lead to an excellent time with your friend.
I don't know about river hiking though. I don't think there's any way DOB will weigh up to the tried and tested DOC, and using it in that setting will probably show many flaws in comparison, I wouldn't want that hanging over DOB. It also depends on how much you take, too low and you might miss out on that amazing peak but 2mg and more will almost be for sure too much for the purpose I think. If it were me, I'd do the hiking after about 10 hours or so but the logistics are probably quite hard then. Also there won't be that hyperfocus of DOC,, and you might feel 'zoned out', which isn't optimal for the purpose.

Personally, I'd do it like you did for DOPr, with music close by, instruments for music playing close by (I thought about this at the time and I'd highly suggest you try this, I'm very untalented myself but I'm fairly sure this will work out wonderfully), and the ability to go outside and walk in nature at your leisure. But that's just me ofcourse =D.

Word, thanks for the opinion, makes sense. :) I should definitely do it in the exact same scenario, with the same friend.

Wow, that just did sound really nice! Even though I cannot imagine doing such a long lasting, energetic kinda psychedelic in the near future, I'm nevertheless interested, just cuz of how vividly your words were painting a picture of someone having a good time...and this made me very curious, and even a wee bit...envious, to be honest!

Many thanks for sharing this!

Yeah it was pretty epic, still haven't topped that feeling =D I still remember me sitting in that chair not knowing what to do with myself because of the extreme euphoria I was experiencing. I did oversell the duration a little I think.

Still haven't revisited either, it'll be a while but definitely again someday.

There are some great DOB reports on Erowid, this one in particular is my favorite and it does an amazing job at capturing what DOB is all about: https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=3259

Yeah I have always loved that report. It was one of the early ones that made me think "maybe this stuff isn't terrifying and full of horrible bodyload" (like many early reports seemed to suggest, at least that's my memory perception of it)