• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do you wash your weed?

water curing is usually a last resort if you have fertilizer burns or if you really need to cure it in a week. it is not usually done because it reduces the weight of the bud; do not confuse this with making it more potent.

U think its better to leave it as a bud or grind it before hand? Im guessing leave it? Get sprayed weed alot here so gonna give it ago because Ive heard it works really weel for sprayed weed.

Only read the first page but this sounds like it's just a placebo effect

sounds like your just a dumbass.

it really changed the way my bud looked and smelled and smoked. It did not get me any higher than it would have before and i don't think thats what anybody is saying.

before it was fluffy bright green hay smelling bud

after it was dark dense had the same amount of trichomes and was nearly odorless untill it was broken up, then it smelled better than it did before,

Should change the title of the thread to water curing perhaps?

Has anyone tried other methods of curing? Like air curing with the sealed jars? To get rid of the chloryphyll?

Certainly no more than igniting the bud with flaming butane...
The act of combustion is far superior to vaporizing when tasting the flavor of cannabis.

Again, IMO.

Thanks for the idea Huaca, I will try this cure method with part of my next harvest coming up in one week and let you know how it goes.

:)
OK so my results are in. I had some trouble with heat this summer, so a lot of the crop was less than top shelf quality (perfect for experimenting with). I went ahead and tried the water cure with these buds. I tried this two difference ways.

1) 1 week Immediate water cure directly after harvest:

Results: Very smokable, almost no taste, the little taste there didn't taste great though. Potency did not change.

2) 1 week water cure after a "jar sweat" cure for 2 weeks.

Results: Same results as 1, except that the little taste that does exist, was slightly better tasting.

I usually grade weed by how dense the trichomes are... at least thats what I like about weed, I iamgine "washing" it would get rid of all this lovely THC

cold water just washes off the tricomes so essentially all you did was turn your weed into just plain old plant material

Why would you waste weed like that? If you want to "wash" your weed, use ice cold water with ice into a bubble hash bag. That way you have "clean" weed with no thc, and all that wasted trics make hash so if your going to do that this method.

Remember you won't get potent buds, only hash...

Curing in a way is cleaning, that itself should be enough. Turns inactive thc into active thc, better smell and taste.

it is not usually done because it reduces the weight of the bud; do not confuse this with making it more potent.

It does make it more potent.

You are reducing the amount of inactive ingredients while leaving the amount of active ingredients the same. If potency can be define as mgTHC/gCannabisBud, then the denominator goes down while the numerator stays the same, so you divide by less, which means its becoming MORE potent.

omg thanks roger i wana punch all the idiots saying, "why would you waste/get weed wet. fucking morons try it before you reach a limited conjecture in your tiny brains

Water curing sucks. Only reason to do it is if you really need to smoke or have smoke immediately ready or some fucked up shit like that. It leaves almost no taste or smell. Trichomes are still there (its called a magnifying glass). I feel the high is changed though, as flavinoids etc that are susceptible to water are gone. Its been proven that terpenes/flavinoids affect high. So know, you are messing with your high.

It does make it more potent.

You are reducing the amount of inactive ingredients while leaving the amount of active ingredients the same. If potency can be define as mgTHC/gCannabisBud, then the denominator goes down while the numerator stays the same, so you divide by less, which means its becoming MORE potent.

I'm with you Roger. Great to see this kind of discussion here in CD.

really you washed your weed? for some reason that just intrigues me. i got some water into a bag that i had (amount was an 1/2 ounce) and all it did was wash off the trichomes i couldn't get high off it, it basically turned to shit and wasn't even worth smoking, washing your weed just kinda sounds like a bad move cause things dissolve in water, not to mention it would make it damp as hell, but thats what the straining's for i guess, it sounds like an awful waste of time that you could be spending actually getting high, thats my piece.

^^THC is NOT water soluble. I personally have been washing commercial weed for 10 years. Occasionally you get some commercial that hasn't been flushed properly or something similar and can benefit from a water cure.

I thought it was a crazy idea too at first. Once I learned the science it made perfect sense.